Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

:[ Say it ain't so cam.

• Sad 2

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The man is not a god but only because men cannot be gods. If men could be gods, Cam Newton would be a god.

aujeff11 too fwiw. 

Is Cam injured?  Passes way off target today , bad Int at the end...another loss....what is going on ?

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Is Cam injured?  Passes way off target today , bad Int at the end...another loss....what is going on ?

He's been injured for about 4-5 weeks. His shoulder is shot and he needs to have surgery on it but highly doubt he'll go on IR to get the surgery he needs. He gets taken out when they need to make a hailmary and can't pass down the field 30+ yards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

He's been injured for about 4-5 weeks. His shoulder is shot and he needs to have surgery on it but highly doubt he'll go on IR to get the surgery he needs. He gets taken out when they need to make a hailmary and can't pass down the field 30+ yards

Did you watch the game?  I couldn’t get it here.  If so, was it the defense again or just a bad game overall?

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Did you watch the game?  I couldn’t get it here.  If so, was it the defense again or just a bad game overall?

I missed the first half. Defense seemed to play better in the second half. I think the first 3 drives they only gave up 11 yards. Newton just played really badly. Anyone who watches him can tell he's hurt and it's affecting his accuracy. However,  they also went away from the run in the second half. I think only 5 or 6 runs? I can't remember exactly.

Edit: Also, Funchess should never see the field again. He's lazy, gives up on plays, can't remember routes that he's supposed to run, and doesn't turn his head when running a route.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Might as well shut him down now for the season after 5 straight losses. A extended period away from the game did Andrew Luck and his bum shoulder well. He is having the best season of his career after missing all of last season. And he was a lot worse off than Cam with how bad his shoulder was. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Team loss....the old Cam would have passed an run them to death.....Funchess looked like crap....he and Can were never in the same playbook.

Edited by AU64
  • Thanks 2

https://auburntigers.com/news/2018/12/12/football-auburn-in-the-nfl-week-14-recap.aspx

Here's a look at how the 23 former Auburn players on active NFL rosters fared this past weekend in week 14 of the NFL season.

BEST OF WEEK 13

Dee Ford, LB, Kansas City Chiefs
In 66 defensive snaps for the Chiefs in their 27-24 overtime win over Baltimore, Ford was credited with four tackles, one quarterback hit and half a sack, which came during the extra period when he and Justin Houston combined to bring down Ravens' quarterback Lamar Jackson on a 2nd-and-18 play near midfield with 1:52 left. Ford now has 11 sacks on the season and his pass-rush grade on PFF (91.7) tops all edge rushers in the NFL. 

Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
Newton completed 26 of his 42 passes for 265 yards in a 26-20 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Though the former league MVP didn't account for a touchdown for the first time all season, his 265 passing yards put him over 3,000 passing yards on the season and also put him in elite company as now only he and Peyton Manning have thrown for at least 3,000 yards in each of their first eight NFL seasons.

Embedded video

Carolina Panthers

@Panthers
 Cam loves the kids 💙

8:00 AM - Dec 12, 2018
591 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Braden Smith, OT, Indianapolis Colts
Going 1-on-1 against J.J. Watt for most of the game, Smith limited the All-Pro defensive end to only one tackle as the Colts knocked off the AFC South-leading Houston Texans, 24-21. Smith, the Colts' second-round draft pick in 2018, started his ninth straight game Sunday and gave quarterback Andrew Luck time to complete 27-of-41 passes for 399 yards and two touchdowns in the victory. 

OTHER TIGERS IN THE NFL

Montravius Adams, DT, Green Bay Packers
Adams played 22 total snaps (12 defense, 10 special teams) and recorded one tackle in a 34-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons. The second-year pro now has at least one tackle in four of the team's last five games.

Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Carolina Panthers
Artis-Payne carried the ball for just the second time this season and picked up five yards in a 26-20 loss to the Browns. The fourth-year pro also saw action on special teams for the Panthers.

Peyton Barber, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though his touchdown streak came to an end at three games, Barber still rushed for 42 yards on 14 carries and added a two-yard reception as the Buccaneers lost to the Saints, 28-14, on Sunday. The third-year pro leads the team with 677 yards rushing and has five total touchdowns on the season.

Daren Bates, LB, Tennessee Titans
In the Titans' 30-9 win over Jacksonville last Thursday night, Bates was in on 18 (78 percent) of Tennessee's special team plays. However, Bates did not register a statistic throughout the game.

Angelo Blackson, DE, Houston Texans
Blackson played 18 snaps on defense and seven on special teams and recorded one tackle as the Texans fell to the Indianapolis Colts, 27-24. He's now had a tackle in all but two games this season.

Daniel Carlson, K, Oakland Raiders
In a 24-21 win over Pittsburgh, Carlson knocked through a 44-yard field-goal attempt midway through the second quarter and converted all three PAT attempts. The made field goal was Carlson's 10th since he joined the Raiders seven games ago. Additionally, he is now 20-for-20 on PATs to start his NFL career.

Sammie Coates, WR, Houston Texans
Coates played 15 special team plays in the Texans' 27-24 loss to Indianapolis and was back to receive kickoffs on occasions after DeAndre Carter entered concussion protocol.

Shon Coleman, OL, San Francisco 49ers
Coleman did not see the field in Week 14. The former third-round pick was traded from the Cleveland Browns to the 49ers prior to the season.

Blake Countess, DB, Los Angeles Rams
Countess made a tackle on the opening kickoff in Sunday's loss to the Bears. The former sixth-round pick, now in his third year in the league, also saw snaps at strong safety.

Carlton Davis, CB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Davis missed his second straight game with an ankle injury. The rookie cornerback started 10 of the team's first 11 games before the injury and has 34 tackles with three passes defended.

Rudy Ford, DB, Arizona Cardinals
Ford played all 22 of his snaps on special teams in a 17-3 loss to the Detroit Lions. The second-year pro and former sixth-round draft pick did not record a statistic.

Jeff Holland, LB, Denver Broncos 
Despite being on the team's 53-man roster, Holland was a healthy scratch for Denver in its 20-14 loss to San Francisco.

Kerryon Johnson, RB, Detroit Lions
Johnson was held out for the third straight week with a knee injury. The second-round pick is in the midst of a breakout rookie season with 641 yards rushing, 213 yards receiving and four total touchdowns, and the Lions remain hopeful he can still return at some point season.

Jonathan Jones, CB, New England Patriots
Jones now has 45 tackles on the season after recording three tackles, including 0.5 sacks and one quarterback hit, in a last-second loss to Miami. He played a total of 20 snaps (11 defense, 19 special teams) for the Patriots. The sack came late in the first half when Jones and Kyle Van Noy combined to bring down Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill for an 8-yard loss.

Brandon King, LB, New England Patriots
King made his impact in the Patriots' heart-breaking 34-33 loss to Miami when he tackled Miami running back Kenyan Drake on the kickoff following Stephen Gostkowski's 32-yard field goal that gave New England a 30-28 lead with 6:50 left in the game.

Cody Parkey, K, Chicago Bears
Parkey made a pair of field goals (39, 31) and converted his only PAT attempt to help the Bears take down the Los Angeles Rams, 15-6, on Sunday night. The fifth-year kicker, who was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in week 12, is now 21 of 27 on field goals this season.

Greg Robinson, OT, Cleveland Browns
Robinson earned his fifth straight start as Cleveland moved its record to 5-7-1 for the season after knocking off Carolina, 26-20. Robinson played on all 52 offensive snaps, and despite having the ball seven fewer minutes, the offensive line helped Cleveland rush for 20 more yards than the Panthers.

Neiko Thorpe, CB, Seattle Seahawks
Thorpe played exclusively on special teams and recorded one tackle in a victory over the Vikings on Monday Night Football. This is his sixth year in the league.

C.J. Uzomah, TE, Cincinnati Bengals
Uzomah hauled in all three targets from Bengals quarterback Jeff Driskel for 37 yards, which included a 24-yard reception, as Cincinnati fell to the Los Angeles Chargers 26-21. It's the sixth time this season that Uzomah has finished a game with a 100 percent catch rate.

Jermaine Whitehead, S, Cleveland Browns 
Whitehead played primarily on special teams in the Browns' 26-20 victory over Carolina as he was in on 15 (54 percent) of Cleveland's special team plays.

DNP (Reserve/Injured or Practice Squad)
Josh Bynes, LB, Arizona Cardinals
Corey Grant, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
Josh Harris, LS, Atlanta Falcons
Joshua Holsey, CB, Washington Redskins
Devaroe Lawrence, DL, Cleveland Browns
Carl Lawson, DE, Cincinnati Bengals
Ricardo Louis, WR, Cleveland Browns
Tray Matthews, DB, Green Bay Packers
Cassanova McKinzy, LB, Washington Redskins
Jonathon Mincy, CB, Chicago Bears
Chad Slade, OL, Houston Texans
Gabe Wright, DT, Oakland Raiders

I wish Cam would leave Carolina for a team with a real OL and better overall receiver talent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

There's been an A.P.B. out for Carolina's defense and now they've been found. Now the Cam from early in the season needs to show up.

Dude is clearly hurt. It  is obvious to me now over the past couple of weeks. That is the biggest difference along with Olsen being out from the early season panthers. That and they did not get the breaks during this losing streak. They are not making key plays in these close games. If they lose this one they just need to sit Cam the next 2 games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude is clearly hurt. It  is obvious to me now over the past couple of weeks. That is the biggest difference along with Olsen being out from the early season panthers. That and they did not get the breaks during this losing streak. They are not making key plays in these close games. If they lose this one they just need to sit Cam the next 2 games.

Yep, I said it a couple weeks ago. Newton should have been put on the IR after the Tampa Bay game. Rivera is too concerned with keeping his job, though, and will continue to trot Newton out there when he's barely 50%.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yep, I said it a couple weeks ago. Newton should have been put on the IR after the Tampa Bay game. Rivera is too concerned with keeping his job, though, and will continue to trot Newton out there when he's barely 50%.

We've been there with a QB situation where the injured QB was still the best QB we had.....it's tough when you get to that point but with all the money on the line for the playoffs, I bet you would have a hard time keeping Cam off the field.   Even worse for the Panthers....his injury hampers his running game too and he is the biggest part of the Panther offense ...air and ground but he just can't get anything on the ball. . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We've been there with a QB situation where the injured QB was still the best QB we had.....it's tough when you get to that point but with all the money on the line for the playoffs, I bet you would have a hard time keeping Cam off the field.   Even worse for the Panthers....his injury hampers his running game too and he is the biggest part of the Panther offense ...air and ground but he just can't get anything on the ball. . 

Cam is playing embarrassing. He is inaccurate no matter the route and showboating when time is ticking away before the half. If he wasn’t an Auburn alum I’d be done with him.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Anyone who has watched the Newton and the Panthers the last several weeks can see that he just can't complete passes. He constantly misses wide open receivers. If I had to make a choice to try and save my job, I would be putting in a healthy QB who can make the passes. The longer Newton plays this year, the longer the rehab has to be put on hold. The Panthers are done. Sit him down and let him heal for next year.

Oh and get him a freaking OL!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam is playing embarrassing. He is inaccurate no matter the route and showboating when time is ticking away before the half. If he wasn’t an Auburn alum I’d be done with him.

Your post is embarrassing.

Cam is not healthy, and he still doesn't have the OL he deserves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

So be it. Unhealthy or not. It’s tick tock, 28 seconds and counting until the half and in the red zone and Cam is signaling first down. He’s completely unaware at this point of his career. That is not a good look. 

Cam has always been inaccurate. Check his year by year stats

50 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hmm...Reminds me of another certain coach

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Cam is not healthy, and he still doesn't have the OL he deserves. 

Yah his shoulder is bad. It sucks he is going to have another offseason surgery. He has not had a healthy offseason in a long time. It has been either a shoulder or ankle the last few offseasons. He has not been able to work on his craft. All these injuries are piling up. He is built like a tank but even he is mortal.

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah his shoulder is bad.

Well then he should take himself out. It’s his body, his career. Forget the fact of his lack of unawareness at this point of his career. He is restricted to throwing to the RB if not throwing errant passes off of sloppy fundamentals. Just rest up. He’s a professional. Ron Rivera just said Cam won’t be sitting out the rest of the year; well he’s a dead man walking and Cam doesn’t to kill his body for him.

Edited by aujeff11