Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

48 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

I said Carl Lawson would be this guy, so naturally he had a season-ending injury and Dee Ford is having the season of his life. Man, I really suck. War Damn Dee. 

Get to see our boy Carlson get another shot tonight.  Hope he kicks it true. 

45 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Carlson missed a 45 yard FG. Clanked off the upright.

Looked true early then took off.  He is going to have to get it together.  He will probably have a short leash.  He probably just needs game reps, but he is probably over thinking it. He didn't look comfortable before the kick. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Looked true early then took off.  He is going to have to get it together.  He will probably have a short leash.  He probably just needs game reps, but he is probably over thinking it. He didn't look comfortable before the kick. 

Good thing with the raiders they were probaly glad he missed it since they are tanking! lol. He has a much longer leash on a terrible team.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good thing with the raiders they were probaly glad he missed it since they are tanking! lol. He has a much longer leash on a terrible team.

He missed it while they were already down 28 to a third string QB. Tanking was already accomplished.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He missed it while they were already down 28 to a third string QB. Tanking was already accomplished.

Yea and Carlson is the 3rd kicker already for the Raiders.  Gruden looked a bit disgusted after the kick.  I really hope Carlson can have a few perfect games,  2 for 2, 3 for3 type games to build on before he misses another one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Yea and Carlson is the 3rd kicker already for the Raiders.  Gruden looked a bit disgusted after the kick.  I really hope Carlson can have a few perfect games,  2 for 2, 3 for3 type games to build on before he misses another one. 

Yeah I thought the same. Carlson needs a hot streak. I doubt Gruden wants to carry much over from this team to the one he wants to work with, so he needs to convince Gruden that he should be a part of the future. Carlson is pretty safe this season though.

• Like 1

Another good day for Cam.....playing like his MVP season ….and the new OC has brought back the old Cam offense.....some nifty read-options that totally flummoxed the opposing DEs several times.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Another good day for Cam.....playing like his MVP season ….and the new OC has brought back the old Cam offense.....some nifty read-options that totally flummoxed the opposing DEs several times.  

Unfortunately I cannot see him getting in the top 3 of MVP voting this year. Just so many other candidates have better numbers than him unfortunately.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Unfortunately I cannot see him getting in the top 3 of MVP voting this year. Just so many other candidates have better numbers than him unfortunately.

MVP?  ….guess it depends on how far the Panthers go.....inconsistent offense ….seem to play hard when they need to.....but it's not just about stats.   But as someone noted above, the D is not reliable.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mahomes, Gurley, Brees and Brady are all ahead of him now for MVP. It is a logjam this year. A lot of candidates it could easily go too who are very deserving. You got to have the stats and WIN. same as heisman now.

probably but guess it depends on how the teams end up.    MVP means "valuable" and considering that Cam is just about the total offense of the Panthers, it's hard to imagine any other NFL player who means more to the success of his team....but that's probably me looking through my orange and blue glasses.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

probably but guess it depends on how the teams end up.    MVP means "valuable" and considering that Cam is just about the total offense of the Panthers, it's hard to imagine any other NFL player who means more to the success of his team....but that's probably me looking through my orange and blue glasses.

The media would write in Norv Turner before they picked Cam again. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The media would write in Norv Turner before they picked Cam again. 

Could be....but watching the Panther offense has become fun again... 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Could be....but watching the Panther offense has become fun again... 

It is fun, and Norv deserves some credit but Cam is the one making the plays. I was very skeptical of Norv coaching Cam but he has done well. Norv basically got Teddy Bridgewater killed.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

lol you are thinking about this way to logically. Unfortunately the narrative is not about Cam and the panthers this year. Panthers are 6-2 and barely a peep has been uttered about them nationally. There is just not a push for them and Cam. Pat Mahomes has 2.9k yards and 29 touchdowns on the year and the Chiefs are 8-1. That is what people see. National media talks about him all the time. I would say he is the leader in the clubhouse as of now.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol you are thinking about this way to logically. Unfortunately the narrative is not about Cam and the panthers this year. Panthers are 6-2 and barely a peep has been uttered about them nationally. There is just not a push for them and Cam. Pat Mahomes has 2.9k yards and 29 touchdowns on the year and the Chiefs are 8-1. That is what people see. National media talks about him all the time. I would say he is the leader in the clubhouse as of now.

Agreed. What the awards say they're about and what they're actually about are 2 different things. And it's hard to blame the voters. Perception and reality always have a tenuous relationship. 

• Thanks 1

Terrible decision by Cam. This could put them back real bad especially if their db's keep getting cooked.