Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

LETS GO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From 2 star to the Pro Bowl!!!! HELL YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN DEE FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEST edge pass rushers we have ever had.

• Love 1

Thank Goodness they are shutting him down. He has not been right for a few weeks. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

I love the Carolina Panthers, but if I were Cam Newton I would start to demand a better OL if he is to stay with Carolina.  They are ruining him with all of these shots he takes.  It is to the point it is frustrating.  And then you see Carolina fans trash Newton like it is his fault.  Every off-season is another potential surgery because the OL is trash.

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I love the Carolina Panthers, but if I were Cam Newton I would start to demand a better OL if he is to stay with Carolina.  They are ruining him with all of these shots he takes.  It is to the point it is frustrating.  And then you see Carolina fans trash Newton like it is his fault.  Every off-season is another potential surgery because the OL is trash.

I go to CarolinaHuddle during game days and follow the game thread while watching the game and it's amazing how s***ty those fans are. It's constant berating of players (About 100x worse than our game threads here). Last week or the week before they were calling Kuechly overrated and the saying he needs to just retire. 

Rivera and the Panthers have already ruined Newton, imo. They had one of the most gifted, freak athletes that has ever played the game and they never game him weapons nor did they ever give him an OL that could block for him. Newton's prime years are over and now he's a 30 year-old QB with shoulder/arm issues.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/19/2018 at 9:03 AM, aujeff11 said:

Sad nana

That has been an Auburn curse in the league.  We get someone that is starting to tear it up only to get injured and lose their spot. Ben Tate,  Tre Mason, Jason Campbell with Raiders,  Parkey with Eagles,  Fairley had to retire,  Lawson this year,  Fannin never got started,  etc.  I think KJ will be safe though.  He showed a lot in his short stint. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Glad to see Carlson turn it around after the rough start with Vikings.  "He's who we thought he was" lol.  Wonder if Zimmer is regretting getting trigger happy and cutting him too soon.

• Thanks 1

Panthers lose another QB.....after only one game and another (Heinicke?)  is down    Cam not on IR but absolutely no reason to play him again this season.  Meanwhile the OL for the Panthers should scare any prospective QB for them. 

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Panthers lose another QB.....after only one game and another (Heinicke?)  is down    Cam not on IR but absolutely no reason to play him again this season.  Meanwhile the OL for the Panthers should scare any prospective QB for them. 

Cam playing for Rivera and the Panthers is getting unbearable and I’ve been a Panthers fan since the millennium.They need to divorce.

If the Panthers doesn’t want to help my guy out, my guy should leave. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam playing for Rivera and the Panthers is getting unbearable and I’ve been a Panthers fan since the millennium.They need to divorce.

If the Panthers doesn’t want to help my guy out, my guy should leave. 

will be interesting to see what the new owner does after this season...

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

will be interesting to see what the new owner does after this season...

Cam and the Panthers both need a new beginning imo. I don’t trust the new owner to protect his valuable assets. If it’s up to Rivera, he will exploit McCaffrey into another overused and damaged player in a few years. I know Rivera said he wants to dial back McCaffrey’s work load, but I’ll believe it when I see it. He didn’t even care to use CAP after he said be would.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam and the Panthers both need a new beginning imo. I don’t trust the new owner to protect his valuable assets. If it’s up to Rivera, he will exploit McCaffrey into another overused and damaged player in a few years. I know Rivera said he wants to dial back McCaffrey’s work load, but I’ll believe it when I see it. He didn’t even care to use CAP after he said be would.

I don't know if Rivera is a "Valuable asset" at this point.  JMO      Saw CAP make one carry the week after they announced he would play....made a nice run and that was it for the game as best I could tell.    I don't blame Rivera....the OC makes the calls ….and apparently did not get the "word" that CAP was supposed to provide some relief. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Saw CAP make one carry the week after they announced he would play

It was announced he would play more after they dropped CJ Anderson. That was at least a month ago.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I don't blame Rivera....the OC makes the calls ….and apparently did not get the "word" that CAP was supposed to provide some relief. 

lol...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It was announced he would play more after they dropped CJ Anderson. That was at least a month ago.

lol...

Meanwhile, Rivera just stands on the sidelines....looking like he would rather be somewhere else.   For most of a game he looks totally disinterested ….:dunno:

CAP getting a good workout with Panthers today in a nothing game against Saints......one TD thus far...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

CAP got 16 carries today for the Panthers and a TD...had only 3 carries thus far this season.....took advantage of Panthers being out of the playoff and giving most of the better starters the day off. 

The good news for him is that he is now vested in the NFL pension plan and likely makes the NFL minimum of about $500K but might be less since not been on the full squad each year...but doing well and  even better.....still has his health and good knees as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The good news for him is that he is now vested in the NFL pension plan and likely makes the NFL minimum of about $500K but might be less since not been on the full squad each year.

All he’s gotta do is make the active roster or IR for three games to be fully vested for pension benefits in a year. CAP has met this criteria every year so far.

The total benefit defends on how many years of achieving the above. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

All he’s gotta do is make the active roster or IR for three games to be fully vested for pension benefits in a year.

The total benefit defends on how many years of achieving the above. 

Yep and starts at age 55.   

Meanwhile, hope he continues to earn roster time and good to see him play and give #22 some relief. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep and starts at age 55.   

Meanwhile, hope he continues to earn roster time

His 4 year contract ends this year. We shall see.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cameron-artis-payne-16900/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

His 4 year contract ends this year. We shall see.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cameron-artis-payne-16900/

Thanks.... $600K to practice and play in a few games ….and folks complain about how much dilly dilly is gonna get at AU.   😀    Expect someone will get him at the end....maybe the Panthers even...but  I'm happy for him....made good use of his time at AU it seems.. 

• Love 1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

To the fellow Saints fans on this great forum:

WTH is this sh**

Kid was trolling Cam saying they were going to sweep Carolina.  Cam just trolled him back (not to mention Panthers as a whole). Be respectful to Cam and he usually returns the favor.  That being said,  pretty much all Louisiana non-Auburn fans despise Cam and think he is just a show off. 

Edited by AUBwins

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Kid was trolling Cam saying they were going to sweep Carolina.  Cam just trolled him back (not to mention Panthers as a whole). Be respectful to Cam and he usually returns the favor.  That being said,  pretty much all Louisiana non-Auburn fans despise Cam and think he is just a show off. 

Kids are always heckling Cam. Lol. Remember when got heckled at his own camp? Disrespectful little Saints runts are everywhere lol. 

But the whole dustpan thing is funny. I’m glad Cam threw it away. 

• Like 1