Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Apparently both QBs struggled

Not surprising considering they are freshman.  I expect it to carry over into the season.

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait? How do you know it was nix? Somebody make a statement showing that. How does anyone know since both seems to be getting equal reps?

I think he's on Rivals so he can bring over thoughts like that based on the particulars posted of the scrimmage over there.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

TIFWIF, Was told right decisions and good throws.

So like that smoke pick that I shared here last night I guess? Nix threw a great pass and smoke made a great play by just snatching it from sal. Nice that he did it again.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nix had 3. Two of them off the hands of receivers and one by Smoke making an incredible play.

I saw it corrected to 2.

Since the Qbs weren’t live the offense wasn’t running its whole playbook either.  Probably easier for the defense to key in on certain plays.

Guys remember... A bunch of early round picks on the d-line plus base plays plus an experienced secondary equals what he had today.

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But we also have to remember that Schwartz, Hastings, and Stove didn’t play.

Soo much this!!! Per people in the program this offense is soo much better when 3 of the 5 fastest players on the team are playing.

Also this Gus quote from the video Kev posted above...

"There weren't enough first downs to even see it," to really discuss the quarterbacks today, Malzahn says.

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am just going to chalk this down as world class defense we got on our hands 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897cb42aa99749beece66

Eh...same as last year and then the season started lol

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Eh...same as last year and then the season started lol

A man can dream, right? 

Seriously - the OL is at a disadvantage with base plays and no QB running (especially by Joey). Also the DL is our team strength.

Then again the OL just may not be any good. We will soon find out. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

A man can dream, right? 

Seriously - the OL is at a disadvantage with base plays and no QB running (especially by Joey). Also the DL is our team strength.

Then again the OL just may not be any good. We will soon find out. 

But seriously though...Im not worried about what the o-line or offense for that matter, did today..If they do that during the season on a regular basis then yeah of course there's no world class defense excuse.

Reminder that Cam Newton also struggled his first scrimmage. And that was against a much less talented defense. 

Dont read too much into the offense. Both are dual threat QBs and not being able to run kinda handcuffs them both. Hopefully PTB will give us the deets soon! 

Last season there were a quite a few  really ugly videos on this board of our offensive line in 1 on 1 situations getting run by, run through, and run over.  I might be wrong...but I thought it was Bird that posted them.

I'm doubtful that each individual on the offensive line can improve that much in one off season.  Hope I'm wrong. 

I guess we well see on Aug 31.  Although even then you have to hold judgement until they face an SEC defense.  So we may have to wait until the A&M game.

Our QBs will be just fine.

Just not confident it will be this year. Verrrry rare for a freshman to come in and look great. Competent QBing takes time and maturity and you just can't speed that up.. 

Our DL is supposed to be good, even without a bonafide pass rusher - and this specific OL group hasn't shown anything better than mediocre level of play on the field. Our OL and QBs will look bad with this matchup. Just sucks we have several key opponents with stud DLs and our QBs will still be freshman.

48 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bingo. Plus it takes time to build a little chemistry. It will come- hopefully in 3 weeks. 

In 3 weeks, or week 4 of the season, click clack, we are coming. 

Could’ve had a heckuva lot more information  if Joey went live. Nix too. Hate to beat this dead horse but you just cannot evaluate Joey’s performance without it. 

Joey in particular is being asked to play scrabble when his strength is chess. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Could’ve had a heckuva lot more information  if Joey went live. Nix too. Hate to beat this dead horse but you just cannot evaluate Joey’s performance without it. 

Joey in particular is being asked to play scrabble when his strength is chess. 

He is going to have to get over it, especially if he wants to be productive at the next level. You cannot always depend on your feet.

Archived