Fall Camp: Day 7 - First Scrimmage (8/8)

Auburn Kev

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He hit the nose as to how my post was intended, not necesarily on the content.

Gatewood is in a hotly contested battle and being forced to use a developing secondary weapon as the primary throughout the contest, but yet he thinks that’s a net benefit and you subscribe to such a foolish statement?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood is a hotly contested battle and being forced to use a developing secondary weapon as the primary throughout the contest, but yet he thinks that’s a net benefit and  you subscribe to such a foolish statement?

No.. You are putting words in my mouth that aren't there. Go back & look at my edited post.

FTR while Bo doesn't have the freakish build Joey does he is a better athlet in some ways For example, he's actually faster than joey even though Joey is likely the more natural football runner.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Jeff you compared a center in basketball shooting three's to a quarterback throwing the football. That's all that needs to be said at this point. Anyway, like I said, I have no clue who you are arguing with at this point. I've entertained this too long already. 

I explicitly said I was speaking to someone saying the QB should stick to his job which is to throw the ball. You’re lost. 

Would you say Nick Marshall’s job at Auburn was just to throw the football. No you wouldn’t. His job was to move the ball and score. Same for a basketball player doing whatever he does best to score, even if it means a 7 foot center shooting 3s.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are we even arguing at this point? Lol. We are all over the place.

It's Jeff's favorite hobby. Arguing for the sake of it. Looks like he wants to take others comments & see them as a negative about his man Joey when they aren't.

I don't know who Jeff is arguing with - himself maybe. But, today I learned it's not the quarterback's job to throw the football - so I've got that going for me. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I explicitly said I was speaking to someone saying the QB should stick to his job which is to throw the ball. You’re lost. 

Would you say Nick Marshall’s job at Auburn was just to throw the football. No you wouldn’t. His job was to move the ball and score. Same for a basketball player doing whatever he does best to score, even if it means a 7 foot center shooting 3s.

But you realize Joel Embiid is not a good 3 point shooter right? Lol. That is why that example makes zeros sense. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don't know who Jeff is arguing with - himself maybe. But, today I learned it's not the quarterback's job to throw the football - so I've got that going for me. 

I bet you always thought that the forward pass was always legal, too. It’s the QB’s job to move the ball. 

Through whatever means necessary.

NM threw it 6 times against Tennessee in 2013 and according to your logic, he didn’t do his job that day. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I bet you always thought that the forward pass was always legal, too. It’s the QB’s job to move the ball. 

Through whatever means necessary.

Would you say Joey is a more polished runner than passer?  If so would you agree that he should be polishing his lesser skill to have a more balanced attack?  I'm not sure what possible harm it could do him to be working on his passing game.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Would you say Joey is a more polished runner than passer?  If so would you agree that he should be polishing is lesser skill to have a more balanced attack?

He isn’t trying to polish it during a contest, but yeah.  Win the job, continue polishing the craft second. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

NM threw it 6 times against Tennessee in 2013 and according to your logic, he didn’t do his job that day. 

Who on Earth are you arguing with? Not a single person in this thread has suggested that quarterbacks shouldn't be allowed to run the football, or that a quarterback's only job is to pass. You are inventing talking points to argue with that no one has brought up. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

He isn’t trying to polish it during a contest

I'm not following you on this part.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who could have imagined Jeffy arguing with everyone about everything as soon as JG didn't perform his best. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Who on Earth are you arguing with? Not a single person in this thread has suggested that quarterbacks shouldn't be allowed to run the football, or that a quarterback's only job is to pass. You are inventing talking points to argue with that no one has brought up. 

You’re wrong again. AUGunsmith said it’s the QBs job to throw. He could find another position....

Not good today, friends. OLine was pitiful. Gatewood performed better than Nix but both struggled. Both inaccurate. (To be fair both running for their lives.) To say defense won the day is an understatement. 

RBs has to get any yards they could. Momma Worm should be proud! That guy hustles! 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You’re wrong again. AUGunsmith said it’s the QBs job to throw. He could find another position....

Did he say it's his only job? Did anyone here say it's his only job?

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not following you on this part.

Gus has set up a contest of Bo’s primary v JG’s secondary. Gatewood can’t win the job like that. If he wins the job, he can continue polishing his weaker areas.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Did he say it's his only job?

Yep. He said if he wanted to run..... 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yep. He said if he wanted to run..... 

Well I don't know who that guy is, but yeah it's not the QB's only job to pass. Can we move on now? 

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Grab the popcorn 🍿 and enjoy the show. 😂

Archived