Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

Props to them for finally letting Boobee speak to the media. 

He just took me back to Chambers county with that interview. I mean, sounded like he just talking one on one to some random dude at the gas station. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Gus Malzahn on QB battle: ‘I can’t really tell you any more than I did last time’

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Which is it?!

TBF I was talking prior to today. Still waiting for a couple insider reports before forming an opinion about the OL today.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay....

Which is it?!

I’m just assuming based on the reports and the running backs getting more yards than before. I also think I read somewhere that Williams had a 5 yard TD run. 

it is confusing because if you look for  info at another site it is often not clear if insider or premium content. but that said it seems miller whom i believe was moved to fullback had a sixty yard run. i am taking the chance reporting that because people talk about how slow he is but sixty yards? against a decent d/ i am not sure that qualifies as slow.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is confusing because if you look for  info at another site it is often not clear if insider or premium content. but that said it seems miller whom i believe was moved to fullback had a sixty yard run. i am taking the chance reporting that because people talk about how slow he is but sixty yards? against a decent d/ i am not sure that qualifies as slow.

Miller looks slow and probably is, but he has been part of some big plays, especially in third down situations. His TD vs Alabama last year was a thing of beauty. I think he’s a very valuable player. 

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

A pumped up Boobee is always better than a deflated Boobee!

....I just....I'm sorry.  Low hanging fruit is just hard to resist...

Man, you're milking this for all its worth. I'd leave it alone if it was low hanging, but, to each his own.

26 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m just assuming based on the reports and the running backs getting more yards than before. I also think I read somewhere that Williams had a 5 yard TD run. 

Just to follow up on the o-line, I watched Marcellos live and he said word is they did do better today. Also Iggy has been lights out at CB

anyone hear anything about pappy? that is my burning question.

neither bo nor joey had interceptions today..........

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is confusing because if you look for  info at another site it is often not clear if insider or premium content

If you saw it on SECRant it's premium content.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone hear anything about pappy? that is my burning question.

Pappoe? He been impressive in Fall Camp.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If you saw it on SECRant it's premium content.

yes and they claim they have insiders as well. what i posted is supposed to be insider stuff and i will gladly point anyone to them.

i read in the regular news he has gone from will play to probably will start? i just wondered how he did today. and if it still looks like he might start?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

yes and they claim they have insiders as well. what i posted is supposed to be insider stuff and i will gladly point anyone to them.

They don't. All their info is summed from 247. Not worried about what you posted. Just trying to make sure people don't get in the habit of bringing their posts over here often.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i read in the regular news he has gone from will play to probably will start? i just wondered how he did today. and if it still looks like he might start?

No clue. No in depth reports on stuff like that since the scrimmage. It's usually a day or 2 after a scrimmage when stuff like that comes out.

Just now, ellitor said:

They don't. All their info is summed from 247. Not worried about what you posted. Just trying to make sure people don't get in the habit of bringing their posts over here often.

i agree with you since i never sign in to the rant and you know those cats better than i do. and i am not big on stealing. and i have done that before not knowing. i try not to do it but it is odd those guys lie about their insider stuff. and i hate having to pay for imformation about my team but i also realize the world does not exist just to make me happy.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

to be honest i hoped it was legit and posted it i knew it might not be and took a chance.. probably dumb because i only have another ban or two before my behind is gone.

It is going to be hard to keep Smoke Monday off of the field. I know I keep talking about him but he keeps making plays. 

Defense : dominating 

me: 😀

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

to be honest i hoped it was legit and posted it i knew it might not be and took a chance.. probably dumb because i only have another ban or two before my behind is gone.

Honestly secr did not even say where they were getting the info until 1/2 through practice today. Sounded like some dude was there. Then someone mentioned 247. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

It is going to be hard to keep Smoke Monday off of the field. I know I keep talking about him but he keeps making plays. 

Defense : dominating 

me: 😀

from all i hear he is bringing the thunder and hell is following.  lol trying to quote kurt in tombstone. my memory sux...........lol

So far, I feel like my man crush is doing pretty well in practice. He hasn't made any major mistakes yet. He's being cautious with injuries. He's not giving away team secrets to the media. He's putting in the work, out in that 104 degree heat. I feel like he's showing pretty good leadership, so far. Maybe he made great progress in the off-season and will surprise everyone!!!

6 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

In my opinion we should be team "QB competition." I want the best man for the job to get AU back to winning games. If its Joey great. If its Bo great. I just want to win again.

I will wager that before this year is out we will be glad we have them both.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Honestly secr did not even say where they were getting the info until 1/2 through practice today. Sounded like some dude was there. Then someone mentioned 247. 

yes and i was trying to follower the insider but i do not doubt what ell said at all.

Archived