Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

Just now, DAG said:

Ahh context is everything. 

Jeffy purposefully ignores facts and context to try and make his points. His insecurities are numerous

Here is the post

On 8/16/2016 at 7:00 AM, bigbird said:

I may get killed for this, but I can see him being more like Baker Mayfield. Size, accuracy and ability.

Mayfield  (rJr)6"1 210 vs

Sean (rSo) 6' 205 

Mayfield 65% 

White 58%

But Sean was 83 of 143. To reach 65% he would've needed to be 92 of 143. That's only 9 passes which we all know he had at least 9 dropped.

I feel Sean needs the chance to mess up and work through it with out fear of being pulled. If allowed to do so, I think he will excell.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

"Moultry wasn’t very far off last year he just needed a year to acclimate. "

Explain this for me. TIA.

He can't

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Jeffy purposefully ignores facts and context to try and make his points. His insecurities are numerous

Here is the post

Dang you went to the archives for this .

6 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

If I recall correctly, Sean White wasn't afraid to run. And he got prison smashed accordingly.

I think that was the issue.....some guys just don't like to run and that's ok ...but a good QB needs some escapability as noted above...

JMO but a good percentage of QB sacks are on the QB for being immobile and indecisive.     If a guy is gonna be a pro style QB, seems he's gotta be willing to stand in there under a rush and take the hit it that is what is necessary to get the pass off. 

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

That wasn’t  ignored lmao. In fact @AU64 in his wisdom told us to be weary of this and many including myself told him how wrong he was. Boy was he right lol. With that being said, Bo Nix seems to move better then Nix ever did in the pocket. I don’t necessarily care if the QB has Nick Marshall athleticism. To me a guy like Baker Mayfield, who can make all the throws and navigate the pocket well enough to escape pressure is good enough dual for me. Also Baker Mayfield was recruited as a pocket passer , same as Aaron Rodgers, so the recruiting sites shouldn’t be seen as gospel.

It wasn't ignored as soon as he signed. But it is certainly ignored now.

That's why I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of everyone being sold on the DT ability of Nix. Until proven otherwise I view the DT ability of Nix the exact same as the DT ability of Stidham. I was fooled by the DT label once. I'm not going to be blindsided by that again. 

I have no problem being wrong about the DT abilities of Nix. I'm just not buying into his DT ability until I see it on the field vs an SEC defense. It's easy to look like a DT in high school, much less a 6A high school. But gaining 15/20 yards playing in 6A football is a LOT different from doing it vs SEC defenses. 

Like I said I have no problem being wrong about my view of the DT ability of Nix. I'm just not buying into the hype that people have about his DT ability just yet. 

I'm fully aware of how people viewed Stidham when he was signed. But that view had DRASTICALLY changed by the end of the 2018 season. No one in their right mind viewed Stidham as a run threat. But they (myself included) sure bought into the hype on Stidhams DT ability. 

I'm not doing that again. 

I'm Missouri...Show Me.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

"Moultry wasn’t very far off last year he just needed a year to acclimate. "

Explain this for me. TIA.

He had growing pains. Didn’t play well week one and he acknowled that he doesn’t want that to happen again. No saying he’s arrived yet, but he’s done very well throughout camp and  has 3 DL cohorts that are studs that will help him out. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He can't

Talking about insecurities.  

That’s a knee- slapper right there 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It wasn't ignored as soon as he signed. But it is certainly ignored now.

That's why I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of everyone being sold on the DT ability of Nix. Until proven otherwise I view the DT ability of Nix the exact same as the DT ability of Stidham. I was fooled by the DT label once. I'm not going to be blindsided by that again. 

I have no problem being wrong about the DT abilities of Nix. I'm just not buying into his DT ability until I see it on the field vs an SEC defense. It's easy to look like a DT in high school, much less a 6A high school. But gaining 15/20 yards playing in 6A football is a LOT different from doing it vs SEC defenses. 

Like I said I have no problem being wrong about my view of the DT ability of Nix. I'm just not buying into the hype that people have about his DT ability just yet. 

I'm fully aware of how people viewed Stidham when he was signed. But that view had DRASTICALLY changed by the end of the 2018 season. No one in their right mind viewed Stidham as a run threat. But they (myself included) sure bought into the hype on Stidhams DT ability. 

I'm not doing that again. 

I'm Missouri...Show Me.

True but like I said , I don’t care if he runs like NM or even CN for that matter. If he can play like Baker Mayfield. Heck if he can even show glimpses of athleticism like Chad Kelly then I will be extremely happy. I prefer those types more than anything. 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Here is the post

That post is still foolish to this day. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He had growing pains. Didn’t play well week one and he acknowled that he doesn’t want that to happen again. No saying he’s arrived yet, but he’s done very well throughout camp and  has 3 DL cohorts that are studs that will help him out. 

He had some growing pains. Sure. Not the reason he didn't preform to his / AU's expectations last year. His problems were not having to acclimate. He is good to go now. He was not in trouble either last year.

7 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

The DL definitely had some bad games last year (Moo St.), but at times is absolutely dominate.  Washington had a really good and experienced O-Line last year, watch this video and you can see how dominate the line can be.

To be fair UW had a lot of new parts to their OL when we played them. I am pretty sure they had at least one new starter and a guy or two starting at new positions. 

So it's not like they went up against the best OL in the country.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He had some growing pains. Sure. Not the reason he didn't preform to his / AU's expectations last year. His problems were not having to acclimate. He is good to go now. He was not in trouble either last year.

It was a challenge mentally is what I meant. He had to be more mature and confident. I thought physically his game was fine. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

True but like I said , I don’t care if he runs like NM or even CN for that matter. If he can play like Baker Mayfield. 

source.gif

Just now, aujeff11 said:

It was a challenge mentally is what I meant. He had to be more mature and confident. I thought physically his game was fine. 

"Challenge mentally"? Like how? Had to be more mature and confident? Yeah, that wasn't the problem. Thank God the kid is mature and confident.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

"Challenge mentally"? Like how? Had to be more mature and confident? Yeah, that wasn't the problem. Thank God the kid is mature and confident.

So what was the problem then? You seem to know something that we don't

21 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

The DL definitely had some bad games last year (Moo St.), but at times is absolutely dominate.  Washington had a really good and experienced O-Line last year, watch this video and you can see how dominate the line can be.

Even the bad games, particularly MSU, most of the long plays given up were the result of linebackers hitting the wrong gaps/ not keeping gap integrity.

Didnt like Steele’s adjustments either. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He struggled most of the year & was looked lost a good bit of times as well per nearly all accounts. He wasn't close at all during theseason last year. Hopefully he has turned a real corner this Fall.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hater’s gonna hate

RG said the exact same thing.

Just now, ellitor said:

He struggled most of the year & was looked lost a good bit of times as well per nearly all accounts. He wasn't close at all during theseason last year. Hopefully he has turned a real corner this Fall.

So Jeff is pretty much accurate in his assessment? It wasn't an issue of potential or physicality, but he couldn't put it all together mentally.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He struggled most of the year & was looked lost a good bit of times as well per nearly all accounts

Does your accounts include Aufamily?

Just now, DAG said:

So Jeff is pretty much accurate in his assessment? It wasn't an issue of potential or physicality, but he couldn't put it all together mentally.

I have no clue what the issue is. I'm not involved in that part of the argument. My point is if a kid looks lost on the field at various times then that kid is not close at that point in time.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Does your accounts include Aufamily?

You know full well before I became a mod I rarely read the football forum so obviously no. It came from people connected to the program, some of whom coach football themselves.

I don’t understand how saying our DL will be a strength (to which our DL is highly regarded and has plenty of  actual evidence) can be so polarizing. 

Aufamily gonna Aufamily 

Just now, ellitor said:

You know full well before I became a mod I rarely read the football forum so obviously no. It came from people connected to the program, some of whom coach football themselves.

Oh, so bigbird.

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You need more than 3 studs to be anywhere close to the best in the nation - they can't play 80 snaps apiece and stay healthy. I'm concerned about depth on the DL with Jibunor gone and Newkirk probably done. Still no news about Miller, and now apparently Moultry is slightly banged up.  If you poach Davidson and Coe to shore up DT inside, then you are going to have undersized freshmen in the DE rotation where we desperately need sacks. Not saying they will be bad at all... I'm just saying it's a reason not to be quite as bullish as some are. 

(Admittedly, it's really the OL that has me feeling pretty "meh" about preseason expectations, as that tends to impact the whole team. Hopefully they all prove me wrong)

Archived