Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

to be fair our offensive line is playing against one of the best if not the best defensive fronts. how do people evaluate that? if they look adequate against our defense they will probably look pretty decent against most other teams

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Bad memory or not, anyone quoting Tombstone is doing a good thing.

giphy.gif

there is a documentary on the making of tombstone and it is almost as good as the movie. i think i saw it on youtube or special features on the dvd.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Boom! Stoked to hear this!

word on the street is bird volunteered some of his time this summer to work with smoke and iggie.  lol

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks for the info but I am confused. You are hearing that Nix is going to start but those who you talk to feel differently. Let me ask this, which side has more weight to their title? Lol.

The Bo Nix part is probably him hearing the media & talking heads like we are hearing it. The people he actually talks to would have a better idea than the media.

28 minutes ago, shabby said:

to be fair our offensive line is playing against one of the best if not the best defensive fronts.

They aren't always going against the 1s on D unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

word on the street is bird volunteered some of his time this summer to work with smoke and iggie.  lol

Damn! That means they are just gonna flap their arms around & not get any picks. :(

I’d like to hear more about Gatewood running in scrimmage.  We’re they designed runs or him just taking off.  Listened to Marcelo’s podcast and his cohost described Nix as a Baker Mayfield like.  

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Damn! That means they are just gonna flap their arms around & not get any picks. :(

that is when we bring golf in with a heavy driver to correct things..............lol

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’d like to hear more about Gatewood running in scrimmage.  We’re they designed runs or him just taking off.

Not sure we are going to get that kind of detail.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is confusing because if you look for  info at another site it is often not clear if insider or premium content. but that said it seems miller whom i believe was moved to fullback had a sixty yard run. i am taking the chance reporting that because people talk about how slow he is but sixty yards? against a decent d/ i am not sure that qualifies as slow.

Just great. Now our defense sucks!😂

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Seriously, is Malik Miller a magician?

I've never seen a guy so slow & plodding who can rip off long runs like he has.

As Shug once described Randy Walls..."He's deceptively slow.."

Looks like Joey threw the first 2 passes and I don't see a left-hand throw. I can't tell who threw the last one. But if we are trying to throw the opponent off, I'm pretty sure it was Appleton. :Sing:

41 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Looks like Joey threw the first 2 passes and I don't see a left-hand throw. I can't tell who threw the last one. But if we are trying to throw the opponent off, I'm pretty sure it was Appleton. :Sing:

1st pass - Gatewood

2nd pass - Nix

3rd pass where you see Hill juking, pass by Nix

4th pass - Cord. It's a left-hander throwing the ball.

4 minutes ago, logan adams said:

1st pass - Gatewood

2nd pass - Nix

When I first ready this , I thought I had clicked on the “First offensive play” thread. 

*shivers*

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

When I first ready this , I thought I had clicked on the “First offensive play” thread. 

*shivers*

Haha!

As hopeful as I was that the first play of the game would be a deep pass, I'm not thinking so much now. I can imagine a simple bubble screen so that we can hopefully get the ball rolling and advance the ball. We will maybe see some deep threats on the 3rd drive or so.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

to be fair our offensive line is playing against one of the best if not the best defensive fronts. how do people evaluate that? if they look adequate against our defense they will probably look pretty decent against most other teams

How do you know we are one of the best if not the best defensive fronts?

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Because Gus has told us so.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We don't but that's the going public opinion around the nation & nothing from camp so far in terms of info from insiders has done anything to back off that belief. Especially with word of Truesdell & TD Moultry coming on.

14 minutes ago, logan adams said:

1st pass - Gatewood

2nd pass - Nix

Nope. First two were Gatewood.

BE924850-559A-47D3-BB4B-3C865642C30C.png

82994892-EF34-4A32-B1E0-71AB1CCFC94F.png

Just now, ellitor said:

We don't but that's the going public opinion around the nation & nothing from camp so far in terms of info from insiders has done anything to back off that belief. Especially with word of Truesdell & TD Moultry coming on.

Right. We don't, so to discount the o line performance doesn't make sense at all. (Not talking about you personally) Yet along one person being weak could effect the entire line on offense and defense so one can't even assume because of a few starters returning it can be so. We're replacing all of our linebackers....I remember another year everybody was saying how great we were going to be on the d line but we lacked a pass rush...

Lastly as you pointed out we don't even know who's playing who as the coaches has stated there's alot of mixing and matching going on

I can't wait to actual play start people throw the word best around like it's nothing....and look how quick people face palmed my question.....don't know anything but when somebody that actually know the game makes a point that what you get.....

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

start people throw the word best around like it's nothing

Don't think it's being thrown around like nothing. From a fans' perspective it's hard to ignore when literally every "expert" & college football media person in the nation is saying our DL is or should be one of the 3 best in the nation. That is going to put the expectation in most fans' minds that our DL will be or should be awesome. On the OL, asI pointed out earlier, their struggles before today have been real per reports & the 1st team OL has been going against back up DL as well as the 1s so there is legit concern there. Like you said, an individual can effect that greatly. I worry about Kim at C very much.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

and look how quick people face palmed my question.....don't know anything but when somebody that actually know the game makes a point that what you get.....

The facepalms likely are there because the tone of your post can be seen as coming across as being combative. Just food for thought.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think it's being thrown around like nothing. From a fans' perspective it's hard to ignore when literally every "expert" & college football media person in the nation is saying our DL is or should be one of the 3 best in the nation. That is going to put the expectation in most fans' minds that our DL will be or should be awesome. On the OL, asI pointed out earlier, their struggles before today have been real per reports & the 1st team OL has been going against back up DL as well as the 1s so there is legit concern there. Like you said, an individual can effect that greatly. I worry about Kim at C very much.

The facepalms likely are there because the tone of your post can be seen as coming across as being combative. Just food for thought.

E I like you and stuff but you're going to have to stop letting that excuse be made for anything I do. You come across more combative on your posts daily than the question.

I asked....how else could I have asked that question? And I'm asking that to invoke thought as I'm not going to hold hands to make a simple post.

And as far as the best stuff then the experts are stupid to be calling a defensive front one of, if not the best when it's replacing 4 positions.....that's common sense. 

But I've been here long enough on the football and basketball boards where we go crazy with being the best....you can look at Williams last year where from that season he was the best freshman wr....I could go on and on but I won't

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Seriously, is Malik Miller a magician?

I've never seen a guy so slow & plodding who can rip off long runs like he has.

I will say, if I see a MM throwback screen this year, when we could have a  a real take it to the house threat, I may lose it. Lol, this also means he’ll probably take it on one of those plays for 75 yards, in spite of me. Lol

Archived