Brandon Jacobs

DCTiger

A lesson for mr. jacobs to learn: "Words have meaning".

Good luck to him and Good Riddance!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whatever.

Brandon paid his dues.

It s not like he did drugs or beat up his girlfriend or raped anyone.

get off his back.

Sure he said some things to the paper.

wouldnt you if you were promised the starting job only to sit on the bench?

some of his comments were negative. i agree.

Since getting drafted he has, i believe, turned his outlook and view on things around.

i say good for him

so he didnt work out at auburn.

he is a gifted athlete and i wish him much success in the PROS.

he is taking ron daynes place as a short yardage back.

we will see if he is successful or not.

perhaps like stephen davis, it may take sitting behind someone for some years before he is established.

157440[/snapback]

Your arguements are terrible, you sound like you've known him for your entire life.

Shut ya trap :moon:

so in short, unless you know the guy, keep your trap shut. you are just guessing and assuming.

So, meeting him in your wife's business ($$$) and getting his autograph now qualifies one as "knowing him?"

You've got e helluva lot of nerve telling others to "keep their trap shut."

JMO, I don't know him nor do I wish him any bad luck, but his comments reflect a deliberate attempt to slime Auburn on his way out the door. Good riddance.

okay, i've been off here long enough. i said this when brandon made those comments, and i'll say it now: you can't make a comment which "borders on defamation of character" when THEY ARE TRUE! in auburn, whether you like it or not, whether you admit it or not, black students that are athletes are treated better than black students who are non-athletes. it is an absolute fact. all he said was, that isn't right. and you know what? he's 100% correct.

then the stuff about him getting playing time and the coaching staff not being forthright... to say he's a liar is complete speculation. why? because none of us know that tubby or coach gran or former OC hugh nall NEVER told him he'd get starters minutes, NEVER told him he'd be the man if he came to auburn. we just don't know. so if brandon, who has actually been pretty straight up in all of his interviews that i've ever read, says he was told he be a starter coming out of spring practice, i have to think he was told something in that vicinity. and if that's true, i can't really blame him for getting mad about that.

it was unfortunate timing that he just happened to come when we had two of the three best tailbacks in the history of Taiback U ahead of him. i think at the time he really thought he was better. i think he sees now that no one in the nation was better, but i bet he'd still like to compete with those guys b/c through all of this i've never once thought of brandon as a "big baby" as someone called him. he showed up knowing he had two mountains to climb to get on the field, and just like auburn stuck by him, brandon stuck by auburn. he came when he honestly, should've gone to lsu where he would've been the man over their kiddie corp that year.

i hope brandon does great in the nfl. i really hope he never "replaces ron dayne" b/c dayne sucks and i want brandon to be much more successful than that fattie. don't bash a guy b/c i don't like some comments he made about a social situation which really exists or b/c you don't like what he said about our coaching staff when you have no idea what really went down between them. good luck to brandon jacobs, he'll always be an auburn man to me.

okay, i've been off here long enough. i said this when brandon made those comments, and i'll say it now: you can't make a comment which "borders on defamation of character" when THEY ARE TRUE! in auburn, whether you like it or not, whether you admit it or not, black students that are athletes are treated better than black students who are non-athletes. it is an absolute fact. all he said was, that isn't right. and you know what? he's 100% correct.

then the stuff about him getting playing time and the coaching staff not being forthright... to say he's a liar is complete speculation. why? because none of us know that tubby or coach gran or former OC hugh nall NEVER told him he'd get starters minutes, NEVER told him he'd be the man if he came to auburn. we just don't know. so if brandon, who has actually been pretty straight up in all of his interviews that i've ever read, says he was told he be a starter coming out of spring practice, i have to think he was told something in that vicinity. and if that's true, i can't really blame him for getting mad about that.

it was unfortunate timing that he just happened to come when we had two of the three best tailbacks in the history of Taiback U ahead of him. i think at the time he really thought he was better. i think he sees now that no one in the nation was better, but i bet he'd still like to compete with those guys b/c through all of this i've never once thought of brandon as a "big baby" as someone called him. he showed up knowing he had two mountains to climb to get on the field, and just like auburn stuck by him, brandon stuck by auburn. he came when he honestly, should've gone to lsu where he would've been the man over their kiddie corp that year.

i hope brandon does great in the nfl. i really hope he never "replaces ron dayne" b/c dayne sucks and i want brandon to be much more successful than that fattie. don't bash a guy b/c i don't like some comments he made about a social situation which really exists or b/c you don't like what he said about our coaching staff when you have no idea what really went down between them. good luck to brandon jacobs, he'll always be an auburn man to me.

157483[/snapback]

Um....you're off your rocker. :no:

157483[/snapback]

Absolutely 100% disagree.

Either you never attended Auburn, or you attended a long time ago. Being an engineering grad, I had some classes in Ramsey Hall. They have an entire computer lab upstairs in that building just for minorities. There are PLENTY of benefits for minority students at Auburn, athlete or not and I'd suggest you look into it since you're so opinionated on the subject. Black student-athletes might get access to MORE benefits, but that doesn't mean they're treated better, whatever that means.

Let's try to stick to FACTS on such sticky topics, shall we?

I've got news for you...football stars are treated better regardless of their color. Regular, run of the mill white dudes don't get the treatment that people like Randy Campbell, Trey Gainous, Gregg Carr, Rob Pate, Jeff Burger, Stan White, Patrick Nix and so on got as AU football heroes. It's the spin on it being a black thing that's off, not the notion that star athletes are treated better than average students.

I don't think anyone said that we know for sure he wasn't told that. But common sense tells you that with two studs like Ronnie and Cadillac in the fold, that no coach at Auburn would be stupid enough to promise some kid who's never faced SEC competition that he had the starting job. Sorry, but if both sides are speculation, and I look at CTT's track record and the loyalty that so many of these AU kids have for him, if anyone's getting the benefit of the doubt, it ain't Brandon. What did he do to earn such leeway? My bet: he was told he'd get every opportunity to show his stuff and win the job. He didn't win the job.

157483[/snapback]

It was unfortunate timing. But then, that's what he should have said instead of making accusations about racism and lying. I don't begrudge him leaving for somewhere he could get on the field more. He was too talented to be third string. And I admire his confidence in at least trying, though in hindsight, he probably should have gone elsewhere. I doubt anyone would have blamed him one bit.

I hope he does well in the NFL too. I harbor no personal ill-will toward him. I'm glad he left Auburn though. I think he's all about Brandon. Team is an afterthought.

I hope he has a long, productive career. But he's no Auburn man in my book. An Auburn man would thank CTT for the opportunity and simply move on. Let your new school know you're excited about the new opportunity, show some class, and address any personal issues you have with a coach about what was or wasn't "promised" between you and him. If you can't prove your accusation, shut up.

157483[/snapback]

Um....you're off your rocker. :no:

157485[/snapback]

lol

Wow...some of these replies borderline on.....just plain ole dumb.

There are couple of intelligent replies....Shout out to Titan on that...You dont want to argue with Titan when he knows what hes talking about guys :no: He'll prove you wrong, in the most intelligent way, without trashtalking. That has to be the worst :lol:

I just cant believe I wasted my time reading a reply because a guy got his autograph, and talked to him for like what...five minutes?? And ruled that the fact that he basically made comments about auburn's character and auburn being racist is just not him anymore....ya, alright.

You know I have met some pretty stupid people for five minutes who actually gave me a different first impression...but I think thats because I talked to them just for like....five minutes.

For all of you people who just want to ramble on about how awesome Jacobs is and what not....read this:

We are not dogging his ability to play, and we are not wishing him to do bad. We are only stating that he left Auburn on VERY BAD TERMS...then changed his words later. Hes two sided, and basically all of us are just stating that we could care less what happens to this immature athlete.

By the way mcgufcm, I go to auburn...so I can disagree 500% as well. I have tons of friends who are of many races...and they do not get treated differently. Maybe you meant to say athletes get treated differently than regular students...that would've been fair ground...But bringing race into the picture is just flat out stupid.

Titan, you're making too much sense here. Stop it, please. I'm not used to it. You bring up a great point about settling your differences between men. All too often, we see athletes making their arguments through the media. If he had a problem with the coaches and what he claims they promised him, why do we need to know? What does that accomplish when you play it out in the media? Schedule a meeting face to face with CTT, Gran or whomever and hash it out with them in person.

I definitely was one of the LSU fans that was disappointed to not get Jacobs, but honestly during the 2003-04 season we had 4 running backs to play, and Jacobs would have come in at a solid 5th on the depth chart. That and academic issues are no doubt reasons why he chose Auburn over LSU.

That and academic issues are no doubt reasons why he chose Auburn over LSU.

157496[/snapback]

Exactly what academic issues would he have had that would have prevented him from going to LSU that wouldn't have prevented him from going to Auburn?

Exactly what academic issues would he have had that would have prevented him from going to LSU that wouldn't have prevented him from going to Auburn?

Titan.................

The ones that require you to connect the dots to get into LSU. He must have skipped over that test and went straight to the SAT...hehehe

:lsu: can't wait to kick your butts in "Tiger Stadium"

I definitely was one of the LSU fans that was disappointed to not get Jacobs, but honestly during the 2003-04 season we had 4 running backs to play, and Jacobs would have come in at a solid 5th on the depth chart. That and academic issues are no doubt reasons why he chose Auburn over LSU.

157496[/snapback]

Yeah because if he can not get playing time over 2 Auburn RB's...how can he possibly play in front of the 4 that were at LSU. I mean, it's not like Auburn had top 5 draft choices or anything... :no:

You continue to amaze me at how absolutely dumb your posts are...

157496[/snapback]

Yeah because if he can not get playing time over 2 Auburn RB's...how can he possibly play in front of the 4 that were at LSU. I mean, it's not like Auburn had top 5 draft choices or anything... :no:

You continue to amaze me at how absolutely dumb your posts are...

157564[/snapback]

Didnt you know that lsu is the runningback university of the SEC?? I mean hell, they had guys on there scout team better than Jacobs! :rolleyes:

I think the best quote is what titan pointed out " That and academic issues are no doubt reasons why he chose Auburn over LSU." Errr...i think most of the elgibility requirements are the same...except if your going to vandy or some "elite" academic school like that.

But where am I going talking like that! Lsu is one of the most prestigous schools to go to if you want to end up like a darn corndo...*cough*...good citizen!

That and academic issues are no doubt reasons why he chose Auburn over LSU.

157496[/snapback]

Exactly what academic issues would he htake a chance at putting him through jucoave had that would have prevented him from going to LSU that wouldn't have prevented him from going to Auburn?

157499[/snapback]

None per se. I was implying that our coaching staff did not want to put him through juco.

:roflol: @TitanTiger.

You either:

1. Take things WAY too personally and seriously

2. are extremely bored and have entirely too much time on your hands.

3. better check your beer, i think there is a tear in there.

:rolleyes:

lighten up ppl.

find a hobby or something other than being a "fan of college football"

:lol:

you are starting to sound like alabama fans who have nothing better to do than defend your mighty schools football team.

good lord.

let me just say to you critics

shut the hell up!

I just met him. about 2 hrs ago. He was with his PR person.

he is on his way to sign 4 000 tops rookie cards.

Got his autograph.

He walked in to my wifes business and opened an account.

I will not elaborate on the conversation, its none of your business.

He was a stand up guy, appreciative and humble.

so in short, unless you know the guy, keep your trap shut. you are just guessing and assuming.

leave the beatdown for the wannabes and media

157424[/snapback]

I know the guy-pretty well-and he is a complaining jackass

Perhaps these are good examples of some of the racism at Auburn:

157606[/snapback]

Good-bye.

157608[/snapback]

i guess that's what you do at auburn, silence other opinions and remove the truth.

Pride is one thing. To insinuate that there were racial issues at Auburn, which he did, was what got me angry and why I don't care what he does anymore. He's not an Auburn man.
When he left he accused certain "things" about Auburn of being racist..... He said nothing of playing time at all.

The proof speaks for itself.

img_fewgoodmen.jpg

Guest Tigrinum Major

TRA,

Those photos you posted were a small minority of the students at Auburn University. Their acts, while stupid and immature, among other things, do not represent Auburn University, even if they are members of a group associated with the school. While I personally disdain this type of action, I would go so far as to say that people who hold those views exist at every school in this country, including your beloved LSU.

You post these pictures and claim that they are the reason you hate Auburn. I have to call bs on that particular statement. If that were the case, you would hate all aspects of society, because racism exists everywhere, not just in those places that you choose to recognize it for your own justification.

Take your Toonces the Driving Cat and go back to Tiger Forums until you can contribute something that is at least original to the argument. Rehashing events from several years ago is lame and doesn't hold water. At least slam the players for wearing their championship rings or something a little more relavent to the issues at hand.

TRA,

Those photos you posted were a small minority of the students at Auburn University.  Their acts, while stupid and immature, among other things, do not represent Auburn University, even if they are members of a group associated with the school.  While I personally disdain this type of action, I would go so far as to say that people who hold those views exist at every school in this country, including your beloved LSU.

Would you say the minority is that small? Brandon Jacobs says otherwise. What if you take a sampling of black students (non-athletes)? Would they say the same thing?

We fly purple and gold Confederate flags here at LSU, but I'm not aware of any racist fraternity incidents such as this one. I did find this:

Louisiana State University----------------------1/4/01

"Former LSU student fined for racist e-mail, bomb threat"

"A judge fined a former LSU student $6,000 Wednesday for

sending racially offensive e-mail to a black classmate and

threatening to blow up her car."

"State District Judge Don Johnson also placed Spencer

T. Wong on probation and ordered him to seek counseling

and complete an African-American studies class."

"The money from the fines will got to area schools and the

Baton Rouge AIDS Society." (???)

http://www.theadvocate.com/news/story.asp?StoryID=18451

Race of perpetrator is not mentioned, but Wong is chinese

surname.

You post these pictures and claim that they are the reason you hate Auburn.  I have to call bs on that particular statement.  If that were the case, you would hate all aspects of society, because racism exists everywhere, not just in those places that you choose to recognize it for your own justification. 

It's only one of the reasons I hate Auburn. CTT, Damon Duval, cigars, the ridiculous "corndog" schtick, lambasting LSU on opponent forums, and being the only other good team in the SEC West are others.

Take your Toonces the Driving Cat and go back to Tiger Forums until you can contribute something that is at least original to the argument.  Rehashing events from several years ago is lame and doesn't hold water.  At least slam the players for wearing their championship rings or something a little more relavent to the issues at hand.

157623[/snapback]

Unfortunately that is one of two possible LSU avatars I can use here. I am not in the camp that supports that logo either and I think it is ridiculous to pay some New York design firm $60,000 to design a logo, especially for that pos.

The ring thread and discussion is over. This is about Brandon Jacobs. I wanted to remind you that there were highly publicized racist incidents involving fraternities that you choose to ignore in the interests of bashing a former player.

i guess that's what you do at auburn, silence other opinions and remove the truth.

157621[/snapback]

The pictures that you tried to post can be seen on tolerance.org. They've been posted here before many times and anyone can go to that site to see them. Your argument is weak and everyone sees that you merely posted them for smack and nothing more. Post them again, and they'll be removed again...I promise. :)

Take your garbage to the woodshed or crawl back to the bog from which you came...thanks! :big:

TRA,

Those photos you posted were a small minority of the students at Auburn University.  Their acts, while stupid and immature, among other things, do not represent Auburn University, even if they are members of a group associated with the school.  While I personally disdain this type of action, I would go so far as to say that people who hold those views exist at every school in this country, including your beloved LSU.

Would you say the minority is that small? Brandon Jacobs says otherwise. What if you take a sampling of black students (non-athletes)? Would they say the same thing?

We fly purple and gold Confederate flags here at LSU, but I'm not aware of any racist fraternity incidents such as this one. I did find this:

Louisiana State University----------------------1/4/01

"Former LSU student fined for racist e-mail, bomb threat"

"A judge fined a former LSU student $6,000 Wednesday for

sending racially offensive e-mail to a black classmate and

threatening to blow up her car."

"State District Judge Don Johnson also placed Spencer

T. Wong on probation and ordered him to seek counseling

and complete an African-American studies class."

"The money from the fines will got to area schools and the

Baton Rouge AIDS Society." (???)

http://www.theadvocate.com/news/story.asp?StoryID=18451

Race of perpetrator is not mentioned, but Wong is chinese

surname.

You post these pictures and claim that they are the reason you hate Auburn.  I have to call bs on that particular statement.  If that were the case, you would hate all aspects of society, because racism exists everywhere, not just in those places that you choose to recognize it for your own justification.  

It's only one of the reasons I hate Auburn. CTT, Damon Duval, cigars, the ridiculous "corndog" schtick, lambasting LSU on opponent forums, and being the only other good team in the SEC West are others.

Take your Toonces the Driving Cat and go back to Tiger Forums until you can contribute something that is at least original to the argument.  Rehashing events from several years ago is lame and doesn't hold water.  At least slam the players for wearing their championship rings or something a little more relavent to the issues at hand.

157623[/snapback]

Unfortunately that is one of two possible LSU avatars I can use here. I am not in the camp that supports that logo either and I think it is ridiculous to pay some New York design firm $60,000 to design a logo, especially for that pos.

The ring thread and discussion is over. This is about Brandon Jacobs. I wanted to remind you that there were highly publicized racist incidents involving fraternities that you choose to ignore in the interests of bashing a former player.

157628[/snapback]

Ya, um... :poke:

Glad you felt the need to click on this thread and reply. Ive wasted alot of minutes.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I did not contribute to the thread to continue the bashing Brandon Jacobs, mainly because I don't know the guy and have no idea about his experience at Auburn. The main comment he was attributed to say was that black athletes got treated differently than run of the mill black students. News flash: I was a run of the mill white student and I didn't get treated the same as athletes, white or black.

And, yes, I do believe that the idiots in that fraternity that dressed up in those offensive costumes are in the minority.

At least we got to the root of your hatred for Auburn: we are your biggest threat to SEC West domination.

As far as the Toonces comment, I had read it over at Tiger Forums and found it hilarious and I finally had a chance to use it.

While you and I will never agree, you do make some good points from time to time, which is more than can be said for some. You are ok, just a little warped and misguided, in my book.

:roflol: @TitanTiger.

You either:

1. Take things WAY too personally and seriously

2. are extremely bored and have entirely too much time on your hands.

3. better check your beer, i think there is a tear in there.

:rolleyes:

lighten up ppl.

find a hobby or something other than being a "fan of college football"

:lol:

you are starting to sound like alabama fans who have nothing better to do than defend your mighty schools football team.

good lord.

157607[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd say something like the above if my argument had been punked like a 75lb. weakling on the playground too. :moon:

Archived