Tulane Game Thread

abw0004

3 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

We don't stand a chance against Lsu or Alabama or Texas a@m. With this offense. I think the gatewood offense is our only hope. Mazlhahn has to have a runner for his plays to work. They couldn't stop gatewood and they new what he was going to do. Imagine if he threw it

Joey ran 2 or 3 designed keeps against a tired tulane D. Im so tired of the " Gus needs a running qb" talk. What he ran @ Tulsa & AU before and after '10/'13 is what his scheme is. People forget NM ran a simplified PB in '13. Nothing works when the interior line is getting whooped play after play.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Wait what? Who cares what it means to AU people. The kid threw two interceptions. Almost three that game. And now just because he throws an underthrown ball to Seth Williams who basically has to catch that ball with one hand, he’s now a legend? I don’t buy the hype. Not with what I’ve seen these two games. Kid is a freshman but folks need to stop acting like he’s a world beater. 

Not once have i claimed him to be a world beater or legend but to question who's the better fit this week or last sells what he did last week short. True freshman rallys and converts a 4th down to set up the winning throw. Yea that type of stuff means alot to AU people who remember watching his dad with their dad's. 

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Joey ran 2 or 3 designed keeps against a tired tulane D. Im so tired of the " Gus needs a running qb" talk. What he ran @ Tulsa & AU before and after '10/'13 is what his scheme is. People forget NM ran a simplified PB in '13. Nothing works when the interior line is getting whooped play after play.

Yep Nick had really good lines to play behind, this line.... not so much

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Our OL gives me heartburn

we're getting no push from the interior, I also don't think Bo helped himself this game either. There were quite a few plays where he could have kept the ball

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

we're getting no push from the interior, I also don't think Bo helped himself this game either. There were quite a few plays where he could have kept the ball

He didnt but neither did anyone on either side of the ball. Growing pains will happen the line of scrimmage is my biggest concern 

10 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Then he needs to find a QB to run it. Patriots cut all QBs except Brady and Stidham speaks volumes on actual coaching.

4 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Then he needs to find a QB to run it. Patriots cut all QBs except Brady and Stidham speaks volumes on actual coaching.

If the OL isnt moving defenses off the ball then nothing's going to work. Gus' deep PA works when the defense plays up & sells  out to stop the run. It's simple this offense hinges on OL play

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you think our OL is bad this year just wait till next year....... 

there is no way that it can be worse than this bunch...no way, unless they were recruited from the lingerie league

I was scared this would be a trap game for us. The OL and trouble blocking and our defense was the only bright spot in the early going. I wish Gus would STOP trying to go up the middle.

Archived