5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What I like about the CBs we are getting is we have picks from 2 of the top 5 pickers on 247 for this cycle. 2 Duke reporters in Andrew Slater, $1 to @GwillMac6 for putting on to us how good of a picker he is, & Chad Lykins. Both are at a near 94% clip & have picked many more than just Duke targets. Now if we get picks from Evan Daniels, Brian Snow, or Gershon I will start to feel really good about our chances with Jalen Green.

I realize this is highlight film but he is so smooth and it appears so effortless. Nice pull up jump shot he steps back to get separation then at 6'5: and with his jump nobody is going to be in his face when he shoots it. Plus if you play him tight he goes by you and great body control and ball control in the lane to avoid help and to avoid the charge the he finishes with a flourish. 

With his height, speed and athleticism he could be a lock down defender also if he put the effort into it. 

I know it won't happen as Okoro is going pro but think about having Okoro at 3 and  Green at 2 with Sharife at 1.  Oh well it is time to wake up but what a great dream. 

The combo of Coop and Green will be lots of fun to watch. We thought the combo of Harper and Brown was fun to watch.....just wait until these guys learn to play with each other!

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

just wait until these guys learn to play with each other!

They may already know how to. They've played together on Team USA & other various teams. Plus their paths have crossed so much I bet they've had many pick up games together.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well if Jalen is not concerned about sanctions getting that severe then what’s the point of even Keith addressing concerns Jalen has at all?

Has J Lee said anything about Jalen being concerned about potential sanction's being a issue? Because J Lee seems like he is more connected than KN when it comes to bball crutin. That was the first time anyone had said anything about it or even mentioned it when it came to JG and his recruitment that I can remember or I had seen.

My little birdie told me that if the NCAZI's try to make an example of us, that the lawyers are ready to take them on. I understand that AU is going to fight the hell out of anything major, as far as sanctions. NCAZI's don't like lawyers,thanks to the turds. They are all about "image" and the case would be tried in Alabama, if it happens. I think I am right about that

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

J Lee seems like he is more connected than KN when it comes to bball crutin.

He is but he hasn’t said anything about Jalen Green in a while. It’s been other connecteds on the bunker that have discussed Green and most seem at least cautiously optimistic Green Will choose AU.

9 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

My little birdie told me that if the NCAZI's try to make an example of us, that the lawyers are ready to take them on. I understand that AU is going to fight the hell out of anything major, as far as sanctions. NCAZI's don't like lawyers,thanks to the turds. They are all about "image" and the case would be tried in Alabama, if it happens. I think I am right about that

The birdie being Hooks. I saw his post.

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Probably because it's a question that's being asked with increased frequency as AU becomes a serious contender.

And because more schools on the list continue to receive a NOA, and knowing Auburn is always on that list means we are getting closer to getting ours, so the questions will pick up with time too.

One thing, in addition to our placing the 2 players involved on suspension for the year, did not the NCAA also add the 30% to Purifoy's? If so, then it seems,(if we attempt to think like the NCAA), that with no other violations being found, then no other major sanctions would be levied(NCAAT ban being the worst) as they gave us what they felt we deserved. 

If a NCAA tournament ban is one of the concerns for Green, then no other sanction, if levied(scholarship loss, recruiting restriction, probation) should impact Green's decision other than another school or the NBA being his decision. IMHO ofc.

Echoing Golf... this is the kind of kid (along with SC) that can alter the trajectory of a program. We are already headed to places we haven’t been in men’s basketball but start getting guys like this and it can be program altering. Duke wasn’t the Duke we know now until the ‘81 recruiting class came and changed the whole course of that program and made Coach K into Coach K. We are already in a better place than they were. Getting ahead of myself here but it’s exciting as hell to think about.

19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn this kid is good the kind that can take over a game when needed. One of the best highlight video I've ever seen

I don't know if he can fly like Mike, but this dude has some serious hops. This kid would be the most talented player to ever sign with AU, as best as I can remember, since John Mengelt, and that was a different era

25 minutes ago, fredst said:

Echoing Golf... this is the kind of kid (along with SC) that can alter the trajectory of a program. We are already headed to places we haven’t been in men’s basketball but start getting guys like this and it can be program altering. Duke wasn’t the Duke we know now until the ‘81 recruiting class came and changed the whole course of that program and made Coach K into Coach K. We are already in a better place than they were. Getting ahead of myself here but it’s exciting as hell to think about.

*Not going to bring up conversations about "who we've always been" in football. Not going to bring up conversations about "who we've always been" in football. Not going to bring up...*

Florida football and basketball, combined, before 1994: 167 combined years of history, 0 consensus national championships, 1 Sweet Sixteen appearance, no Elite Eight appearances

Florida football and basketball, combined, 1994 and after: 52 combined years of history, 5 consensus national championships, 10 Sweet Sixteen appearances, 9 Elite Eight appearances, 5 Final Four appearances

49 minutes ago, fredst said:

Duke wasn’t the Duke we know now until the ‘81 recruiting class came and changed the whole course of that program

Respectfully disagree. Duke made 4 final four appearances before the 1981 recruiting class and two championship game appearances. They didn’t get back to the final four till 1986 so I don’t think the 1981 Recruiting class had much of an impact on Duke’s history or trajectory.

ETA: I found an article where it talked about the 1982 recruiting class laying the groundwork for Future duke success.

41 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

you are wrong, not hooks this time. Someone close to an assistant coach and engaged to my granddaughter

Cool. I’m sorry for thinking you were trying to take Credit for Hook’s info.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Respectfully disagree. Duke made 4 final four appearances before the 1981 recruiting class and two championship game appearances. They didn’t get back to the final four till 1986 so I don’t think the 1981 Recruiting class had much of an impact on Duke’s history or trajectory.

What Mr Fred meant is that set class (it was actually the 82 class not 81) set the wheels in motion and jump started this whole run K and Duke have been on ever since. 

Yah for sure Duke was a good program before K but they were still very much in the shadow of North Carolina and def not close to being a blue blood. But slowly Duke has flipped the script on the state school and now they are the premiere program present day in college basketball and have turned themselves in to a blue blood, national and even global brand.

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What Mr Fred meant is that set class (it was actually the 82 class not 81) set the wheels in motion and jump started this whole run K and Duke have been on ever since. 

Yah for sure Duke was a good program before K but they were still very much in the shadow of North Carolina and def not close to being a blue blood. But slowly Duke has flipped the script on the state school and now they are the premiere programs present day in college basketball and have turned themselves in to a blue blood, national and even global brand.

With Bruce we can do it to. We have the right coach at the right time just built the Jungle which shows great on TV and the atmosphere at the Jungle always impresses the TV people and they all mention how much fun it would be to play with that type of fan support. The Jungle and Bruce were made for each other and he knows how to get the Jungle to fever pitch which impresses recruits when they come to Auburn.  

When they first showed the plans for the new Arena I was a little disappointed as I thought we should have had more capacity in the new Arena. I was 1000% wrong it has created one of the best basketball environments in college basketball.

Bruce + Environment + Talent = Great things in Auburn Basketball and only going to keep getting better and better.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah for sure Duke was a good program before K but they were still very much in the shadow of North Carolina and def not close to being a blue blood. But slowly Duke has flipped the script on the state school and now they are the premiere program present day in college basketball and have turned themselves in to a blue blood, national and even global brand.

You missed my ETA. LOL

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With Bruce we can do it to. We have the right coach at the right time just built the Jungle which shows great on TV and the atmosphere at the Jungle always impresses the TV people and they all mention how much fun it would be to play with that type of fan support. The Jungle and Bruce were made for each other and he knows how to get the Jungle to fever pitch which impresses recruits when they come to Auburn.  

When they first showed the plans for the new Arena I was a little disappointed as I thought we should have had more capacity in the new Arena. I was 1000% wrong it has created one of the best basketball environments in college basketball.

Bruce + Environment + Talent = Great things in Auburn Basketball and only going to keep getting better and better.

Some of the best stadiums in MLS are some of the smaller ones, because a packed house is better than a half empty house even if the half empty house has more people than the packed house. Dang, that was an awful sentence. Anyway, the absolute worst environments in MLS are where teams are playing in half-empty football stadiums.

Of course, the best environment is a full football stadium that is converted for full soccer field dimensions, such as what we have in Atlanta.

Yes, this entire response is an excuse to mention Atlanta United.

WAR DAMN BRUCE!

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Some of the best stadiums in MLS are some of the smaller ones, because a packed house is better than a half empty house even if the half empty house has more people than the packed house. Dang, that was an awful sentence. Anyway, the absolute worst environments in MLS are where teams are playing in half-empty football stadiums.

Of course, the best environment is a full football stadium that is converted for full soccer field dimensions, such as what we have in Atlanta.

Yes, this entire response is an excuse to mention Atlanta United.

WAR DAMN BRUCE!

Vamos!

reminds me of Tracy Rocker in HS.

I bet you guys never saw him play.

Ok, just kidding.  I never saw Rocker play in HS.  If he comes to Auburn,  that will be like winning the NC in recruiting.   We must capitalize going forward because it's not like we can say, he come play with Jalen.  That cat will be gone of course.   Never seen some of those dunks done by someone in HS, in a game.  As Golf said, he is just smooth.  His athleticism is unreal.       Bruce and staff are  amazing.

Archived