Basketball Countdown!

doverstutts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2019 at 6:15 AM, doverstutts said:

Its 25 days until TIPOFF!!!!!! I love watching how BP uses a rotation of SEVERAL players !!!!!!

We see what you're doing.....so not cute. Just stop.

1 hour ago, grt2bnautgr said:

Predicted to finish fourth. Already getting the motivation we need to repeat as SEC Champs.

Considering the players we lost who are now playing at next level this is probably a fair assessment it might even be giving us the benefit of the doubt.  I trust Bruce so I think we will at least match that but if you are an outsider looking in I can understand why they said 4th.   

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Considering the players we lost who are now playing at next level this is probably a fair assessment it might even be giving us the benefit of the doubt.  I trust Bruce so I think we will at least match that but if you are an outsider looking in I can understand why they said 4th.   

I agree. This is the Bruce Pearl effect. There are a lot of unknowns with this new team and they will have to grow up quickly. The early easy schedule will help but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled in the early SEC games. It's also possible that they falter down the stretch not able to keep up with the rigors of a college schedule yet, although the insane amount of games they play in AAU probably helps them keep their legs a little longer. I just worry about a young team running out of gas come tournament time. 

That said, I'm still hopeful this group can make the dance again. No expecting miracles, but hoping they do enough to slip in for a third straight appearance which would really set the tone for the future of AU basketball.

Was reading Pearl comments from SEC media days. He is priceless with a mic in front of him. My favorite comment was “no sec coaches feel sorry for Calipari having to rebuild every year”😬. He is just so entertaining and likable. Hard to believe we have him!!

time passes fast when you're old, but right now, thats a good thing !!!! Its 17 days until Tipoff, 13 until the exhibition !!!!! less than a week and a half to go....womp womp!!!!

21 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Is there any way we could get the exhibition game on video? It'd be nice if someone streamed it on twitch or mixer.

I am pretty certain that there will be an audio broadcast over the AU network on the internet. ....16 days until Tipoff and 12 until the exhibition.....yeaaaaaaaaaaa!

15 days until Tipoff!!!!! 11 until the exhibition !!!!!!  I watched the  Arkansas vs. UALR exhibition yesterday and started getting anxious for the season....Ark is really small but very quick and their ball movement is outstanding.... They have a much better coach now than they did with Mr Egotistical.....They have some guards that can shoot

28 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

The new locker rooms, lounge, and film room looks nice to me. I hope they release some photographs that show the entirety of the spaces better. I'd like to see more detail on the lockers too.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

13 Days until Tipoff and its down to single digits for the exhibition, 9 days now....This helps ease my mind from is probably going to happen on Saturday

Please stop referencing the other money making sport in this forum! This is our happy place!

Archived