Ronan Farrow's Catch and Kill

AUDub

Excerpts have been posted on the New Yorker. Simply incredible. 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-espionage/the-black-cube-chronicles-the-private-investigators

The Black Cube Chronicles: The Private Investigators

How two operatives tasked with surveilling reporters became embroiled in an international plot to suppress sexual-assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

Going to be refreshing my Kindle like crazy come midnight tonight. 

OK so I'm in Vidalia for work this weekend and brought the book with me to read in the hotel. Just finished, in fact. Couldn't put it down. 

Let me just say this is probably one of the most important books I have ever read. He earned that damned Pulitzer.

Oh, and d'aw. 

PVVq9M2.jpg

15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

So? 

Synopsis man! We demand a synopsis!

Rich people have too much ******* power and can do very scary things if you're perceived to be a threat to them, the media is - by and large - a g*d-damned mess of an old boy's club with its various winks and nods and general shadiness, NBCUniversal needs to be destroyed from the top down and Ronan Farrow is God's gift to journalism.

Better? lol

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Rich people have too much ******* power and can do very scary things if you're perceived to be a threat to them, the media is - by and large - a god-damned mess of an old boy's club with its various winks and nods and general shadiness, NBCUniversal needs to be destroyed from the top down and Ronan Farrow is God's gift to journalism.

Better? lol

Pretty much what i assumed. I used to work for the company that owned NBCU, I expected no less. 

Just a 1%ers & Media GOB Club that covers everyone's ass, where rules only are followed by us mere mortals?

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Pretty much what i assumed. I used to work for the company that owned NBCU, I expected no less. 

Just a 1%ers & Media GOB Club that covers everyone's ass, where rules only are followed by us mere mortals?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrxCvbR-Z4Z0nvRD6FA_j

Get a copy though, man. You'd think you're reading a Tom Clancy spy drama, but it's all real. Downright frightening. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrxCvbR-Z4Z0nvRD6FA_j

Get a copy though, man. You'd think you're reading a Tom Clancy spy drama, but it's all real. Downright frightening. 

Dont worry, i am. it sounds like much of what my friend with MSNBC says.

22 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Dont worry, i am. it sounds like much of what my friend with MSNBC says.

He speaks pretty highly of the rank and file there. One in particular is Maddow. During an appearance on her show in the aftermath of the Weinstein story dropping, he wanted to tiptoe around the issue of why he ended up at the New Yorker with a story he began researching at NBC, but on which they slammed the brakes, in order to keep the peace.

She didn't let him off the hook and got the answer she wanted from him, damn how it made her bosses look.

Maddow catches a lot of hell, not all of it entirely undeserved, but she's a principled journalist, at least. 

bSP7F9q.jpg

I wouldn't count him out just yet:

Harvey Weinstein’s night out looks a lot like the groundwork for a comeback

Weinstein’s been going out in public a lot lately.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/10/25/20932084/harvey-weinstein-comeback-actors-hour-downtime-bar

• 5 weeks later...

1st episode of the Catch and Kill podcast is up. Pretty good listen. Igor Ostrovskiy, the PI with a conscience that spilled the beans to Farrow, was the guest. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Impressive speed. I am envious.

No lie, I can rip through a novel at a pretty blinding pace if it grabs me and I have the time to spare. 

Rare lately. "Real" life tends to eat into that time lol. 

• 3 months later...

Archived