Emory Blake's tweets

dyehardfanAU

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Every new coach hire since Dye has.

We have the talent for any coach with a semblance of normalcy to be successful

This is a really really good point, Bird. Coaches have been relatively successful early in their Auburn careers. Definitely going to get me thinking. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

It could be...or less than that, even if whomever CGM is accountable to were to set down some nonnegotiables for the rest of the season...wonder what might happen? Yes, it would be "meddling". Principals "meddle" all the time in ineffective classrooms for the sake of the learners. That's called leadership. I wish someone had "meddled" before April 15, 1912...severe analogy, but if a mid-season harness will right the ship, couldn't it be worth the risk? It's time for an intervention! 

I would agree about the meddling. Your analogy is severe but well put. I think we may be past the point of meddling with CGM though. I mean what would those non-negotiables  be for this season? I don't know what one could do to him this year with the exception of let Dilly run the entire Offense without any meddling from you (GM). Then we have a 28 year old OC which..maybe that's the spark we need. IDK. I just want something to watch that doesn't look like what I have been watching. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would agree about the meddling. Your analogy is severe but well put. I think we may be past the point of meddling with CGM though. I mean what would those non-negotiables  be for this season? I don't know what one could do to him this year with the exception of let Dilly run the entire Offense without any meddling from you (GM). Then we have a 28 year old OC which..maybe that's the spark we need. IDK. I just want something to watch that doesn't look like what I have been watching. 

If he could/would do that Rhett could/would still be here.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Nothing will ever change as long as Malzahn continues to snow the Board of Trustees and other big wigs at Auburn to let him keep his job.

He's no longer snowing anyone. He's a dead man walking. It's a budget/timing deal. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I would agree about the meddling. Your analogy is severe but well put. I think we may be past the point of meddling with CGM though. I mean what would those non-negotiables  be for this season? I don't know what one could do to him this year with the exception of let Dilly run the entire Offense without any meddling from you (GM). Then we have a 28 year old OC which..maybe that's the spark we need. IDK. I just want something to watch that doesn't look like what I have been watching

Me too. You and I don't get paid the big bucks for figuring out what to do. Withholding what little we do have hurts the players and the program...but...one day, desperate-enough times will call for desperate measures. On the happy side, I am so GLAD that my world is seldom consumed with unfruitfulness. I'm surrounded with so many who help me grow and succeed. Same for you, too, I bet! Football is my hobby, not my responsibility. My little corner will perk along...

15 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Me too. You and I don't get paid the big bucks for figuring out what to do. Withholding what little we do have hurts the players and the program...but...one day, desperate-enough times will call for desperate measures. On the happy side, I am so GLAD that my world is seldom consumed with unfruitfulness. I'm surrounded with so many who help me grow and succeed. Same for you, too, I bet! Football is my hobby, not my responsibility. My little corner will perk along...

Very well put. Football is  after all just one of my hobby as well, but it is a passionate one. I often have to remind myself of that or it isn't fun anymore.  Sometimes I do get consumed in it. I used to say that Auburn losing was God's way of reminding me of this very fact. There are far more important things in my life to worry about. I am going to root for our boys the rest of the way and just enjoy the season however it goes.. I will enjoy seeing future NFL stars play for Auburn. I will enjoy watching the best D-lineman to possibly ever play for Auburn.  War Damn Eagle!.

23 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Oh, they’re just a bunch of Gus haters and clearly have an agenda.   Just want change for the sake of change.    They don’t know what goes on inside the program day in and day out.   “Who ya’ got” to take his place?

Good for starters?

I'm no stranger  to  sarcasm.........

23 hours ago, kevon67 said:

While having a suitable replacement is important for sure........Gus winning out couldn't change my mind about change at this point........beginning to believe Bo is Gus' new scapegoat.

IMO, Bo was Gus' scapegoat LAST year.  He used Bo as leverage to make claims that he needed to be the OC and he would train up Bo and "turn this thing around" again.  He likely used a veteran oline as more leverage, and top shelf WRs with Stove & Hastings returning to the pack for more experience to help out a young 5* QB navigate the treacherous waters of the SEC. 

Why does  everyone want to see Joey  Gatewood  play so bad?   Please  explain this to me.   Apparently NO ONE  on this forum is aware that  the same clwon that is coaching Nix is also  coaching Gatewood.  So Gus puts Gatewood in and Gatewood is also a complete  bust!?!?!  Then what?   GUS MALZAHN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COACH A QUARTERBACK.   GUS MALZAHN DEVOURS TALENT!  GUS MALZAHN STRAIGHT UP SUCKS AT QB DEVELOPMENT! 

1. Khiel Frazier aka Baby Cam- eventually transfered to a DIII

2. Nick Marshal- after a year in the system he has finally grasped the play book.  He has improved is throwing mechanics and timing.  After Miss State loss in 2014 Rhett lashlee states"I gues we will  have to go back to the read option and chunk yardage.  Nick showed zero improvement year 2

3. Jeremy Johnson aka The Next Cam- Could start for almost any SEC team.  Has an NFL arm.  We'll see him on Sundays.

4.   Sean White-Best of the bunch but too  small for  FBS/SEC football

5.  Tyler Queen eventually transfered to DII West Georgia and became a tight end

6. John Franklin III  aka  The Next Nick Marshal aka the next QB to transfer out from under Gus

7. Woody Barrett- Transfered to  JUCO  ends up at MAC powerhouse Kent State and I believe he lost the starting job this season.

8. Jarrett Stidham- Obvious decline in biity in secnd season.

9.  Malik Willis- Transfered to Liberty

10. Bo Nix- 43% completion average in big road  games

11. Joey Gatewood- while being recruited Gus told him he reminds him of Cam; please see numbers 1 and 3 above

GUS IS THE PROBLEM NOT BO NIX

22 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm not a rabid Gus hater, and I'm certainly not a Bo hater. I do think Gus is stubborn and that his offense has seen its day. And I also think Bo is just an ordinary joe QB thrown into the fire way before he was ready for big boy football.

Why he has been anointed as the next superstar is a mystery to me. He sure isn't in the same league as other true freshmen who have been starters in major programs -- Jalen, Tua, Trevor, etc. Actually, he has never been a particularly accurate passer or polished QB.

It's not because he's never had any real development -- he's had a lifetime of coaching from his QB daddy and gone to QB summer camps. But this is not just about Bo. The OL is not helping him, and Gus is certainly not helping the team by refusing to put JG on the field to change the dynamic.

It's not like Gus is blind to the problem. I think he is reluctant to play JG, because he's worried the team would lose confidence in Bo as the superstar QB.

"I think he is reluctant to play JG, because he's worried the team would lose confidence in Bo as the superstar QB."

I think that ship has already sailed...

It could be...or less than that, even if whomever CGM is accountable to were to set down some nonnegotiables for the rest of the season...wonder what might happen? Yes, it would be "meddling". Principals "meddle" all the time in ineffective classrooms for the sake of the learners. That's called leadership. I wish someone had "meddled" before April 15, 1912...severe analogy, but if a mid-season harness will right the ship, couldn't it be worth the risk? It's time for an intervention! 

These two posts beg the question "who does Gus work for"?  I know of no other business in the world, where there is confusion over who is in charge and who works for who.  Is Gus accountable to the AD?  Who gives Gus performance feedback?   Who sets his performance goals?  I cannot imagine an environment where you can be paid $7m and don't have weekly or every other week meetings with your boss on the performance of your business;  the prior week results and changes that need to be made and the expectation for the rest of the season (financial quarter in business).  Why is this different?   If this doesn't happen; I want in...what a great job this must be...rake in big bucks and not report to anyone, no goals, no accountability...wow, it's truly the ultimate gov't job.  

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

any coach with a semblance of normalcy 

It is a shame that this is part of the equation for our current deficiency at HC

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

We have the talent right now.

Indeed......really cant think of the last time Auburn had this many speedsters on offense......they're either run up the middle and or not used at all......how many plays in the red zone were run to the short side of the field vs using speed to attack the longside?

27 minutes ago, keesler said:

IMO, Bo was Gus' scapegoat LAST year.  He used Bo as leverage to make claims that he needed to be the OC and he would train up Bo and "turn this thing around" again.  He likely used a veteran oline as more leverage, and top shelf WRs with Stove & Hastings returning to the pack for more experience to help out a young 5* QB navigate the treacherous waters of the SEC. 

You are probably right, but if so where is his leverage now?

21 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Why does  everyone want to see Joey  Gatewood  play so bad?   Please  explain this to me.

Assume most people would prefer not wanting to see JG play. That would mean Bo is not struggling but obviously he is. Frustrating thing is that if the qb race was really as tight  as claimed then what is the harm in giving JG a meaningful opportunity?

56 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

You are probably right, but if so where is his leverage now?

He's always used recruiting as leverage, he's done it damn near every season, and he worked over time after that horrible 2015 season where he won his first bowl game in freaking Legion Field.  He can always leverage a recruiting class with the Admin and they bite every time.  He threatens the Admin that recruiting is suffering with all the talk of firing him, that's why he demanded job security back in '17 and got a guaranteed contract inked.

Allen Greene seems like a very smart man, I wonder how long it will take him to see through this facade? 

On 10/27/2019 at 11:05 AM, bigbird said:

At least Gus has unified the fan base, we had been split.

Classic! 

I haven’t read the entire thread, but realistically speaking, I don’t think the QB development situation gets addressed unless the head coach is replaced.  We’ve had 3 different OC’s and continue to have the same results in most of our big games.  I was a huge Gus fan at first, and I really don’t want to hit the reset, but I can no longer stomach watching the same mistakes being made time and again. At this point I don’t care who fixes the problems as long as they are fixed!

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Why does  everyone want to see Joey  Gatewood  play so bad?   Please  explain this to me.   Apparently NO ONE  on this forum is aware that  the same clwon that is coaching Nix is also  coaching Gatewood.  So Gus puts Gatewood in and Gatewood is also a complete  bust!?!?!  Then what?   GUS MALZAHN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COACH A QUARTERBACK.   GUS MALZAHN DEVOURS TALENT!  GUS MALZAHN STRAIGHT UP SUCKS AT QB DEVELOPMENT! 

1. Khiel Frazier aka Baby Cam- eventually transfered to a DIII

2. Nick Marshal- after a year in the system he has finally grasped the play book.  He has improved is throwing mechanics and timing.  After Miss State loss in 2014 Rhett lashlee states"I gues we will  have to go back to the read option and chunk yardage.  Nick showed zero improvement year 2

3. Jeremy Johnson aka The Next Cam- Could start for almost any SEC team.  Has an NFL arm.  We'll see him on Sundays.

4.   Sean White-Best of the bunch but too  small for  FBS/SEC football

5.  Tyler Queen eventually transfered to DII West Georgia and became a tight end

6. John Franklin III  aka  The Next Nick Marshal aka the next QB to transfer out from under Gus

7. Woody Barrett- Transfered to  JUCO  ends up at MAC powerhouse Kent State and I believe he lost the starting job this season.

8. Jarrett Stidham- Obvious decline in biity in secnd season.

9.  Malik Willis- Transfered to Liberty

10. Bo Nix- 43% completion average in big road  games

11. Joey Gatewood- while being recruited Gus told him he reminds him of Cam; please see numbers 1 and 3 above

GUS IS THE PROBLEM NOT BO NIX

No, we're very aware of the clown coaching these QBs. The issue is, you at least have to try the other kid when your #1 is failing miserably. We may have still lost the 2 games even with Gatewood,  but at least Gus would've have shown he tried everything to win the games. Instead, he continues to watch Bo struggle and continues to give him deep passing concepts with no outlets. He's either a moron or doesn't give a s***....or both.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, sevenlee36 said:

They really should not post crap like that. Give Dilly some time he’ll get it going, he hasn’t been OC and QB coach for long.

Bwahahahah!  Dilly is getting Gus coffee and trying his best to use his age to connect to the players in this whole debacle.  Dilly probably does the grocery shopping for the Malzahns lol.

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Why does  everyone want to see Joey  Gatewood  play so bad?

I only quoted this portion to give my reasoning.  The rest of the post was spot on.

It’s the same emotion we, as Auburn fans, have had when the anointed one (JJ) did not pan out.  The #2 has to be better than that.  It’s the same emotion as watching an injured SW play against UGA in 2016, some one, anyone could do better.  For me, it was the same when Stidham struggled in the UT game, why can’t we see what Malik Willis could do for a series or two?

Bottom line, we want to believe someone could do better than what we are witnessing even though they are being coached by a coach that doesn’t know how to teach.  This means the pure athleticism of the backup is what we want to see.

As long as we have Gus I doubt any talented QB will seriously consider wanting Gus to coach him up.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, kevon67 said:

Exactly and not bashing Bo but for Gus to leave a failing QB in the game is not only not good for Bo its not good for the team......It sends the message that one players confidence is> than team in my opinion.......there's no way in hell a change at QB couldn't have provided a spark, a renewed WR's confidence.

The part that looks REALLY bad to me is that Gus would rather put in a hurt Boobie to run the wildcat rather than Joey?!! I almost lost it. Then he goes on record to say that he never thought about putting Joey in to even try to see if he could possibly spark the offense. Didn't he just say after the Florida game that Joey should've been used more after it was clear Bo was struggling and it wasn't getting better? The LSU game was playing out the same way but yet Joey was never an option. Geesh. And from what i've seen many are not saying pull Bo completely but my goodness there's no faith in Joey to come in for a couple series to see if he can spark the offense? The same QB that at one point and time was our #1 QB. 

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

"I think he is reluctant to play JG, because he's worried the team would lose confidence in Bo as the superstar QB."

I think that ship has already sailed...

If @AURex’s conjecture is correct, Gus should be fired immediately.  Gus is here to win games and part of that is to put Auburn in a position to win in the moment.  If he is worried about what his starter is thinking about his position going forward, he may have the wrong starter.  The player will either take the opportunity to self evaluate (and improve) or be disgruntled and sulk.  It’s up to the player.

Archived