Feelings on Gus

Tiger

50 minutes ago, keesler said:

Is Auburn about to go two yrs in a row with no 1,000 yrd rusher?

That has to be the first time in a looong while that that's happened back to back yrs.

I'd rather have three 650+ backs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I feel like you do too but at this point short of blowout losses to both I think Gus keeps his job.  So, in that case I say lets go ahead and win the games and enjoy a year of bragging rights before being letdown again next year. 

Yeah that's kinda where I'm at with all of this. Just win the games. 

My feelings on Gus: :slapfh: >:((And I said this in another thread about an hour ago, in fact it's the 7 year old "It's Gus" thread).

Gus is a serviceable HC who underperforms offensively. Play-calling and managing the O personal has not been his forte.

22 hours ago, DAG said:

How about that 2014 Texas A&M Game? How many of us felt good about that one ?

We were undefeated, ranked at 3, still feeling bulletproof with Marshall. A&M switched to Kyle Allen that week a true freshman that had almost no snaps. It was a home game, and we were licking our chops.

Then it all began.

Gus’s offenses have struggled for different reasons since 2014.  2015 it was the Qbs, 2016 somewhat QBs but more injuries, 2017 Oline early then injury late, 2018 Oline and RB talent, 2019 Oline and Qb.  Running back talent is about to be as good as it’s been in awhile.  WRs and TEs are loaded and bringing in top level talent, QB is set as long as Bo is here.  The biggest development is Oline recruitment.  From everything I’ve heard and read Gus is allowing Dilly and Grimey to bring in who they want.  If Gus can stick around another season or two he might actually have the ability to run that power run play action offense again.  Hopefully Steele doesn’t retire anytime soon as well.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:13 PM, fasttimes said:

i have asked this before, but would any of our offensive coaching staff be hired at any other D1 schools? aside from gus, and maybe our oline coach, i wonder.

No one would break their neck to get any of our offensive staff. Gus will get a HC gig at Tulsa or Arky.

Archived