Great moments in Democratic Party History

DKW 86

No Al just making the point that without the Republican Party, none of the better legislation in the 1960s would ever have passed.

Condi Rice tells everyone why she is s Republican, "Because they were in Bham in the 1960s signing my mother and father up to vote."

Although opposed by politicians from the Deep South, the Voting Rights Act was passed by large majorities in the House of Representatives (333 to 48) and the Senate (77 to 19). The legislation empowered the national government to register those whom the states refused to put on the voting list.

Link

159199[/snapback]

You seem really hellbent to blame the racial attrocities of the south on a political party instead of on the geographical mindset that existed.

159202[/snapback]

Right. Condi was impressed by some Rockefeller Republicans. Now she has the Republican party that tries to depress minority turnout.

159207[/snapback]

For someone who claims to want to engage in civil discourse, you are one of the first to engage in partisan sniping and hyperbole and to use complete inaccuracies as fact. To say "Right. Condi was impressed by some Rockefeller Republicans. Now she has the Republican party that tries to depress minority turnout", is absolutely ludicrous. Next I suppose you will claim the many incidences of Democrat voter fraud were in reality a vast right wing conspiracy and hallucination.

Did you get that propaganda gem from moveon.org or straight from the DNC? That did sound a little like your new leader Howard the Screamer.

I'm surprised that any self respecting Southerner would ever consider voting Republican. Which party burned Atlanta, huh? Go on, answer my question, WHICH ONE? You want to vote for a party that broke the back of Dixie? Mark my words, one of these days, southerners are gonna wise up and realize that the Republicans don't have their interests at heart but just want to keep 'em subservient to the North for ever....

What a sad little piggy.

p.s. My "Greatest moment" in liberal history is that moron dean screaming "Yiiiiieeeeeeee" during the '04 election.

Signed, sealed, and delivered!! :D

No Al just making the point that without the Republican Party, none of the better legislation in the 1960s would ever have passed.

Condi Rice tells everyone why she is s Republican, "Because they were in Bham in the 1960s signing my mother and father up to vote."

Although opposed by politicians from the Deep South, the Voting Rights Act was passed by large majorities in the House of Representatives (333 to 48) and the Senate (77 to 19). The legislation empowered the national government to register those whom the states refused to put on the voting list.

Link

159199[/snapback]

You seem really hellbent to blame the racial attrocities of the south on a political party instead of on the geographical mindset that existed.

159202[/snapback]

Right. Condi was impressed by some Rockefeller Republicans. Now she has the Republican party that tries to depress minority turnout.

159207[/snapback]

:rolleyes: They didnt suppress her mnority turnout. The Dems do a great job of suppressing viable minority candidate turnout when deciding who will represent them at the Polls.

Don't you just love the way the libbies CANNOT deal with the pure facts? They try and spin them or distort them or completely ignore them to try and convince the uninformed voter and bring them in line with their failed policies.

Archived