Montgomery Mayor's Stupid Decision

Grumps

2 hours ago, creed said:

Kudos. Everyone wants to question every decision. Even if it has good merits because someone is for instance going to have to stand in a line or a little rain....bunch of pansies or snowflakes. Weakness is ruining our country. 

Not really my point. Snowflake, boomers, and all the other derogatory names for people because of their political persuasions just adds fuel to this fire. We are done in this country ever getting together on major issues. No matter what side of the aisle the ideas come from, all people care about in politics is what side won. It’s sad and disgusting. 

12 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Not really my point. Snowflake, boomers, and all the other derogatory names for people because of their political persuasions just adds fuel to this fire. We are done in this country ever getting together on major issues. No matter what side of the aisle the ideas come from, all people care about in politics is what side won. It’s sad and disgusting. 

The names i used were not for political purposes but represent weakness.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2020/04/03/alabama-attorney-general-says-montgomery-cant-enforce-coronavirus-crowd-limits-steve-marshall/2943550001/

Apparently the attorney general said that the Montgomery police did not have the authority to enforce the limit of 10 people per store. He said that the mayor misinterpreted the announcement of the governor. Though I said it poorly, THAT was the sole purpose of my post.

I am ALL for strict rules to keep people safe. My wife and I have been sheltering in place before it was required. But the purpose of these rules is to keep people safe. It is FAR less safe for ALL OF US to have 10 people in a huge grocery store or SuperWalmart and a bunch of people standing outside than it is to have far more people inside practicing physical distancing and few to no people waiting outside.

As far as seeing good things throughout this ordeal. I have seen many things that are uplifting. The awareness of other people's space while shopping has been obvious. People seem to be friendlier. Teachers are reaching out to their students in creative ways. Others are sending N95 masks to NYC. A guy in Montgomery goes to his wife's window in her nursing home and sings to her from outside since he is not allowed to go inside. Physician's offices are working together to learn to do telehealth in days to care for their patients. Neighbors are standing at the ends of their driveways at set times to pray for each other and for the country and the world. Grandparents are visiting with their grandkids via Zoom and other modes of communication. The list is endless.

I apologize to have started another negative thread. The error here in Montgomery has been fixed and we are safer for it. I am grateful for that and for each of you!

17 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'll be over, socially distanced of course, in 10!

Should of been here. We even jumped in the pool. A bit nippy I might add, but a good time with small group of friends/family.

17 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You can still play golf here, but it depends on the county.  No sharing of carts, tee times booked online, etc.

Same here. I called earlier and got a tee time.

Because of the Montgomery rules, Elmore and Autauga County are seeing  an influx of people from Montgomery shopping at their stores.

Archived