What did China's Xi Jinping know, and when did he know it?

AUFAN78

As the global public health crisis continues, it is useful to reflect that its cause is the actions and policies of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Their conduct has been reprehensible. They have suppressed whistleblowers and information, destroyed lab samples and prevented the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) from gaining access when it might have blunted a global outbreak.   

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/490258-what-did-chinas-xi-jinping-know-and-when-did-he-know-it?

You know that you can only ask these type of questions to Trump.  He, after all, is the one that started the Covid-19.

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know that you can only ask these type of questions to Trump.  He, after all, is the one that started the Covid-19.

Huh?  Literally no one on this board has asserted such absurdity.

Donald Trump's New Coronavirus Strategy: Blame China?

Using the coronavirus as a stick for beating China would not be good foreign policy. Most importantly, antagonizing Beijing would hamper international efforts to deal with the virus.

"..........It is already the case that Trump has sought to deflect criticism onto others, with the Obama administration and the Federal Reserve being among the first to incur the President’s wrath. But it would be a departure from past practice if Trump did not assign a large portion of the blame to foreigners – with China the most likely target in the current circumstances.

Using the coronavirus as a stick for beating China would not be good foreign policy. Most importantly, antagonizing Beijing would hamper international efforts to deal with the virus. Worsened relations in this area would also reduce the likelihood of a comprehensive settlement of the US-China trade dispute. In the long term, a spiraling dispute over the coronavirus might also push Beijing to develop its own international architecture for dealing with global health issues.

Trump, however, can be relied upon to prize his own political survival over any regard for long-term U.S. interests. This is the lesson of his trade war, after all. And with China already playing its own version of the blame game, it is only a matter of time before Trump returns fire. The alternative would be for Trump to accept responsibility for what takes place inside America’s borders. It is difficult to imagine such a thing from this president.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/donald-trumps-new-coronavirus-strategy-blame-china-130892

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Huh?  Literally no one on this board has asserted such absurdity.

I didn’t think the yellow sarcasm font was needed with the statement.  I guess I was wrong.

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t think the yellow sarcasm font was needed with the statement.  I guess I was wrong.

In your case - as with a few other MAGAs on this site - it would be a very good idea to use it. 

Archived