Please say it ain't so.

homersapien

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Your blatant omission of the context of what was said.

WTF are you talking about?    Who's context?

Trump was clearly talking about using UV light as a treatment.

I am totally confused about your point.  What is it?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, alexava said:

Why is he not doing his own bidding? You are trying to make sense of what he said for free. He has lied ( leaving you hanging) , ran and hid. 

All because you can't comprehend context. His mistake was he said disinfectant and not UV disinfectant. Way to nail him on that and attach bleach to it. LMAO

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

WTF are you talking about?    Who's context?

Trump was clearly talking about using UV light as a treatment.

I am totally confused about your point.  What is it?

SO was Bryan!!! WTF? 

So you understand context of what Trump was talking about just omit to try to weasel your way around. 

You just proved to me it was the same context of injection. 

Both were talking about injecting UV light. LOL

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Ok, then explain to me how each one was used. Tell me Bryan's context and Trump's context. 

Obviously Bryan was using it like the example I provided.

He said:

"And if you look at the — as the temperature increases, as the humidity increases, with no sun involved, you can see how drastically the half-life goes down on that virus.  So the virus is dying at a much more rapid pace, just from exposure to higher temperatures and just from exposure to humidity.

If you look at the fourth line, you inject add the variable or effect of summer — the sunlight into that.  You inject add the effect of of UV rays into that."

(The red highlights show what he meant by the word "inject", only said differently)

He was obviously using the word "inject" in the sense of adding another variable to the "equation".  What else could he have meant?

Trump, on the other hand, was clearly talking about using disinfectants - including UV light - as therapies to be introduced (injected) into the body.

This discussion is getting weirder and weirder. :no:

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Obviously Bryan was using it like the example I provided.

He said:

"And if you look at the — as the temperature increases, as the humidity increases, with no sun involved, you can see how drastically the half-life goes down on that virus.  So the virus is dying at a much more rapid pace, just from exposure to higher temperatures and just from exposure to humidity.

If you look at the fourth line, you inject add the variable or effect of summer — the sunlight into that.  You inject add the effect of of UV rays into that."

He was obviously using the word "inject" in the sense of adding another variable to the "equation".  What else could he have mean?

Trump, on the other hand, was clearly talking about using disinfectants - including UV light - as therapies to be introduced (injected) into the body.

This discussion is getting weirder and weirder.

Here fixed it for you. Inject or no inject he's talking about UV light. 

SO was Bryan!!! WTF? 

So you understand context of what Trump was talking about just omit to try to weasel your way around. 

You just proved to me it was the same context of injection. 

Both were talking about injecting UV light. LOL

No they were not.  Obviously.

Again, How could Bryant have meant inject in the sense of introducing it into the body???.

Was he talking about sunshine or humidity or temperature that way? 

Was he suggesting all of the conditions he was referring to as affecting the virus half life as being injected into the body

How does one "inject summer" into the body?????

Your contention that he and trump were talking about the same thing is absurd.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:42 AM, wdefromtx said:

Because he just likes to hear himself talk. But he could have explained it better. It was still obvious what he was trying to say though. 

last time. after he said it people injesting bleach and other disinfectants and i would bet my house it was all maga;s because libs have been on to his con game for a long time now. you are even trying to make a point about disinfectants and bleach. what is the first thing most people think when they hear the word disinfectant? bleach. in fact it was on alex's show for 250 once. you have yet to state many of trumps words are harmful. and they were this time twice as many folks ingested bleach or disinfectant. twice. big fookinn deal if there are several different kinds of disinfectant. you understand down south folks use the term COKE to go drink a soda right? it might be a pepsi or mt dew but people do not say lets go get a pepsi they say lets go get a coke. and people go get the soda of their choice. so basically it is two ways of saying the same thing.  most folks think bleach when they hear disinfectant. it is just that simple and people are laughing at you for picking this battle to take up for trump. so lets recap. he says disinfectant. in slang terms that means bleach to a whole bunch of people. AND he got a whole bunch of folks sick with him running his mouth. believe what you want but the fact remains he is a laughingstock pretty much world wide and not just us libs here in america.

Here fixed it for you. Inject or no inject he's talking about UV light. 

Totally irrelevant to the discussion.

(If anything, proposing UV light be injected into the body is even more nonsensical that injecting disinfectants.)

You are seriously confused about what Bryan was talking about vs. what Trump was talking about.

In fact, you are apparently making the exact same mistake Trump did by conflating disinfectant strategies (on inanimate surfaces) with in vivo therapies.   That's exactly what the uproar is all about

It has nothing to do with whether or not Trump said bleach or whatever....... 

Trump was suggesting that disinfectant methods should be studied for therapeutic value, in vivo.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, wdefromtx said:

Yeah I don't know why he went with the sarcasm route. That made even less sense than his original comment. What I do know is all this BS is over a bunch of minced words. Regardless I think the media made a crap storm out of something stupid and they should be worried about bigger fish to fry.

that is his supporters goto when he says some ugly or stupid. he was just joking or he was kidding. the spin around him with the retarded guy around here was sickening. and i guarantee you if you go through past threads you will find some of the same people agreeing with you because the mean ol libs are being mean paved that road a long time ago. and i remember most of you that spewed the "he was joking crap" when he was not.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

last time. after he said it people injesting bleach and other disinfectants and i would bet my house it was all maga;s because libs have been on to his con game for a long time now. you are even trying to make a point about disinfectants and bleach. what is the first thing most people think when they hear the word disinfectant? bleach. in fact it was on alex's show for 250 once. you have yet to state many of trumps words are harmful. and they were this time twice as many folks ingested bleach or disinfectant. twice. big fookinn deal if there are several different kinds of disinfectant. you understand down south folks use the term COKE to go drink a soda right? it might be a pepsi or mt dew but people do not say lets go get a pepsi they say lets go get a coke. and people go get the soda of their choice. so basically it is two ways of saying the same thing.  most folks think bleach when they hear disinfectant. it is just that simple and people are laughing at you for picking this battle to take up for trump. so lets recap. he says disinfectant. in slang terms that means bleach to a whole bunch of people. AND he got a whole bunch of folks sick with him running his mouth. believe what you want but the fact remains he is a laughingstock pretty much world wide and not just us libs here in america.

Dumbasses that think he is talking about bleach got themselves sick. If you want to blame trump blame the media for pushing that information as well......The media and YOU sure wish he actually said bleach. 

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Dumbasses that think he is talking about bleach got themselves sick. If you want to blame trump blame the media for pushing that information as well......The media and YOU sure wish he actually said bleach. 

The uproar has nothing to do with whether or not Trump said bleach or whatever. (He certainly said "disinfectant")

The basis of the uproar is that Trump was suggesting that disinfectant methods should be studied for therapeutic value, in vivo:

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning."

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

lets go back through this thread. i am pretty sure my friend 78 stated in this thread folks taking bleach was fake news unless i read it wrong. i just explained to you how southern folks think of bleach and coke. AND southern folks in tennessee were some that actually did this. also it is sad that cleaning companies that make clorox had to come out and tell folks not to drink or shoot bleach into their bodies. that is fact. the man opened his mouth trying to be a know it all and got people sick. some might have died but i admit i have not heard this. if people use slang in their day to day convo's then i am right. you are trying to split hairs.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The uproar has nothing to do with whether or not Trump said bleach or whatever. (He certainly said "disinfectant")

The basis of the uproar is that Trump was suggesting that disinfectant methods should be studied for therapeutic value, in vivo:

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning."

I guess you should say the uproar from the people that don't like him. What I am talking about is when media outlets started mentioning bleach in their stories when he never said it. You keep trying to go off topic from that fact. 

Trump, for the Life of Him, “Can’t Imagine Why” There’s a Spike in Disinfectant Use

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/04/trump-no-responsibility-cant-imagine-why-state-spike-disinfectant-use.html?via=taps_top

..........But surprising no one, Trump couldn’t stay away. After canceling Monday’s pandemic briefing, the president changed his mind and was asked about governors’ reporting a spike in misuse of disinfectant to combat the coronavirus since Trump hypothesized about the use of disinfectant to combat the coronavirus. “I can’t imagine why,” the president interrupted. “I can’t imagine that.” The reporter went on to ask if Trump took responsibility for sowing confusion that has led to the rise in calls to state poison control centers. “No, I don’t,” Trump responded.......

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

i would be shocked if he actually agreed with what you said homie. wait i said shocked. i must have meant electrocuted.

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I guess you should say the uproar from the people that don't like him. What I am talking about is when media outlets started mentioning bleach in their stories when he never said it. You keep trying to go off topic from that fact. 

That "fact" is totally irrelevant.  It's a red herring.

The basis of the uproar is that Trump was suggesting that disinfectant methods should be studied for therapeutic value, in vivo.

(Are you ready to concede yet that Bryan was using the word "injection" in a different context than Trump?)

Just now, aubiefifty said:

lets go back through this thread. i am pretty sure my friend 78 stated in this thread folks taking bleach was fake news unless i read it wrong. i just explained to you how southern folks think of bleach and coke. AND southern folks in tennessee were some that actually did this. also it is sad that cleaning companies that make clorox had to come out and tell folks not to drink or shoot bleach into their bodies. that is fact. the man opened his mouth trying to be a know it all and got people sick. some might have died but i admit i have not heard this. if people use slang in their day to day convo's then i am right. you are trying to split hairs.

My point from the beginning is that media outlets themselves were "injecting bleach" pun intended (saying bleaches and chemicals) into their stories insinuating he meant that. If they would have just left that part out since he didn't say it. If a reader or viewer comes up with bleach from what the president said ok......but if a media outlet adds that information then they exacerbate the problem.  

21 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

make no mistake i despise trump. do you agree in slang terms bleach and disinfectant mean the same thing? yes or no.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i would be shocked if he actually agreed with what you said homie. wait i said shocked. i must have meant electrocuted.

That's good. ;)

come on tex just give me a yes or no..............i made it real simple for you.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

make no mistake i despise trump. do you agree in slang terms bleach and disinfectant mean the same thing? yes or no.

One could assume that, but I generally think of bleach in terms of being a chemical not only as a disinfectant. I also work in a field where UV is a disinfectant of various things such as water. So it is obvious to me what he meant by disinfectant when you look at what he said in full context. Don't get me wrong, he looked like a fool. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Orange man would be well-advised to stay out of the UV rays. ;)

He does stay out of the UV rays, that’s why he is orange.  I couldn’t pass that up.

55 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

All because you can't comprehend context. His mistake was he said disinfectant and not UV disinfectant. Way to nail him on that and attach bleach to it. LMAO

Says the guy who thought Bryan was talking about injecting sunshine, humidity, heat and UV light into the body.  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

One could assume that, but I generally think of bleach in terms of being a chemical. I also work in a field where UV is a disinfectant of various things such as water. So it is obvious to me what he meant by disinfectant when you look at what he said in full context. Don't get me wrong, he looked like a fool. 

i just asked for a simple yes or no. you say the same thing over and over and there is no need. when you say assume do you mean yes? or do you mean maybe?

if you give me a yes i will applaud your honesty. the words had the same intention using differing vocabulary styles. and homes grumps attacked you in a different thrad you dram queen.........lol

Archived