Video/Computer/Mobile games

I thought we could have a thread to discuss games.  Partly because I am currently obsessed with a simple mobile game, MLB Homerun Derby 2020. Very easy controls, but just beautiful visuals with the parks. Everything you see in the stadiums are solid to the real levels.  For example, hitting the ball out of Wrigley into the building roof across the street actually bounces off the roof instead of disappearing. Also plenty of unlockables.  The simplicity and beauty of the game just makes for a peaceful pastime. A few screen shots. I've only unlocked the Toronto home Jersey at the moment and Toronto Donaldson. You start with the all star Jersey of the year they were in the Derby. 

Screenshot_20200704-091114_MLB Derby.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-091151_MLB Derby.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-091415_MLB Derby.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-091549_MLB Derby.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-091612_MLB Derby.jpg

I’ve been playing Animal Crossing New Horizon lately. Just a game I can pick up and put down and chill on the couch with. 

Considering picking up the Last of Us 2, but the reviews are all over the place. 

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up Ghost of Tsushima today. It’s a lot of fun, difficulty curve is forgiving—tons of techniques and abilities to unlock. It’s as if Far Cry and Assassin’s Creed had a baby set in feudal Japan with a story line as engrossing as Red Dead. 

There are several AU clans including one from TOS in Clash of Clans. You need not be active or a member on TOS to join. 

So I work in the gaming field and play a decent amount as you can imagine.

Played Last of Us 2 recently. Extremely uncomfortable to play, but also a hell of a game.  

Working my way through a season of MLB The Show right now and will fire up Ghosts of Tsushima soon.  Also got a copy of Destroy All Humans remake for my wife (her favorite game growing up).

If you want a fun, somewhat mindless game, pick up Maneater.  Swim around as a great white and wreck stuff.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Considering picking up the Last of Us 2, but the reviews are all over the place. 

If you played the first, pick it up.  It's a great game.  I think some people got so attached to characters that they weren't ready for certain things, but I loved the way they mapped out the story.  Leaves a lot of options for a third installment.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:35 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Picked up Ghost of Tsushima today. It’s a lot of fun, difficulty curve is forgiving—tons of techniques and abilities to unlock. It’s as if Far Cry and Assassin’s Creed had a baby set in feudal Japan with a story line as engrossing as Red Dead. 

Spent 600 hrs on AC Odyssey 😂.........Ghost getting good reviews👍

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you played the first, pick it up.  It's a great game.  I think some people got so attached to characters that they weren't ready for certain things, but I loved the way they mapped out the story.  Leaves a lot of options for a third installment.

Only way I can become attached to a story is to become attached to the character.........with that said spent 600 hrs grinding AC Odyssey and never really become attached to Alexios.......been wanting to play last of us and since I consider you gamer royalty I shall soon try😁

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Will do after I finish Ghost. I loved the first one. 

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I work in the gaming field and play a decent amount as you can imagine.

Played Last of Us 2 recently. Extremely uncomfortable to play, but also a hell of a game.  

Working my way through a season of MLB The Show right now and will fire up Ghosts of Tsushima soon.  Also got a copy of Destroy All Humans remake for my wife (her favorite game growing up).

If you want a fun, somewhat mindless game, pick up Maneater.  Swim around as a great white and wreck stuff.

Destroy All Humans was so much fun. I’d like to know how the remake is whenever you/she gets around to it. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Will do after I finish Ghost. I loved the first one. 

How is Ghosts so far?  I have a code that my PlayStation guy sent me.  Just need to download it.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Destroy All Humans was so much fun. I’d like to know how the remake is whenever you/she gets around to it. 

It's literally the same game, but remade for the newer technology.  So not a remaster, but a true remake.  Still fun to play and the movement is more seamless, as one would expect.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

How is Ghosts so far?  I have a code that my PlayStation guy sent me.  Just need to download it.

It's literally the same game, but remade for the newer technology.  So not a remaster, but a true remake.  Still fun to play and the movement is more seamless, as one would expect.

It’s a lot of fun, but I haven’t gotten a really good chance to put in time—I’ve played maybe 4 hours in one sitting. It’s one of those games where I need more than an hour here and there to play it. I went to play it yesterday and it had an update, which finished right when my wife came down from her office. 

So Destroy All Humans just got the Crash Bandicoot treatment basically. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So Destroy All Humans just got the Crash Bandicoot treatment basically. 

LOL!  Pretty much.  My wife had been saying she wanted her PS2 back so she could play it.  Called in a favor and got her a copy for launch day.  I played for a bit last night and had some fun with it, but that'll be her game for sure.  Ghosts is next on my list.

Archived