2021 3* Juco CB Kamal Hadden Commits To AU!

Sizzle

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

was this done with the idea we'll lose out on nyland and/or kamari?

No we’re just thin at corner. If they all want to commit we’ll take all of them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

was this done with the idea we'll lose out on nyland and/or kamari?

@The Jboy Show can correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding is the staff had planned for a good while to take a Juco CB. That's the impression I got since about March or April.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

No we’re just thin at corner. If they all want to commit we’ll take all of them

Plus also heard the staff is preparing in the event McCreary has a big season & foes pro.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@The Jboy Show can correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding is the staff had planned for a good while to take a Juco CB. That's the impression I got since about March or April.

You are correct. Hadden is a guy the staff recruited hard and were always going to take. Once Lassiter moves it back they really turned up the heat.

• Thanks 1

Kamal Hadden's high school talks about his path to Auburn

By Allen Trieu

New Auburn commit Kamal Hadden had many challenges to get to where he is now. The violence he grew up around was well-documented by Central Michigan Life.

A Central Michigan commit out of River Rouge High School in Michigan, Hadden re-routed to Independence Community College where he received Power Five offers. When it came to Auburn, his high school coach Corey Parker, who has continued to mentor him, says Hadden kept saying 'Coach, I'm getting recruited by Auburn.' He had seen them play on television, knew that is where players like Cam Newton and Bo Jackson played, and given where he had come from in a short period of time, he was initially in disbelief he had that type of offer.

That did not mean he felt he did not deserve the opportunity though. On a ZOOM call with the staff, the Tiger coaches asked him about his football aspirations saying they only want to recruit players who want to play in the NFL. Hadden confirmed emphatically that was his goal.

"With Coach Martinez and UCF, Kentucky, Coach Jones at Texas Tech, they all had things he was looking for, number one was the opportunity for early playing time," Parker explained to 247Sports, "the chance to earn a starting job because he’s got two maybe three years to play, so you’ve got to come in and play. They all had that. Where Auburn stepped up amongst everyone else, the coaching staff made his gamily a part of the recruiting process just as much as Kamal, so Kamal really got a family feel from the staff. They did a great job communicating with everyone in the family, including me and that was one piece that took them a notch above the other schools. Another notch was the opportunity to play in the Iron Bowl. Kamal feels he would have the opportunity to cover an Alabama receiver and an opportunity to have good game in a game of that nature promotes him with regards to an opportunity to play on Sundays. He’s as mentally tough as I know of a DB so I have no concern with that. He wants to play against the best."

Hadden transferred to River Rouge during his junior year, so he and Parker quickly got to work on improving his game, getting his talents in front of colleges, and trying to get his transcript up to speed.

"From the time I started working with him, I knew he had some gifts, but he was so much of a dark horse and no one knew about him that it was going to take a really good season and camp season just to get him a shot and the blessing was, Central Michigan, as a coaching staff, they were willing to jump in on faith to say he has no offers, we are going to offer, and I understand how hard that has to be for a staff to do that. He turned around and had a really good year," Parker said.

He added, "It was around Signing Day when Independence said, if anything happens academically, we’ll be here. That’s something you worry about with a kid that just transferred to you inside of his junior year and has only had one season with you – you have to be careful with the transcript and make sure he has core classes locked in inside those seven semesters and that’s all years you were not in control of as a coach, I was only I control for two semesters. So with CMU, we weren’t able to meet those academic standards by 2/10 of a point. Independence was waiting and Kyoshi Harris and his staff did a great job of rolling Kamal in. He beat out an SEC commit that was there playing, beat him out for the starting cornerback position and at that point, I knew he had a shot."

Having played in the secondary himself, Parker takes pride in his school's success at that position, and Hadden's story makes the coach even more proud of where he has gotten

"He’d say ‘pops, it’s hard up here [at Independence], it’s tough, a lot harder than being at home’ and I said ‘just tough it out, you’ll be alright’ and he toughed it out and got it done," Parker said. "He maintained the level of toughness our defensive backs play with from Daraun McKinney (Iowa) to Reggie Pearson (Wisconsin) and so on, that level of physicality. When you talk about Steve Clinkscale at Kentucky, talk about Coach Jones at Texas Tech, how they recruit and Gus Malzahn and his staff, how they recruit physicality and toughness on film, yet technique. You see all that in one year where he was able to earn offers from several Power Five schools and was able to commit an SEC school, a team that’s always competing for SEC championships, it’s exciting to see that journey and story come full circle."

Hadden will graduate from Independence in December.

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plus also heard the staff is preparing in the event McCreary has a big season & foes pro.

Oh most definitely. After his performance against Chase and LSU he was officially on NFL scouts radar. With a good season as our #1 corner he’ll probably be a 3 and done

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Oh most definitely. After his performance against Chase and LSU he was officially on NFL scouts radar. With a good season as our #1 corner he’ll probably be a 3 and done

Believe he was a 3 star. Don’t always get lured by those stars @GwillMac6, they are fickle partners

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, fredst said:

Believe he was a 3 star. Don’t always get lured by those stars @GwillMac6, they are fickle partners

He was a 3 star who was committed to South Alabama. But Kevin Steele offered him late in the recruiting process and he ended up with us

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

We have a saying in the coaching world, stars are good for astronomers and Mario Kart.

Soo what you're saying is @GwillMac6 is an astronomer. Got it!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

He knows I’m just messing with him. He’s one of my faves too.

What the hell E I thought I was your favorite 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@ClaytonAU I said one of smart ass. You are too. lol

So everyone is one of your favorites, then? :tease:

15 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So everyone is one of your favorites, then? :tease:

Nope! I have about 10-15. The benefits of having an online family.

• Like 2

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...