Can anything change Americans’ minds about Donald Trump?

homersapien

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Is there a difference? I believe so. Does that negate the fact that people said the same thing as you did, with Obama? No. So that indicates a certain point of view for me. People hate Trump as much as people hated Obama. So who is right?

Well, you just acknowledged that you see a difference. I guess you're just choosing to ignore that.

You because you claim to be on the side of the righteous due to Trump's plunge?

I claim to be on the side of not fascism.

Well Trumpers believe they are too because Biden is awful.

trumpers believe a lot of crazy s***. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Is there a difference? I believe so. Does that negate the fact that people said the same thing as you did, with Obama? No. So that indicates a certain point of view for me. People hate Trump as much as people hated Obama. So who is right? You because you claim to be on the side of the righteous due to Trump's plunge? Well Trumpers believe they are too because Biden is awful.

Yeah, it's the difference in perspective in looking at the situation from closer to the edges and looking from the center.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Well, you just acknowledged that you see a difference. I guess you're just choosing to ignore that.

So you suggest that I ignore my belief system and "worthless" conscience and vote for a person I don't agree with because "It's not Trump"? I understand your viewpoint, but I have my beliefs as you have your own . If I were to vote Trump, I would crucify myself mentally. If I were to vote Biden, I would live in regret. Though not AS disastrous, it would still be a mess in my opinion. I'm sorry, Biden has made statements that tell me he does NOT care about anyone. Just the vote.

I claim to be on the side of not fascism.

Well that's a good side to be on.

trumpers believe a lot of crazy s***. 

Indeed. An insect will fly to certain doom because the light is beautiful. 

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

So you suggest that I ignore my belief system and "worthless" conscience

A worthless decision does not a worthless conscience make.

and vote for a person I don't agree with because "It's not Trump"?

Yes. I don't ask you to agree with me that Biden has many more merits than just not being the guy who openly wants to run the US much more like Putin runs Russia, but I do ask sane people to recognize that that's a merit and merit enough. 

I understand your viewpoint, but I have my beliefs as you have your own . If I were to vote Trump, I would crucify myself mentally. If I were to vote Biden, I would live in regret.

Here's to hoping that we all escape with your conscience intact.

I don't get the hate for Biden.   I see lots of unqualified emotion and name calling but no real reasoning or attempts to justify their opposition based on actual issues or policies.

Biden knows how the government works and he will appoint qualified people in positions to do it.  His policies - assuming they align with the Democratic platform - are good.

What's all this hate based on? 

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What's all this hate based on? 

There seems to be this weird logic that because trump was elected, that means that Dems should have come up with this super candidate that would be perfect for centrists and independents. It's like they thought they were teaching Dems a lesson by not voting for Hillary- or even voting against her- in 2016, and they're mad that Dems didn't respond with the exact guy they wanted. And I totally get that under normal circumstances. Voted third party once and would again. Hell, I'd consider voting for John Kasich over Biden. Because I see a very logical argument that that would be the best way to start healing our country. I don't think many people really care about that, though. 

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There seems to be this weird logic that because trump was elected, that means that Dems should have come up with this super candidate that would be perfect for centrists and independents. It's like they thought they were teaching Dems a lesson by not voting for Hillary- or even voting against her- in 2016, and they're mad that Dems didn't respond with the exact guy they wanted. And I totally get that under normal circumstances. Voted third party once and would again. Hell, I'd consider voting for John Kasich over Biden. Because I see a very logical argument that that would be the best way to start healing our country. I don't think many people really care about that, though. 

I understand to some degree, but it’s up to a candidate to earn my vote, not be given my vote. 

this is because the right has managed to paint all libs as evil baby murdering commie bastids who want to destroy this country. look at most of the right wing regulars on this site......they smear every single person on the left regardless of whom they are. go look at the smears they have shot at that little girl and climate change. hell she gets death threats. the same way that young man who survived a school shooting who dared to stand up for his murdered schoolmates and friends. and these were basically kids. and that happened quit a bit on this site.i can only remember like two names right now that did this but i am not going to out them while their buddies get a pass. but i am sure most folks on here have not forgotten. it is sickening and yet these same folks say i have an unhealthy dislike for trump. and yes i do understand not all on the right are like that.

Archived