Woodward tapes prove Trump knew coronavirus was more serious than the flu even as he told the American people otherwise

TitanTiger

On 9/10/2020 at 5:52 AM, TitanTiger said:

Then half the country has given itself a frontal lobotomy.

Regardless of the timing of the tape coming out, he said what he said.  He lied and blatantly misrepresented the seriousness of a pandemic-causing illness.  If you just write that off as "politics," you're a sucker.

According to Fauci this is untrue. Trump got his advice from scientists such as Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birks, Surgeon General Adams, Dr. Hahn, Director CDC Redfield, etc. Again, according to Fauci, Trump was briefed daily and reported what he was told by these scientists. Was his phraseology awkward? Sure. Daily occurrence for Trump regardless of topic.  

So while I can understand the politics behind the "tapes", I tend to believe science over politics. I believe half of America does as well. 

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

According to Fauci this is untrue. Trump got his advice from scientists such as Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birks, Surgeon General Adams, Dr. Hahn, Director CDC Redfield, etc. Again, according to Fauci, Trump was briefed daily and reported what he was told by these scientists. Was his phraseology awkward? Sure. Daily occurrence for Trump regardless of topic.  

So while I can understand the politics behind the "tapes", I tend to believe science over politics. I believe half of America does as well. 

You're having an entirely different conversation than the one the rest of us are having.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're having an entirely different conversation than the one the rest of us are having.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks!

so some of you guys are giving that piece trash a pass when he stood on national television and called it a dem hoax? he said it more than once. people are dying, he has been told the truth, and he calls it a dem hoax. not only was he lying he was taking political shots when people were dying and needed the truth. he threw fauci under the bus as well i believe. i never read the article but just the headline but hey ! trump is one of the biggest liars this country has ever seen and 2. fauci said he was getting death threats from things trump was saying. and of course people believed trump.

His phraseology was "awkward"?!  :laugh:

Yeah, at least 54 times (as of May 6, 2020):

54 times Trump downplayed the coronavirus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/the-fix/54-times-trump-downplayed-the-coronavirus/2020/03/05/790f5afb-4dda-48bf-abe1-b7d152d5138c_video.html

Archived