Tight end passes?

twilli13

So where were all those tight end passes folks said we were 'saving up' for this week? Still waiting.....or is the All Star team of Gus and Chad holding em back for Bama? Just curious what head in the sand beta mentality story is the current shiny happy company line right now. 

Agree.  The TE group is talented especially the freshmen and were the talk of camp and how Morris was going to utilize them. 2 games in, not much. And my humble opinion is that JJ should converted to D Line. At 300 pds and his size, hes a freak athlete. Convert him to DLine and hes cashing 7 figure checks in 4 years. 

We threw to Peggues at least once and I think we threw to Sheneker once as well.  Where is Frazier?  I know he didn’t dress for Kentucky but did he dress for Georgia?

Besides the TE's, can we throw to a back too??? I know we throw the screen to a back, but I'm talking about a back over the line...Ga. did it several times for critical yards....all we do is throw it to them behind the line and pray they pick up yards....Tank did very well, impressed with his determination and effort....

55 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Agree.  The TE group is talented especially the freshmen and were the talk of camp and how Morris was going to utilize them. 2 games in, not much. And my humble opinion is that JJ should converted to D Line. At 300 pds and his size, hes a freak athlete. Convert him to DLine and hes cashing 7 figure checks in 4 years. 

Yeah I agree. The fact that we are using a 300lb guy as our feature 'TE' (if you even wanna call it that) is so dumb.  Its beyond dumb. Its Gus, that's all I can say. Yeah, it sounds cool to say we have a 300lb guy who's a great athlete for his size, let's get him the ball. In reality, the fact that we dont utilize someone quicker and more athletic for that role is just a microcosm of why we suck on offense. I'm so gd tired of all this. 

I HAVE A GOOD ANALOGY.   TELL ME IF I AM THAT FAR OFF. THIS IS NOT HYPERBOLE:

Like, a 1A Private Christian Academy fields its first ever squad and the History teacher played a little football, and really likes football so they let him coach.  Nobody expects much.  Heck, this is their first year suiting up and the first game is against a 3A public school  THAT IS WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT

The whole “we are going to utilize TEs and backs in the passing game” was just a brilliant ruse by the two master chess player offensive gurus, to get the opponent to waste valuable practice time on the possibility.  Also last night was sacrificial. We want the LSUs and Bamas and such, to think we have absolutely no Offensive Identity.  YOU JUST WAIT. We are going to roll out a beautiful Offense.  Crisp blocking and scheming. Tight route running off of a non-high school route tree, TE and RB wheel routes, crossing patterns, it is going to be unreal.  WHAT WAS THAT CLUSTER**** WE BROUGHT TO ATHENS?  HEADS MUST ROLL. THAT WAS UNEXCUSABLE.  

I watched several games yesterday and far, far lesser teams had actual offenses. The routes and passing games from almost every program in the country, where coaches make five times less than ours, are really fun to watch.  It’s truly mind boggling that we are forced to watch this clown show week to week.  Can’t we have ONE YEAR where we have a real Offensive Coordinator and a real Wide Receivers coach?  Just to see how it could be? Maybe throw in a real OL coach?  Remember 2012?  That’s EXACTLY what we saw last night. 20 freaking 12.  THAT WAS POP WARNER.  We laugh at the high school offense but that was POP WARNER. Seriously, that was far worse than high school.

People have to realize that you have to see what Gus does, not rely on what he says.  He has fed the fan base with enough disinformation that it would make Russia blush.

Might have been a ton of TE passes in the plan or in the play calls. Most plays were broken and never developed. Hard to say what the play was when it's melted down like that.

11 hours ago, twilli13 said:

So where were all those tight end passes folks said we were 'saving up' for this week? Still waiting.....or is the All Star team of Gus and Chad holding em back for Bama? Just curious what head in the sand beta mentality story is the current shiny happy company line right now. 

I stopped letting Lucy pull the football away a long time ago. I have become comfortable without sports and AU is the only team that I still watch .It won't bother me one bit to give that up, for different reasons,  if there are many more efforts like night

IMO we actually used tight ends creatively and effectively in the second half, including Pegues doing the Refrigerator Perry for important first downs. He also might have scored on a Nix pass had Bo not botched the throw.

Archived