Destroyed by what they created

Leftfield

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news-traitor/index.html

Plenty of hardcore Trump supporters have already turned against Fox News. Now they're even turning against Tucker Carlson. I just can't process how screwed up this country has become that such a huge number of people are willing to believe things with absolutely no evidence.

49 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Plenty of hardcore Trump supporters have already turned against Fox News. Now they're even turning against Tucker Carlson. I just can't process how screwed up this country has become that such a huge number of people are willing to believe things with absolutely no evidence.

Pot meet kettle.

Trump suggests people inject bleach to kill coronavirus.

Trump says that the Mexicans in this country are rapists and murderers.

Both sides are liars and both sides are gullible.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Pot meet kettle.

Trump suggests people inject bleach to kill coronavirus.

Trump says that the Mexicans in this country are rapists and murderers.

Both sides are liars and both sides are gullible.

What are you talking about? I'm referring to people who believe there is mass fraud in the election without a shred of proof, and who attack a figure they revered when he points that out simply because they don't want to face the truth. With what you're talking about, Trump actually said those things. Admittedly, the second was slightly misconstrued to make it seem worse (he was referring to people the Mexican government was encouraging to enter the US, not Mexicans already in the US, although even then he far exaggerated), but he explicitly suggested the first as a possibility.

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What are you talking about? I'm referring to people who believe there is mass fraud in the election without a shred of proof, and who attack a figure they revered when he points that out simply because they don't want to face the truth. With what you're talking about, Trump actually said those things. Admittedly, the second was slightly misconstrued to make it seem worse (he was referring to people the Mexican government was encouraging to enter the US, not Mexicans already in the US, although even then he far exaggerated), but he explicitly suggested the first as a possibility.

Thanks for making my point! 

"such a huge number of people are willing to believe things with absolutely no evidence."

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Thanks for making my point! 

"such a huge number of people are willing to believe things with absolutely no evidence."

So people criticizing Trump for things he actually said is the same as people getting angry with Tucker Carlson because he's pointing out they're upset over election fraud that didn't actually happen?

You're not helping yourself here, Grumps.

42 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So people criticizing Trump for things he actually said is the same as people getting angry with Tucker Carlson because he's pointing out they're upset over election fraud that didn't actually happen?

You're not helping yourself here, Grumps.

He didn't say what you believe he said. That is my point.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

He didn't say what you believe he said. That is my point.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said. "These aren't people. These are animals."

On 11/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Leftfield said:

You mean like Russia Russia Russia?

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You mean like Russia Russia Russia?

Wasn't the evidence the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence community, the mueller report and the house all coming to the exact same conclusion- Russia interfered in the elction with the xpress desire to benefit the trump campaign. 4 different agencies- the same conclusion- 

As far as Fox being a victim of what they created it's truly hard to envision any scenario where their viewership isn't totally demolished. they will either have to out crazy OAN, NewsMax or- move squarely towards the middle between CNN (which has become unwatchable) and OAN. is there room for news without the spin?  

On 11/21/2020 at 10:12 PM, Leftfield said:

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said. "These aren't people. These are animals."

If you think that a non-medical person asking a physician "is there a way we can do something like that" is the same as saying "we should do that," then there is no reason to pursue the discussion. It means that we understand the English language completely differently or are completely different in our morals.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, shabby said:

Wasn't the evidence the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence community, the mueller report and the house all coming to the exact same conclusion- Russia interfered in the elction with the xpress desire to benefit the trump campaign. 4 different agencies- the same conclusion- 

As far as Fox being a victim of what they created it's truly hard to envision any scenario where their viewership isn't totally demolished. they will either have to out crazy OAN, NewsMax or- move squarely towards the middle between CNN (which has become unwatchable) and OAN. is there room for news without the spin?  

You forgot the whole "collusion" aspect.

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

If you think that a non-medical person asking a physician "is there a way we can do something like that" is the same as saying "we should do that," then there is no reason to pursue the discussion. It means that we understand the English language completely differently or are completely different in our morals.

Your post said - "Trump suggests people inject bleach to kill coronavirus." I addressed that.

Now instead of what you originally posted, you move it to me saying he said "we should do that." So you're changing the argument in a vain attempt to win it by semantics. 

Pretty much a moot point. The man was dumb enough to suggest injecting disinfectant into the body. You don't need a medical degree to know that doesn't work. You just need common sense.

And what the hell does morals have to do with this?

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Your post said - "Trump suggests people inject bleach to kill coronavirus." I addressed that.

Now instead of what you originally posted, you move it to me saying he said "we should do that." So you're changing the argument in a vain attempt to win it by semantics. 

Pretty much a moot point. The man was dumb enough to suggest injecting disinfectant into the body. You don't need a medical degree to know that doesn't work. You just need common sense.

And what the hell does morals have to do with this?

This is really simple. Asking a physician if there is a way to use bleach or ANY other substance to kill the virus is just not the same as suggesting that people inject bleach. It just isn't. So either we understand English differently or at least one of us is being dishonest. THAT is what morals have to do with it.

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You forgot the whole "obstruction of justice" aspect.

"the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence community, the mueller report and the house all coming to the exact same conclusion-"

Are you saying that the result was that Trump obstructed justice? shabby said that the conclusion was that Russia interfered with the election.

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

This is really simple. Asking a physician if there is a way to use bleach or ANY other substance to kill the virus is just not the same as suggesting that people inject bleach. It just isn't. So either we understand English differently or at least one of us is being dishonest. THAT is what morals have to do with it.

I wasn't saying he was literally telling people they should inject bleach. I was pointing out he suggested it might be a viable thing to do, which is patently ludicrous. You apparently meant the former when you originally posted, so I guess that's where the breakdown in communication is coming in. Regardless, it's apples to oranges to compare them, Someone believing Trump told people to inject bleach, when it's at least partially based in reality, is far different than believing in a huge conspiracy that has not a shred of evidence. 

12 minutes ago, Grumps said:

He asked if disinfectants can be used internally. 

Try to explain or spin that all you want, but it's the bottom line.  :-\

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

"the senate intelligence committee, the intelligence community, the mueller report and the house all coming to the exact same conclusion-"

Are you saying that the result was that Trump obstructed justice? shabby said that the conclusion was that Russia interfered with the election.

You don't site the source of your quote, nor do you complete it. What was the exact same conclusion you're saying they reached?

The report said that there were numerous links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and multiple cases where Trump engaged in obstruction.

While there was no specific evidence of direct collusion, the report by no means exonerates Trump. Again, Mueller's exact quote was "If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

You don't site the source of your quote, nor do you complete it. What was the exact same conclusion you're saying they reached?

The report said that there were numerous links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and multiple cases where Trump engaged in obstruction.

While there was no specific evidence of direct collusion, the report by no means exonerates Trump. Again, Mueller's exact quote was "If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

Again, cultists and facts don't jive.

18 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Seriously??? My quote was from the post that I commented on that you then commented on, thus starting this particular discourse. I thought that shabby's quote intentionally left out collusion which I would argue was the subject of the investigation in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Seriously??? My quote was from the post that I commented on that you then commented on, thus starting this particular discourse. I thought that shabby's quote intentionally left out collusion which I would argue was the subject of the investigation in the first place.

Ah, I didn't realize you were quoting Shabby. Also, I must have been confusing who said what. For some reason I thought you had made the point about "Russia Russia Russia" being the example of people against Trump believing something without evidence, but I just read back and saw that was jj3jordan. Apologies on both. Mea culpa.

Well, I've certainly helped to make a mess of this thread. Apparently I need some sleep.

Archived