Trump legal team distancing itself from Sydney Powell

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Apparently she's too "10 lbs of crazy in a 5 lb. sack" even for them.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/sidney-powell-donald-trump/index.html

how have all the crazies remained hidden for lo long before trump? they give bat sh* a bad name.

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Apparently she's too "10 lbs of crazy in a 5 lb. sack" even for them.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/sidney-powell-donald-trump/index.html

Of course. Conspiracy theories of voter fraud with no evidence are fine, but HER theories which are exactly the same think aren’t okay.

Good for Trump for recognizing the level of crazy in this lady.  If the Dems had done that with Rep. Adam Schiff you might have room to talk, other wise, enjoy your bashing.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good for Trump for recognizing the level of crazy in this lady.  If the Dems had done that with Rep. Adam Schiff you might have room to talk, other wise, enjoy your bashing.

Adam Schiff is a rank amateur compared to Ms. Powell.  She's just this side of blaming the Martians for Trump's election loss.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Adam Schiff is a rank amateur compared to Ms. Powell.  She's just this side of blaming the Martians for Trump's election loss.

True, but Adam insisted he had evidence of *Russian Collusion* and never provided that evidence.  Trump kicked her to the curb and Adam was never reprimanded.  That’s the difference.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

True, but Adam insisted he had evidence of *Russian Collusion* and never provided that evidence.  Trump kicked her to the curb and Adam was never reprimanded.  That’s the difference.

Trump has let that loon run off at the mouth behind a mic for almost three weeks, pushing outlandish tales.  I'm not defending Schiff, but learn the limits of the "both sides" response.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Trump has let that loon run off at the mouth behind a mic for almost three weeks, pushing outlandish tales.  I'm not defending Schiff, but learn the limits of the "both sides" response.

Enlighten me about the limits.  If it is a time limit; 3 weeks, as opposed to 2 years, seems to be a quick response time relatively speaking.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Enlighten me about the limits.  If it is a time limit; 3 weeks, as opposed to 2 years, seems to be a quick response time relatively speaking.

The circumstances are quite different.  For one there's a much more compressed time frame on the post election process - Trump could literally drag it out until January 20th and by your standard he'd still be "quick" with his response time.  So that's a meaningless measure. 

But also she's literally making it up out of whole cloth, Schiff was not.  People seem to forget that there was actually a ton of real evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign and election season and there was a lot of suspicious communication between members of the Trump team and Russian players in it all during the time period that warranted investigation.  There was a ton of smoke.  Sydney Powell literally has nothing to base the idiotic claims she's been making on and in truth, Trump's not "kicking her to the curb" for any wrong doing.  It's simply for embarrassing him.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

The circumstances are quite different.  For one there's a much more compressed time frame on the post election process - Trump could literally drag it out until January 20th and by your standard he'd still be "quick" with his response time.  So that's a meaningless measure. 

But also she's literally making it up out of whole cloth, Schiff was not.  People seem to forget that there was actually a ton of real evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign and election season and there was a lot of suspicious communication between members of the Trump team and Russian players in it all during the time period that warranted investigation.  There was a ton of smoke.  Sydney Powell literally has nothing to base the idiotic claims she's been making on and in truth, Trump's not "kicking her to the curb" for any wrong doing.  It's simply for embarrassing him.

Because time is compressed, Trumps team grasped for some straws and she was one of them.  One analysts on his team even mistakenly named Minnesota’s counties as Michigan’s.  Not a lot of vetting going on since the election.  Trump seems to be a little more focused on one strategy and she isn’t it.

Trump doesn’t mind being embarrassed as long as he wins in the end.  I don’t think she was let go because of that.  I know it is hard for some people to believe Trump has done some good things, but he has.

Will you be getting vaccinated?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know it is hard for some people to believe Trump has done some good things, but he has.

What on earth does that have to do with what we are discussing?

35 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What on earth does that have to do with what we are discussing?

That he kicked Powell to the curb and you spin it that he only did it because he was embarrassed.  You just can’t agree it was the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That he kicked Powell to the curb and you spin it that he only did it because he was embarrassed.  You just can’t agree it was the right thing to do.

It can be both.  It was the right thing to do, and he did it because she was an embarrassment to him.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

he did it because she was an embarrassment to him

Did Trump indicate this at some point?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did Trump indicate this at some point?

I've watched him operate for 4 years.  He's about as hard to read as a solar eclipse.

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Exhibit A:

Trump fears Giuliani, other lawyers in Biden vote challenge are ‘fools that are making him look bad’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trump-fears-giuliani-and-other-biden-vote-challenge-lawyers-are-fools.html

As an aside: "No, those pants don't make your ass look fat. Your ass does."

15 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Exhibit A:

Trump fears Giuliani, other lawyers in Biden vote challenge are ‘fools that are making him look bad’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trump-fears-giuliani-and-other-biden-vote-challenge-lawyers-are-fools.html

Reading the article, it appears former Gov Chris Christie said the team is a national disgrace:

On Sunday before Powell got the axe, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a close Trump ally and former top federal prosecutor, called the president’s legal team a “national embarrassment.”

As for the headline, knowing the ego of Trump, one would think the reason he may (or may not) have called them fools for making him look bad (we are talking NBC as the source that doesn’t attribute the quote to anybody in particular) was more about the hair dye dripping down Guiliani’s face than what they are doing.  You may have witnessing Trump for 4 years, but you’re letting the media guide your thoughts.

Note:  I am not coming to Trump’s aid here, I think Biden won and will be the President.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Reading the article, it appears former Gov Chris Christie said the team is a national disgrace:

On Sunday before Powell got the axe, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a close Trump ally and former top federal prosecutor, called the president’s legal team a “national embarrassment.”

As for the headline, knowing the ego of Trump, one would think the reason he may (or may not) have called them fools for making him look bad (we are talking NBC as the source that doesn’t attribute the quote to anybody in particular) was more about the hair dye dripping down Guiliani’s face than what they are doing.  You may have witnessing Trump for 4 years, but you’re letting the media guide your thoughts.

Note:  I am not coming to Trump’s aid here, I think Biden won and will be the President.

I'm not "letting the media" do anything.  Trump's actions, reactions, ego and such are visible from space.  I can make up my own mind here, fella.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not "letting the media" do anything.  Trump's actions, reactions, ego and such are visible from space.  I can make up my own mind here, fella.

My bad, it seemed you bought into Trump being embarrassed by his legal team.  I must have misinterpreted.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

My bad, it seemed you bought into Trump being embarrassed by his legal team.  I must have misinterpreted.

I didn’t “buy into” it. I observed and came to my own conclusion on it.  No media consulted beforehand. 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:56 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Because time is compressed, Trumps team grasped for some straws and she was one of them.  One analysts on his team even mistakenly named Minnesota’s counties as Michigan’s.  Not a lot of vetting going on since the election.  Trump seems to be a little more focused on one strategy and she isn’t it.

Trump doesn’t mind being embarrassed as long as he wins in the end.  I don’t think she was let go because of that.  I know it is hard for some people to believe Trump has done some good things, but he has.

Will you be getting vaccinated?

i will be getting vaccinated as soon as i am able. last friday they did a moses procedure on me because a squamis cell had a tail and if they hit the lymph nodes watch.ten stitches on that one. i also had one frozen. so i saw almost a dozen different people from two separate teams and guess what? one of them had covid and they had to call folks. luckily we were all masked up. i was told there is nothing i can do for a few days but wait and see if i start feeling bad. but as trump has been spending my tax money i have every right to get one out as trumps cult. here is the truth.

breitbart.com

Fact Check: Pfizer’s Vaccine Is Part of Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed'

John Carney

child getting vaccine
CDC/Pexels

4:24

Claim: The breakthrough vaccine for the Chinese coronavirus is not part of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed.

Verdict: False.

The Covid-19 [coronavirus] vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech is being produced as part of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed, the revolutionary public-private partnership launched earlier this year to speed the development, production, and distribution of vaccines to protect against the virus.

The companies announced that they were developing the vaccine in collaboration with Operation Warp Speed in July.

“Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the execution of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services [HHS] and the Department of Defense [DOD] to meet the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed program goal to begin delivering 300 million doses of a vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021,” a press release from the companies stated in July.

The press release from the companies included a quote from HHS Secretary Alex Azar that described the agreement as adding the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to “Warp Speed’s diverse portfolio”:

The U.S. government will pay the companies $1.95 billion upon the receipt of the first 100 million doses, following FDA authorization or approval. The U.S. government also can acquire up to an additional 500 million doses.

Americans will receive the vaccine for free consistent with U.S. government’s commitment for free access for COVID-19 vaccines.

“We’ve been committed to making the impossible possible by working tirelessly to develop and produce in record time a safe and effective vaccine to help bring an end to this global health crisis,” said Dr. Albert Bourla, Pfizer Chairman and CEO. “We made the early decision to begin clinical work and large-scale manufacturing at our own risk to ensure that product would be available immediately if our clinical trials prove successful and an Emergency Use Authorization is granted. We are honored to be a part of this effort to provide Americans access to protection from this deadly virus.”

“Expanding Operation Warp Speed’s diverse portfolio by adding a vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech increases the odds that we will have a safe, effective vaccine as soon as the end of this year,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “Depending on success in clinical trials, today’s agreement will enable the delivery of approximately 100 million doses of this vaccine to the American people.”

Similarly, Pfizer’s Facebook page announced the collaboration with Operation Warp Speed.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-09-at-1.53.27-PM.png

Pfizer Facebook Page

The U.S. government consistently reported on the developments of Pfizer’s vaccine as if they were part of the Operation Warp Speed, with no objections from the company or the media.

Confusingly, some media outlets and an executive from the company itself on Monday denied Pfizer was a part of Warp Speed.

“No, Pfizer’s apparent vaccine success is not a function of Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed,” a Washington Post headline declared.

That contradicts a story in the Washington Post in July about the agreement with Pfizer, which included the subhead: “The contract is the largest yet under the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed program, and will start with 100 million doses.”

“We were never part of the Warp Speed,” Pfizer Vice President Kathrin Jansen told the New York Times. “We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

The first part of that statement is false and the second part of the statement is misleading. Pfizer had decided that it would pursue the vaccine on its own, taking the financial risk that the drug would not wind up being effective. And unlike other companies pursuing a vaccine, Pfizer did not receive up-front financial backing before it began developing and manufacturing its vaccine.

Pfizer did receive fast-track designation from the Food and Drug Administration and a promise by the U.S. government to buy 100 million doses for the public at a price of $1.95 billion if the drug proved safe and effective.  That contract is part of the Warp Speed project.

Barring some show stopper issue between now and availability, I’ll be getting the vaccine as soon as I’m able. Ready to get back to normal life again. 

Archived