* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd hope the majority of us are past the idea that Shivers is an every down back

unfortunately, there's no other option bc DJ is only allowed to pass block and nothing else lol. MAR been healthy for a month and can't sniff a touch. Just gotta pray for Tank's hip that it survives this.

DJ and Tank are done for I think.  Gotta go with Worm bc we know Gus won’t play MAR.

• Like 1

Today's game plan and offensive play calling has overtaken the south Carolina game plan as the worst of the season. The south Carolina one was all on Chad with throwing 47 times. But today? All gus. Allllll. So obvious. Vanilla. Slower than usual conservative run heavy game plan? Textbook gus.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He didn't fall into their lap.  They went and paid the man a ton of money.  Like it or not, Bama wants to win a hell of a lot more than Auburn.  Been that way for a century.

I’m speaking more along the lines of, he was in a bad situation with the Dolphins and was available. 

Just now, Carnell said:

Teams feel free to blitz us because we don't run checkdowns to our backs.  Ark killed us by doing this with our blitz.

If we ran a traditional rb screen we'd kill a team. All of our screens have no blockers.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bro if you're defending Gus imma need you to rub the two brain cells you have together real fast to connect dots.

Literally exactly how we look every single game on the road vs a rival.

Easy wild man! I was replying to Auforever. 

Did Gus tell smoke to whiff? 
Did Gus tell the team to not secure the football? 
Did Gus throw into coverage? 
Did Gus say arm tackle Harris? 

I’m a leadership guy but damn! 

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink! 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Goood God Smoke has been horrible 

Absolutely embarrassingly bad defense today.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'd hope the majority of us are past the idea that Shivers is an every down back

unfortunately, there's no other option bc DJ is only allowed to pass block and nothing else lol. MAR been healthy for a month and can't sniff a touch. Just gotta pray for Tank's hip that it survives this.

His vision is horrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I didn’t come into this game expecting to win, it’s going exactly as I had it pegged, so I shouldn’t be frustrated, I guess.

Gus clearly didn't either with this play calling. He's trying to keep his job and trying to keep the score as close as possible.