Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

From what the insiders have been saying here there has been mutual interest for quite some time. God I pray this happens... I’ve never been more excited about something like this happening for auburn since 2010. 

Anyone know if he has genuine interest in Auburn or just looking for a great opportunity in the SEC? 

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So what about Cristobal as head coach and Muschamp as DC? Or should we look for someone that might stick around longer?

I get the feeling Cristobal and Muschamp might have differing personalities. Plus there are plenty of DCs he could bring along who wouldn't produce... mouthy players.

For that matter, there's nothing that says Cristobal wouldn't keep Kevin Steele. If I were the incoming head coach, I would highly consider retaining him. I don't think we are in a situation where the house needs to cleaned out, so with that in mind I think his results on the field would warrant some brownie points.

1 hour ago, aubie17 said:

Do those that matter in this decision know his interest level? Any idea if there has been recent contact with him by those that matter in this decision? 

I would say so.

Yes, I have an idea.

55 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Locks:

death

taxes

extensions on Gus’ contract 

...My kids' love

1 hour ago, aubie17 said:

Anyone know if he has genuine interest in Auburn or just looking for a great opportunity in the SEC? 

Yes

7 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

How many freshman quarterbacks has Gus signed that haven’t taken a nose dive? Nick, Cam, and Stidham all came in as transfers and already had coaching before they saved the day. The simplest way to put this: Is Gus a great, or even good, developer of talent? If the answer is no, then he needs to go. 

Bo Nix hasn’t taken a nose dive. 

31 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Would you say he's having the same issues as last year or he has gotten better?

50 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Maybe not like this 

Screenshot_20201210-214146~2.png

Just now, bigbird said:

We must've been on defense when this pic was taken.

You seem know a lot about Mari...........wait. Mario? Is that you?! Are you here with us right now?

The elephant in the room is signing day next week.  If you fire Gus Sunday/Monday and bring in Cristobal/Freeze/coach to be named later what happens to the 6-7 guys that Auburn was going to sign?  I’d like to believe an ace recruiter like Cristobal could keep them but you may also be making things harder on yourself.  I know the Auburn sports guys have mentioned it the past two weeks and I even think Jboy referenced it but it may make more sense to wait till after NSD.  That being said if Auburn loses in Starkville all bets are off.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

You seem know a lot about Mari...........wait. Mario? Is that you?! Are you here with us right now?

I know a lot about a lot of things, but this is an absolute fact...if I were Mario, there is no way in Hell I'd be on here with y'all with Jessica as my wife. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I know a lot about a lot of things, but this is an absolute fact...if I were Mario, there is no way in Hell I'd be on here with y'all with Jessica as my wife. 

Bow chica bow bow

21 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

The elephant in the room is signing day next week.  If you fire Gus Sunday/Monday and bring in Cristobal/Freeze/coach to be named later what happens to the 6-7 guys that Auburn was going to sign?  I’d like to believe an ace recruiter like Cristobal could keep them but you may also be making things harder on yourself.  I know the Auburn sports guys have mentioned it the past two weeks and I even think Jboy referenced it but it may make more sense to wait till after NSD.  That being said if Auburn loses in Starkville all bets are off.

Bringing any new coach in before signing day is the right move. It gives them the chance to evaluate the committed and see if they are players that they feel would fit the new direction. It also allows the players to evaluate the new coach and his vision and decide if they would fit. If not they aren't locked in and can move on.  It also allows the new staff to try and get some of our previous misses to push their signing to February and possibly flip them.  Waiting is not a good look, messes with the kids, and would upset a lot of HS coaches.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We must've been on defense when this pic was taken.

I see what you did there. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bringing any new coach in before signing day is the right move. It gives them the chance to evaluate the committed and see if they are players that they feel would fit the new direction. It also allows the players to evaluate the new coach and his vision and decide if they would fit. If not they aren't locked in and can move on.  It also allows the new staff to try and get some of our previous misses to push their signing a to February and possibly flip them.  Waiting is not a good look, messed with the kids, and would upset a lot of HS coaches.

Can that be done by Wednesday?  There’s a good chance the players wouldn’t even know who they were coming to play for as far as coordinators and what not.

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Can that be done by Wednesday?  There’s a good chance the players wouldn’t even know who they were coming to play for as far as coordinators and what not.

It all depends on if the PTB/BOT/AD have a plan in place and work it quickly and efficiently. I don't know if that is there.

Archived