Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

2 hours ago, keesler said:

What's the likely chance that this Administration has their ducks in a row?  That they've already gathered up the $$ to buyout this staff + the $$ to buyout a replacement staff + contacted and sealed the deal with a new HC, AND can get it all done and announced by Wednesday?

History has shown us how this Administration, BOT, PTB do things.  Having an organized and solid plan of action in place has not been their strong suit.

My understanding from listening to all the talking heads the past couple weeks is the money is there and has been there.  You have a silent majority that up until recently have not felt the need to pull the trigger.  They weren't necessarily happy with the results but also didn't feel things were bad enough to fire him.  He walked it back but a lot of that majority didn't like the solid season comment and all the excuses.  That may have been enough to change some minds.  I've been of a similar mindset.  I wasn't happy with losing to UGA etc but I guess since Auburn hadn't imploded it didn't bother me that much that I needed to see Auburn shell out a ridiculous amount of money to replace a football coach.  I also don't see Cristobal and Freeze being home run hires either.  Cristobal makes me a little nervous that he could be Jeremy Pruitt or Butch Jones 2.0.  Great at recruiting but not a great coach.  I almost want to see one more season of him at Oregon.  Freeze has done great at Liberty playing a bunch of nobodies.  Buttt he could also be a Gus 2.0 based on what he did at Ole Miss.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May have been better had they played & won the game & get to play for the Pac 12 title. Sounds like some shakers aren't convinced on Mario.

There is no guarantee that any coach will be "great" but I feel incredibly confident Cristobal would do better at Auburn than Gus has.

20 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Someone on Facebook says they heard Gus is getting fired Monday. Just posting what I read 

I’m starting to think Gus will be gone after Saturday game as well. I never believed the Auburn brass will do it before the season end. Not a good look 

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My understanding from listening to all the talking heads the past couple weeks is the money is there and has been there.  You have a silent majority that up until recently have not felt the need to pull the trigger.  They weren't necessarily happy with the results but also didn't feel things were bad enough to fire him.  He walked it back but a lot of that majority didn't like the solid season comment and all the excuses.  That may have been enough to change some minds.  I've been of a similar mindset.  I wasn't happy with losing to UGA etc but I guess since Auburn hadn't imploded it didn't bother me that much that I needed to see Auburn shell out a ridiculous amount of money to replace a football coach.  I also don't see Cristobal and Freeze being home run hires either.  Cristobal makes me a little nervous that he could be Jeremy Pruitt or Butch Jones 2.0.  Great at recruiting but not a great coach.  I almost want to see one more season of him at Oregon.  Freeze has done great at Liberty playing a bunch of nobodies.  Buttt he could also be a Gus 2.0 based on what he did at Ole Miss.

I understand your view on this.  My comment was simply to say that it is very unlikely that this Administration/BOT/PTB would have already made the move, gathered the buyout $$ AND hooked the replacement HC to the point that they could make the announcement by next Wednesday.  

These folks have never operated that way and rarely have a decisive or solid plan in place to make such a huge and lasting move.  

26 minutes ago, keesler said:

IF LSU can pin even an ounce of the current Title IX investigation on O, he is out of there with $0.00.  This lawsuit has already pegged a tennis coach and an Asst AD for knowingly suppressing rape and sexual assault allegations and failing to report the allegations to Title IX reps at LSU.  IF Ed O knew about any of it and didn't handle the allegations correctly, he's a goner. 

@keeslerI don't know nor have heard anything about that stuff. I was talking about him losing some of his team in an early season BLM meeting.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly pulling for a MooState win tomorrow, or at least how many wouldn't be upset with a loss 👀

A lot aren't in secret.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

A lot aren't in secret.

Just go look at the score predictions.  Its almost 60/40 in favor of Miss State.  I know Miss State is getting better but I would say that is a worse loss than South Carolina was. 

Just now, ellitor said:

@keeslerI don't know nor have heard anything about that stuff. I was talking about him losing some of his team in an early season BLM meeting.

Yeah, the BLM meeting won't be what breaks him.  It'll be how he handled or failed to report the rape allegations and assault allegations with Derrius Guice and more importantly Drake Davis while under his supervision.  If LSU finds he had any involvement in that mess, he's fired and will get $0 buyout.  

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

“Wait a second! Why would we want to fire Mr. Mediocre and bring in a guy who has lost 2 games?!”

These people are baffling.

@AuCivilEng1I'm not saying I agree with them. Just going to point out those 2 losses out of 5 games played were pretty bad losses.

I have given my hope up

on freeze and now in the Mario train. He makes the most sense right now even though I have huge reservations on his in game management.

Freeze will be too risky from an optic standpoint and I think Having someone with power 5 experience takes him over the top of others. I am encouraged that the ducks and him still haven’t brokered a deal yet 

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My understanding from listening to all the talking heads the past couple weeks is the money is there and has been there

It's at least in the 10s, if not the 20s by now, that Keesler has been told the past 2 years the money is there. Most of the time it's been said by people connected to the program. I don't understand why he still doesn't get it.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly pulling for a MooState win tomorrow, or at least how many wouldn't be upset with a loss 👀

I hope we beat the snot out of MSU and fire Gus afterwards. If beating MSU has become the standard for boosters then we are in serious trouble 

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't think I can outright pull for us to lose but it's a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things. A mediocre team is playing a bad team with a first year coach. If a loss guaranteed a better coach being installed for us I would find a way to cope with losing 4 out of the last 5 in Starkville.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1I'm not saying I agree with them. Just going to point out those 2 losses out of 5 games played were pretty bad losses.

Yes I wish people would admit those are terrible losses. It’s okay to say this guy can fit well at Auburn while also acknowledging the BAD losses he has. Yes I get COVID, new QB etc, but that wouldn’t fly here from most people. 

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I get that you don’t agree. The people who are reluctant over 2 losses are clinically insane though. What power 5 coaches that have lost less are we going to hire this year.2 loses isn’t good. But our guy has lost double that this year and he has had 7 years to build the program. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes I wish people would admit those are terrible losses. It’s okay to say this guy can fit well at Auburn while also acknowledging the BAD losses he has. Yes I get COVID, new QB etc, but that wouldn’t fly here from most people. 

Yep terrible loses, but I don’t think the long term trajectory of the program feels like Auburn does right now. I might totally be wrong though because I do not follow Oregon closely 

Just now, wcware said:

Yep terrible loses, but I don’t think the long term trajectory of the program feels like Auburn does right now. I might totally be wrong though because I do not follow Oregon closely 

It doesn’t which is why Oregon wants to keep him as well. All I am saying don’t have blinders on that he has 2 bad losses . I keep hearing “every coach loses.” Of course, but not ever coach with elite talent should lose back to back against pretty underwhelming teams. That is the one red flag I have with him. But I also said, he needs to be told , he will be able to hiring great coordinators if he is hired with backing. I definitely don’t want the guys he has had with him most recently Tbh.

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

Handsome you say. That can mean only one person!!!!!!!

7B0563E2-0BCE-490D-988D-65B09857E6FC.jpeg

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I get that you don’t agree. The people who are reluctant over 2 losses are clinically insane though. What power 5 coaches that have lost less are we going to hire this year.2 loses isn’t good. But our guy has lost double that this year and he has had 7 years to build the program. 

& I think their point is he has lost 40% of his games this season (Same as Gus if we win tomorrow). Plus we beat him & his great QB Justin Herbert last season. Some just don't see the upgrade.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It doesn’t which is why Oregon wants to keep him as well. All I am saying don’t have blinders on that he has 2 bad losses . I keep hearing “every coach loses.” Of course, but not ever coach with elite talent should lose back to back against pretty underwhelming teams. That is the one red flag I have with him. But I also said, he needs to be told , he will be able to hiring great coordinators if he is hired with backing. I definitely don’t want the guys he has had with him most recently Tbh.

Yeah, the ability to put the right guys in place around you is really the defining thing that makes a great leader. Is it just OK to admit that I have no idea if coach A or Coach B will be the right fit for Auburn. I just want someone else, anybody.

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't think you're alone in this sentiment but that's a pretty unpopular thing to say publicly lol

I don't know if I can do it, but I plan to try, not that it makes one bit of difference. I guess I can pull against Gus. TBH, I don't think the administration has the nuts to do it. Of the big dogs,I think J. Rane does, but I doubt that he has many that will stand with him. Just my impression

Isn't Insidesource the go-to insider on the Bunker? He's been saying that Gus is out Sunday.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You can always count on Ellitor to come in here and give us all hope only to come back later and Charlie Brown us. Sick bast***

4 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Isn't Insidesource the go-to insider on the Bunker?

No. I'd rank him about 6th or 7th on the insiders list on the bunker.

Archived