Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Would you say he's having the same issues as last year or he has gotten better?

Yes, here’s the highlight reel:

AA69D8C7-56B7-45C8-AB60-49080FDA0185.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fredst said:

Yes, here’s the highlight reel:

AA69D8C7-56B7-45C8-AB60-49080FDA0185.gif

Looks like a tough off-season

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It all depends on if the PTB/BOT/AD have a plan in place and work it quickly and efficiently. I don't know if that is there.

Yeaaa. Not at Auburn. To think that these people have any kind of plan is wishful. 

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I get the feeling Cristobal and Muschamp might have differing personalities. Plus there are plenty of DCs he could bring along who wouldn't produce... mouthy players.

For that matter, there's nothing that says Cristobal wouldn't keep Kevin Steele. If I were the incoming head coach, I would highly consider retaining him. I don't think we are in a situation where the house needs to cleaned out, so with that in mind I think his results on the field would warrant some brownie points.

If IT ever happens, please NO on muschamp and Steele.  Need new life. 

Just my $0.02

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude Cristobal should be the coach if not for anything, for the fact that 90% of the fan base loves him. I don’t ever remember a guy being so universally loved by Auburn fans. 

Hicks Poor 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Bo Nix hasn’t taken a nose dive. 

Does he play like a 5 star qb? Has he gotten any better? Does he appear to be coached up at all? Do you really want to parse words? And even if he hasn’t taken a nose dive yet, can you only name ONE in EIGHT YEARS? As you like to say, thank you for proving my point. 

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

The elite recruiting programs look like they'll all stay that way with two exceptions: Auburn (currently 43rd) Florida State (currently 34th) Both have averaged just inside the Top 10 since 2012. Immensely disappointing for both program unless something changes.

I think Mario could get us in top 20 area. Anything more would be a miracle imo 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think our recruiting class is going to stay low, due to low number of recruits. But I think Gus and Co are purposely leaving spots open so they can be more active in the transfer portal and get some lineman and pass rushers. Those guys count against your 25 if I’m not mistaking.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm not an insider by any means, but if MC took the job in the next several days I bet we would see a lot of flips to Auburn. Think of all the kids who didn't commit because of the current staff. Just speculation, but it's possible.

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude Cristobal should be the coach if not for anything, for the fact that 90% of the fan base loves him. I don’t ever remember a guy being so universally loved by Auburn fans. 

Where do you get the  90%? i would think the percentage is closer to 20% and even that would be a stretch.   

Is it that he offers significant change from the current HC that he is so beloved? 

Also historically,  if fans like him or think he's a good fit  chances are he wont be hired 

16 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Where do you get the  90%? i would think the percentage is closer to 20% and even that would be a stretch.   

Is it that he offers significant change from the current HC that he is so beloved? 

Also historically,  if fans like him or think he's a good fit  chances are he wont be hired 

I’m going off of the vocal sample size that I see here to be honest. And when I say 90%, I mean 90% of the fans who care one way or the other who the coach is. It may be 20% of Auburn fans overall, but even taking us here on this forum as a sample size, we for the most part seem to be in agreement that he would be a good fit here and an upgrade over the current guy. And I’ve been here for a few coaching changes. We don’t agree on a lot of “realistic” coaches in these numbers. 

20 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I agree with you here. It’s pretty sad that the administration doesn’t at least try to go out there and make the fans feel satisfied. They normally bring in guys out of left field and we end up having to go along with it. They forever us to accept their mediocre coaches and mediocre results, because we love Auburn.

51 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think our recruiting class is going to stay low, due to low number of recruits. But I think Gus and Co are purposely leaving spots open so they can be more active in the transfer portal and get some lineman and pass rushers. Those guys count against your 25 if I’m not mistaking.

Intentionally leaving room for transfers that couldn’t make the starting lineup where they are?  That should be a red flag IMO. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

woody and buzz 11122020073455.jpg

28 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

Intentionally leaving room for transfers that couldn’t make the starting lineup where they are?  That should be a red flag IMO. 

Hell yea it should. I’m not saying it’s smart. I’m saying I think they are doing it, because of the transfer rules.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Would you say he's having the same issues as last year or he has gotten better?

Bo has improved. I expect him to be even better next season. 

9 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Does he play like a 5 star qb? Has he gotten any better? Does he appear to be coached up at all? Do you really want to parse words? And even if he hasn’t taken a nose dive yet, can you only name ONE in EIGHT YEARS? As you like to say, thank you for proving my point. 

One was asked for and one was provided. Sean White is another one that got better before off the field issues and injuries did him in. As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

12 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

One was asked for and one was provided. Sean White is another one that got better before off the field issues and injuries did him in. As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

Sean White had better mechanics out of HS than he did after spending a couple summers under Malzahn.

And LMAO @ Bo's "improvement". He has gotten better at scrambling around and making miraculous runs out of nothing. While that has been a pleasant surprise, that isn't "QB coaching" nor is it "QB development". Every mechanical deficiency that he has displayed is still there if not worse than it was last season. You wanna talk about "improvement" and yet literally last week he sailed the ball over the head of a wide open receiver in the endzone because - you guessed it - he threw off his back foot for no reason for  the millionth time this season.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m going off of the vocal sample size that I see here to be honest. And when I say 90%, I mean 90% of the fans who care one way or the other who the coach is. It may be 20% of Auburn fans overall, but even taking us here on this forum as a sample size, we for the most part seem to be in agreement that he would be a good fit here and an upgrade over the current guy. And I’ve been here for a few coaching changes. We don’t agree on a lot of “realistic” coaches in these numbers. 

The 50-75 main contributors on this site don’t speak for all 85,000+ plus that fill JHS. 

Archived