Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

That’s the kiss of death: expect the unexpected 

690785FD-61FC-417B-9911-90EF333EB574.jpeg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If nobody else is going to come on out and acknowledge it I guess I’ll be the guy. Anyone ever notice that Mario looks like a younger, less sweaty Bruce Pearl? No? Just me?

FCAD063B-0231-4D24-B530-D14A4E42A8FB.jpeg

B4366C26-A406-4B3A-A13E-43C9E9D9076E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@Hay Field 101 if you haven’t made a beer run yet, I’ll take a bottle of bourbon. Being that it’s Friday and all...

Yea man i got ya. That dang steel reserve 211 kicked the crap out of me. And after all those Asian dumplings i kinda had to walk lightly today. But I just had some hair of the dawg so i am back. I will head to Publix because they have their own liquor store and I can kill two birds with one stone. Thinking about two 18 packs of Dixie beer and one of the three pound bags of Killer Fire Pork Rhine's. That should do the trick for this evening. Any special brand or can i have the honor of picking it? Any one got a hook up in the septic tank business? Alright I am out the door see ya'll in a bit.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Check images at bottom for a pretty good indication

Like they did when they listened to the fans and got us Bruce?

You listed things that SHOULD come naturally to a kid who was the #1 DTQB in the country with a season of experience under his belt. 

Are his passes better? No. Is he still overthrowing the fastest man in college football? Yes. Is he making checkdowns? No. Is he still staring down his WR and main target before the snap? Yep. Is he planting his feet and squaring his shoulders and stepping into every throw? Nope. Still throwing off his backfoot? Is there anyother way he passes the ball? 

The one thing that has improved is his completion percentage by a minuscule amount, but that tends to happen when you throw mainly all shovel passes and within 5 yards of the LOS. I saw a stat that said we didnt attempt a pass over 15 yards the entire aTm game. Looks like gus is trying to force that 60% mark for the first time in Bos career. 

All the things that 

You are right that we dont have an offense. But you are incorrect to put ALL of the blame on the offense. This years defense has been terrible. Despite signing multiple highly ranked kids every class, its been 3 years since we had anything resembling a pass rush. This seasons defense has been pushed around. The DL has played bad. Pappoe has played bad. He is consistently running himself out of position and trying to arm tackle. Where is the 5* headhunter he was suppose to be when we signed him? So far he hasnt shown up... The DBs are playing just terribly. They give up 15 yards then get up talking smack as if they stopped them for a 15 yard loss. They are constantly out of position, making bad decisions, and committing stupid penalties. 

Yeah the offense deserves every bit of blame that people want to give them, but it is unfair to just blame one side of the ball. This the worst the defense has looked under Steele. I know most want to give him a pass, but his defense is going down hill quickly without Muschamps recruits

@auskip07 dude can recruit and coach up some OL.

Screenshot_20201211-120558.png

Screenshot_20201211-120655.png

His yards per completion is better along with his completion percentage. As I said he has improved some this year and has really only regressed as it relates to trying to do too much by throwing into more tight windows and by throwing more 50/50 balls (this is likely by design) and he has a ways to go. He has improved marginally in most of the things you list. I still believe in Bo BTW and think he will hold many school records when he leaves AU. 

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's at least in the 10s, if not the 20s by now, that Keesler has been told the past 2 years the money is there. Most of the time it's been said by people connected to the program. I don't understand why he still doesn't get it.

And people wonder why some don't share like we used to

15 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Yea man i got ya. That dang steel reserve 211 kicked the crap out of me. And after all those Asian dumplings i kinda had to walk lightly today. But I just had some hair of the dawg so i am back. I will head to Publix because they have their own liquor store and I can kill two birds with one stone. Thinking about two 18 packs of Dixie beer and one of the three pound bags of Killer Fire Pork Rhine's. That should do the trick for this evening. Any special brand or can i have the honor of picking it? Any one got a hook up in the septic tank business? Alright I am out the door see ya'll in a bit.

You’re a damn trooper. Thanks man.

Man, I’m not picky at all, so buyers choice. 

Grab a sixer of Blackened Voodoo by Dixie. It’s a nice change of pace.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

VT fans board wants Gus as coach. Showed up in my feed, but interesting comments. 

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/rumors-auburn-firing-gus-hope-we-move-soon--156559258/?page=2

Thanks for that, I honestly enjoyed reading through those comments.

Really hope Michigan does buy Gus from us to keep him outta VT. :lol: 

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

94CC5278-15BE-473E-A094-AE69CA2B74E8.gif

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Thanks for that, I honestly enjoyed reading through those comments.

Really hope Michigan does buy Gus from us to keep him outta VT. :lol: 

Watch him go to Michigan and be breaking offense records in his first year. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Grab a sixer of Blackened Voodoo by Dixie. It’s a nice change of pace.

Maaaan, I need to revisit that guy. I tried it for the first time in BR and it was so much burlier than anything else I'd ever tasted. That was in '93. They were way out ahead of the craft beer thing. Also bought a pack of Picayune filterless cigarettes. That weekend took about 7 years off my life. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Watch him go to Michigan and be breaking offense records in his first year. 

Like he did here?

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's at least in the 10s, if not the 20s by now, that Keesler has been told the past 2 years the money is there. Most of the time it's been said by people connected to the program. I don't understand why he still doesn't get it.

Gotdamn!   I get it - I GET IT!   I've been told and told years and years and I get it.  The money is ready and waiting to be forked out to buyout this staff and a replacement staff. 

I simply asked Win4AU a simple question:  Is it likely that THIS Administration has put together a solid plan to push out this staff and usher in the replacement staff in a timely fashion so that they can make the announcement by Wednesday?  They've never acted in a timely and functional way in the past, so what makes anyone believe they're in unison and will do it now?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But more successfully. Like Gus turns into a competent coach when he leave here. 

I think he could be successful at a smaller school like South Alabama or Arkansas State again. I don’t see him ever being successful at another P5 school 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think he could be successful at a smaller school like South Alabama or Arkansas State again. I don’t see him ever being successful at another P5 school 

He could knock it out of the park at a place like VaTech where expectations are lower and the competition is weak.  Their fans want him but don't think their Administration can afford him. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I just think it would be our luck for him to leave and turn into Dabo at Michigan. Lol

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

He could knock it out of the park at a place like VaTech where expectations are lower and the competition is weak.  Their fans want him but don't think their Administration can afford him. 

Possibly. But it also might be harder with them not having the talent he is used to at Auburn. I’m actually surprised some people think Texas would want him 

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Bro, I live in Virginia. Don’t do this to me. I don’t wanna see this mans face on the side of the road up here!

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Open question to the board: Who has quickly become your favorite poster and why is it Hay Field 101

He's willing to get the hooch we all need during these trying times.  

I had a buddy pick up a case of Blanton's ($70/bottle) in the duty free at Miami airport last week.  I've enjoyed sippin every night. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Possibly. But it also might be harder with them not having the talent he is used to at Auburn. I’m actually surprised some people think Texas would want him 

I think if he took this staff to Texas and dipped into their recruiting machine, they’d probably be pretty good. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bro, I live in Virginia. Don’t do this to me. I don’t wanna see this mans face on the side of the road up here!

Someone posted one of VaTech's threads a couple of pages ago.  I looked and a lot of their board seriously wants him.  They want his recruiting rankings he's pulled at AU, they want someone who knows how to beat Saban, and they think 4 losses a year are ok for them.  Others point to his lack of energy and personality as a liability if he were hired, and his huge buyout as unaffordable. 

Archived