Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GTAnderson.256 said:

Here is my thoughts on Steele.... the question I have to ask myself is, would I want him based on his resume and the fact that he is 62 years old (and an old 62 if you ask me) if he were a DC at another program besides Auburn? For me, that is an easy no. So then why would I want to promote him and extend the Gus era at Auburn? I don’t and I wouldn’t. Why can’t the PTB see that?

The booster(s) who want him don’t care about that or what you think . All they care about his getting their guy. Once people understand this they will stop asking this same question . 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I think Napier and that we shouldn’t sleep on Kiffin. He’s still my dark horse.

I think our fan base would love him if he was in Orange and Blue

12 minutes ago, wcware said:

You are right. I would like to hear your thoughts on Lane. Do you think he is a long term solution?

not sure "Lane" and "long term" belong in the same sentence

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:
3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

He's worse than I initially thought he was.  He's evidently from Louisville so I hear him come on the sports radio out of there regularly.  His bias over our cheating scum ways are quite ridiculous. Probably one of those that were wrong about the Cam situation in 2010 that never lets it down now. 

Ding ding!!! He never let 2010 go brother!!

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Why was everyone so emotionally attached to Cristobal becoming the next head coach? It’s like it was Cristobal ot burn Auburn down. Now almost everyone is acting half damn crazy on this thread. He was not coming here. And it definitely was not about money because Auburn could easily beat that offer. He was not coming and used Auburn to get more from Oregon. Get Lane Kiffin on the phone.

I was never on the MC or bust bandwagon. I am disappointed he won't be coming as i know for a fact he would pull in some really exciting players. I was not sold on his coaching ability but he is a ra ra guy and as long as he had good coordinators i think he would do well. 

Now lets see who they come up with. Lots of folks out there that would be good hires. 

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

not sure "Lane" and "long term" belong in the same sentence

Maybe they don’t but why not? If he was successful would he stay? I don’t think we will even consider him

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Why because he agreed to stay @ Oregon? Now there are some buffoons but I don’t see what him staying at Oregon has to do with it.

Because they’ve turned this whole debacle into a s**tshow. They paid a man $21 million dollars to not do his job anymore and they didn’t have a definitive upgrade in place. And if you believe that they did have a plan, that plan was to turn around and hire Gus Malzahn’s 62 year old subordinate! Are you kidding me with this question?

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Why was everyone so emotionally attached to Cristobal becoming the next head coach? It’s like it was Cristobal ot burn Auburn down. Now almost everyone is acting half damn crazy on this thread. He was not coming here. And it definitely was not about money because Auburn could easily beat that offer. He was not coming and used Auburn to get more from Oregon. Get Lane Kiffin on the phone.

Thank you! That’s pretty much it. He signed that bad boy right after they approved it 

It was the best fit imo

It's not that, it's how much of a cluster**** this situation has been shown to be. 

1 minute ago, mdp5150 said:

Lane Kiffin isn’t coming. He will use AU for a raise. 

Let’s focus on who can truly get. 
Napier or Sark. 

I’m fine with either

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The booster(s) who want him don’t care about that or what you think . All they care about his getting their guy. Once people understand this they will stop asking this same question . 

No, I get that. Totally. But I guess I can’t come to grips with why he is “their guy”. It makes zero logical sense. Maybe that’s the problem, I’m trying to look at it logically. I don’t understand how you fork over mega money and want Steele as your HC in return. In what world is he going to do as well as, let alone better than, Gus? It may happen, and I’ll gladly eat crow, but nothing points to the fact that it will work.

Archived