Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The booster(s) who want him don’t care about that or what you think . All they care about his getting their guy. Once people understand this they will stop asking this same question . 

I'm fine with this but will those same booster(s) willing to step down when it all blows up? Hell, I'd be happy with a "That was our bad" statement but that isn't going to happen either.

So what was the whole deal with MC following Auburn players on Monday then? I understand some of those could have been guys he recruited, but surely not all of them right? Was that just an epic troll job by whoever runs his twitter account, or did he actually believe on Monday that he was going to come to Auburn?

Just now, GTAnderson.256 said:

No, I get that. Totally. But I guess I can’t come to grips with why he is “their guy”. It makes zero logical sense. Maybe that’s the problem, I’m trying to look at it logically. I don’t understand how you fork over mega money and want Steele as your HC in return. In what world is he going to do as well as, let alone better than, Gus? It may happen, and I’ll gladly eat crow, but nothing points to the fact that it will work.

Good ole boy system. He is chummy with them. He is in position to be a HC. That’s pretty much all it takes . But I think there is a reason why he is not the HC. Others don’t agree

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

not sure "Lane" and "long term" belong in the same sentence

I'd be OK with short term (long term interim) for Lane because we would be wanting to fire him after a couple of seasons anyway. Be good for both parties.

4 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

Lane Kiffin isn’t coming. He will use AU for a raise. 

Let’s focus on who can truly get. 
Napier or Sark. 

I like Sark...he could do wonders with Bo and the receivers Auburn has.

The boosters are not gonna change?  They have not changed at their age is a sign that until they get ill or pass away the dynamics are not gonna drastically change

19 minutes ago, wcware said:

You are right. I would like to hear your thoughts on Lane. Do you think he is a long term solution?

I think he’s young, I think he’s a pretty solid and relatable crooter, love his offense. The fanbase loves him...seems like he’s good at playing politics as he’s gotten older and wiser. There’s just always a BUT to his tenures. 
I don’t even know why he’d come with how intrusive these guys are, and how much they seem to hate candidates with charisma. 

Can I buy more likes and dislike ? I feel like I need to use those rather than type and express my rage and disgust so I won't get banned. I am beyond words anyway. AU is ran like a damned serfdom and frankly, I am probably going to concentrate on Ole Miss next season more than AU. My youngest grandson is an OM fan and Kiffin is entertaining as hell

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Why would Lane come here? Lolol. MSU and UM basically got their first guy off the rip. Auburn obviously ain’t as alluring as we think. We looking with blue and orange glasses. 

So, I'm not saying Auburn is as alluring as we think but apples to apples here...Lane came from FAU and Leach came from Washington St....hard as it may be to believe both Mississippi schools are major upgrades for them whereas its debatable how much better Auburn is than Oregon.  If Cristobal was at Oregon State this might have gone differently...

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think he’s young, I think he’s a pretty solid and relatable crooter, love his offense. The fanbase loves him...seems like he’s good at playing politics as he’s gotten older and wiser. There’s just always a BUT to his tenures. 
I don’t even know why he’d come with how intrusive these guys are, and how much they seem to hate candidates with charisma. 

I agree. I want the culture of Auburn to grow with the times. They want to stay stuck in the past.

If we're in bargain bin mode, I hope they take a look at Bill Clark. He's a builder, a tough guy who's won everywhere he's been, he's no gimmicky, he doesn't have a book, he's just a good football coach. 

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Can I buy more likes and dislike ? I feel like I need to use those rather than type and express my rage and disgust so I won't get banned. I am beyond words anyway. AU is ran like a damned serfdom and frankly, I am probably going to concentrate on Ole Miss next season more than AU. My youngest grandson is an OM fan and Kiffin is entertaining as hell

Can I get a ride back to the basketball forum? I’m having some maintenance done on the car? #freesharife

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Why would Lane come here? Lolol. MSU and UM basically got their first guy off the rip. Auburn obviously ain’t as alluring as we think. We looking with blue and orange glasses. 

It’s still a great job. Big money best conference. I think people get caught up in rumor and conjecture. Now that things have flamed on Mario, it seems Auburn wants to eat their own and blame this person and that person. Boosters exist and influence every big time coaching hire. The problem is Auburn boosters can’t do it without the world knowing. 

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

If we're in bargain bin mode, I hope they take a look at Bill Clark. He's a builder, a tough guy who's won everywhere he's been, he's no gimmicky, he doesn't have a book, he's just a good football coach. 

"Just a football coach" works in the conference he's currently in. That doesn't fly in the SEC. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good ole boy system. He is chummy with them. He is in position to be a HC. That’s pretty much all it takes . But I think there is a reason why he is not the HC. Others don’t agree

Yep, they want a coach who will let them be in his ear

17 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Napier should be next man up.

He would be a program builder.
After him the list should be

Elliot, Sark, Kiffin 

I fixed this for you...no Sarky-poo or Kiffen-pants.  Either Napier for established coaching experience or rebuild/chance with Elliott.

Archived