Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

I have some hope on MC.

If he had agreed to a contract extension and the board approved the contract extension then an announcement should have been eminent one would think, I mean why would you not.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

Looking at the scheduled flights. One of them is coming in to auburn from Greenville south carolina. 

Mike Bobo? 

Greenville is close to Clemson, not Columbia. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all seem surprisingly uninterested in this pseudo failed-coup story and a campaign by Auburn fans that may have blown it all up lol

I'm leaning in the direction of what @caleb1633 and @gr82be said- and apologies, fam, if I'm not paraphrasing correctly- which is essentially that this might not be so dramatic as Steele being involved or even an active attempt to push Gus out. 

Maybe Lowder just said, "Gus is trending to the bad..."- something maaaaaaaaany of us have agreed about for 3 years or more- "...and when he inevitably has to be let go, I think Steele should be the guy." Now, don't get me wrong, that is short-sighted, myopic, narrow-minded, and problematic in other ways. But should it be labeled "an attempted coup"? Is there anything particularly dramatic about it at all? Eh, I don't think so.

And we've all been calling many of our big money people dummies for a long time. So it shouldn't be news if they were surprised we don't want Steele over guys like Cristobal and Napier. 

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Serious question, why would there be a search committee if there was already “ a guy”? It’s not going to be MC, Steele, or any of these other big names mentioned. I’m telling you they are going to go much younger on this HC hire. They know that it needs someone to bring in some energy and can be player relatable. Not saying would be the guy but a Graham Harrell type of guy.

It is a necessary formality.

3 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Looking at the scheduled flights. One of them is coming in to auburn from Greenville south carolina. 

Mike Bobo? 

Investigation content matters. 

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all seem surprisingly uninterested in this pseudo failed-coup story and a campaign by Auburn fans that may have blown it all up lol

Probably need to call and check up on people.

3 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Mike Bobo? 

If connected, that would most likely be one or both Clemson coordinators

ESPN reporting like its a done deal for Oregon...quote from the article..."Cristobal's name HAD been mentioned as a potential candidate for Auburn's coaching vacancy."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30539088/oregon-ducks-approve-new-6-year-27m-deal-football-coach-mario-cristobal

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Serious question, why would there be a search committee if there was already “ a guy”? It’s not going to be MC, Steele, or any of these other big names mentioned. I’m telling you they are going to go much younger on this HC hire. They know that it needs someone to bring in some energy and can be player relatable. Not saying would be the guy but a Graham Harrell type of guy.

It's been stated a few times the search committee is a sham.

5 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Mike Bobo? 

A66Vm6.gif

Just now, Zeek said:

#PressureWashTheBarn? 

Yeah, see I'm not buying that Steele had much to do with the coup but I do think there is some merit to the Steele being derailed by the Twitter backlash. I've seen it a number of places.

If by derailed, you mean Steele not getting the HC position, I'm all for the derailment.   I'm not getting the weird push for him at all.  Not back then, not now.  Don't know if Steele has been bucking for the position, but this whole thing is strange. 

I'm hoping we get a real coach who cleans house and gets to business building a winning program.  

6 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Mike Bobo? 

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Greenville is close to Clemson, not Columbia. 

A bammer buddy of mine- who lives in Columbia and is married to a Cocks fan- just messaged me to say he's hearing Steele would bring on Bobo as OC.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

If by derailed, you mean Steele not getting the HC position, I'm all for the derailment.   I'm not getting the weird push for him at all.  Not back then, not now.  Don't know if Steele has been bucking for the position, but this whole thing is strange. 

I'm hoping we get a real coach who cleans house and gets to business building a winning program.  

We must use bleach this time, just to be sure

23 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Supposedly its heavy on the incentives, easy incentives, that would eventually bring it above $6 mil/yr.

Yeah, 9 wins (regular season), win ANY bowl game, and represent the division in the conference championship game is $450,000. 

If he repeated the 2019 year, that's $750,000. 

Win it all (and a conference title) $1,750,000.

I hope our decision makers use an incentive structure, and shift the tides.  These guaranteed yearly and ridiculous buyouts are getting out of hand.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

A bammer buddy of mine- who lives in Columbia and is married to a Cocks fan- just messaged me to say he's hearing Steele would bring on Bobo as OC.

An offense more Stale than moldy bread 

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm being honest, I've probably contradicted myself a dozen times this week. If I keep posting at this rate, I'll end up claiming that I fired Gus from the Grassy Knoll so that I could promote @GwillMac6 to the BOT so that he could then fire Kevin Steele so that I could hire Kevin Steele... because he would be available... and we wouldn't have to pay his buyout because we already paid his buyout...

I will 2nd the hire of my brodie @GwillMac6 he's the only one that can meet the Bruce Pearl standard of enthusiasm to bring to the Football program.  Lets go Fam! Woo!

Archived