Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With MC off the table, I think our best plausible option is Lane Kiffin. At the very least, that hire would make Auburn Football interesting again. The few other realistic candidates remaining would be a disaster 

Ok well can we salvage this pie on face and get Napier, Lane, or Sark? 

Just now, wcware said:

I will not renew season tickets this year if they hire KS. I will not donate a penny. I will not buy Auburn gear. Anybody but Steele. 

I am struggling with a very similar thought process. I love Auburn University, but the apathy for the football program will continue for sure.

I'm on the Billy Napier bandwagon.  Lots of success as both an assistant and coordinator, tutelage under Dabo and Saban, the players seem to love him, and most importantly his teams at Louisiana play hard with good fundamentals from what I've seen.  I'm hoping that's the route we go, and he keeps Steele onboard as the DC along with some of the better defensive positional coaches.  

I don’t believe for one second what transpired stopped this guy from coming. I do believe he did what he could to get the best extension possible for himself. Now , can we move forward and hire the best option ?!

I've always cringed at mobs who storm through rich neighborhoods screaming, "Eat the rich!" But after this, I'm ready to grab my pitchfork! Who's with me?

Just now, DAG said:

I don’t believe for one second what transpired stopped this guy from coming. I do believe he did what he could to get the best extension possible for himself. Now , can we move forward and hire the best option ?!

You're assuming the group that has gotten us this far is capable of even figuring out who the best option is at this point.

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I am struggling with a very similar thought process. I love Auburn University, but the apathy for the football program will continue for sure.

They have shown no loyalty to me or any other fans or Alumni. 

Also glad we did that campaign yesterday . I was wrong for feeling bad. The whole CKS reeks of shadiness. Do not want 

College football is weird. Until I see Mario speak I am not convinced he signed the deal. All these articles say they approved an extension. We already knew that's what they were meeting about.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If we scared away Mario that easily, I don’t see how we get anything higher than a Napier. This is horrible

You are right. I would like to hear your thoughts on Lane. Do you think he is a long term solution?

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

Gus is prob LHAO right now

No question. Probably set a new score on Galaga and did a sweet robot dance in victory. 

Archived