Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUght2win said:

College football is weird. Until I see Mario speak I am not convinced he signed the deal. All these articles say they approved an extension. We already knew that's what they were meeting about.

Dude.  Oregon's official twitter account announced that he signed with quotes from Mario.  It's over.

I’ve been checking the news first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Three days ago I was ecstatic. Right now I’m just as apathic as I was before. This coupe **** is probably true and if that’s the case I’m gone wash my hands with this. Ridiculous. Money obviously wasn’t the issue. I doubt auburn even offered him. 

1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

I'd take a chance on Sark, could be good or could be a disaster like Jeremy Pruitt 

Kiffin first, Fickell and Napier second. Only go to Elliot and Brent V after. I want someone with head coaching experience.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Dude.  Oregon's official twitter account announced that he signed with quotes from Mario.  It's over.

Obviously he hates his in-laws and family doesn't matter.  

14 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

"I am humbled and honored to be part of the best college football program in the country," said Cristobal. "The tremendous commitment from the University and our administration to our student-athletes, coaches, and support staff is unmatched and has been unwavering since day one. I am grateful to President Schill and Rob Mullens for all of their support and for entrusting our staff with the future of Oregon Football. We are just getting started, and I am fired up to relentlessly work and build upon the success so far. We are privileged to call Oregon home, and we love the sense of family and community here at Oregon. We will continue to work tirelessly to elevate the Oregon football program to the next level, and we can't wait to see the best fans in the nation back in Autzen Stadium next fall. Go Ducks!"

If he just said all that and he ended up coming to Auburn I don’t think I’d want him. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

College football is weird. Until I see Mario speak I am not convinced he signed the deal. All these articles say they approved an extension. We already knew that's what they were meeting about.

I’m done with hope. No way we get anyone of his caliber to come here. We are the worst place to coach in college football right now. Coup attempts, meddling BOT members..... the list goes on and on

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t believe for one second what transpired stopped this guy from coming. I do believe he did what he could to get the best extension possible for himself. Now , can we move forward and hire the best option ?!

Who is the best option?  I know we have had names mentioned but how many have real interest?   I got no clue on this one, but I will say I wouldn’t mind seeing Del McGee get an interview.  I just hope we take our time and find the right guy at this point, there just doesn’t seem to be a Bruce Pearl out there right now.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Who is the best option?  I know we have had names mentioned but how many have real interest?   I got no clue on this one, but I will say I wouldn’t mind seeing Del McGee get an interview.  I just hope we take our time and find the right guy at this point, there just doesn’t seem to be a Bruce Pearl out there right now.

I wouldn’t take the job over running my car dealership 💯 

Just now, auburnphan said:

I think we still should look at Napier, I think we should still look at Sark and Kiffin. They closed the door on freeze. This is what happens when you fall for an candidate without true leads. MC had a lot of leverage and smartly used it to his advantage. Now we put our big boy pants up and move on. 

MC didn't get off the table. He never was on it. Auburn is not a top 15 coaching opportunity. The expectations and pressure of yearly lets fire the coach had moved us into a mid tier SEC hire. Hell. Even both the Mississippi teams were able to get bigger name hires than we will. Let that sink in

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Auburn is run by the most corrupt stupid motherf******. It’s embarrassing. 

Why because he agreed to stay @ Oregon? Now there are some buffoons but I don’t see what him staying at Oregon has to do with it.

Just now, DAG said:

I think we still should look at Napier, I think we should still look at Sark and Kiffin. They closed the door on freeze. This is what happens when you fall for an candidate without true leads. MC had a lot of leverage and smartly used it to his advantage. Now we put our big boy pants up and move on. 

You are right but I don’t think we need to forget what apparently they did to Gus. Everyone involved needs their bags packed today

Here is my thoughts on Steele.... the question I have to ask myself is, would I want him based on his resume and the fact that he is 62 years old (and an old 62 if you ask me) if he were a DC at another program besides Auburn? For me, that is an easy no. So then why would I want to promote him and extend the Gus era at Auburn? I don’t and I wouldn’t. Why can’t the PTB see that?

Just now, wcware said:

You are right but I don’t think we need to forget what apparently they did to Gus. Everyone involved needs their bags packed today

Yeah they definitely did some shady stuff IMO. 

Archived