Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes that's his goal. But if he can't...

So if God used covid to keep Cristobal away then is this him using it to bring Napier to us? His schedule just freed up lol

Doesn't CC deserve it since they won head to head in the regular season?

38 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Does Schwartz know something we don’t?....

He seems to like Kiffin. 

Auburn PTB would never consider Kiffin. 

I don't like what I'm thinking.  

Just now, AUwent said:

Doesn't CC deserve it since they won head to head in the regular season?

Ohhhhh true that would make sense. I'm of the belief if YOUR team can't play then YOU forfeit.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What a great ending to 2020. :-\

At this point - even though its an integral part of my cultural heritage, if not DNA, makeup - I am seriously questioning the entire "College Football/Money/NFL" complex.  I mean seriously, $49 million contracts?

Are we going crazy? 

Are you serious?  What did Bloomberg spend in Florida? Wasn’t it 150 million?  And what about the guy from out west, can’t recall his name, but he was in the primaries and hundred of millions.  

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

At this point - even though its an integral part of my cultural heritage, if not DNA, makeup - I am seriously questioning the entire "College Football/Money/NFL" complex.  I mean seriously, $49 million contracts?

Are we going crazy? 

YES.

And we have police and firemen/women, military  and first responders barely making a living wage. 

I think the train thing in twitter is referencing stopping the Steele hire, right? I've seen others tweet the stop the Steele hashtag with the train Emojis after it.

I'm young and still don't have a clue what most of the stuff on twitter means...

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

He seems to like Kiffin. 

Auburn PTB would never consider Kiffin. 

I don't like what I'm thinking.  

Bye bye Schwartz and not to the NFL 😢

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

YES.

And we have police and firemen/women, military  and first responders barely making a living wage. 

The contract Anthony Davis got to put a ball through a net would take a teacher 5,000+ years to make

2 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

folks on bill camerons the drive said napier would be a good fit if folks can be patient

sun belt championship just cancelled, so maybe we won't have to be quite as patient now

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Real talk though. Joey Freshwater would need to start eating at the wellness kitchen cause that dude has gained like 80 lbs since he stepped foot in Mississippi.

True but he would have the offense, especially, players like Schwartz eating well.....figuratively!

I would be willing to bet the geniuses on the search committee haven't even remotely thought about Kiffin. I swear folks, you better be glad that Muschamp didn't win 5 games at USC this season, or he would be candidate No 1. 

Tell me I'm wrong?

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The contract Anthony Davis got to put a ball through a net would take a teacher 5,000+ years to make

I would love to think that 'Rona has helped expose how ridiculous these buyouts are.

I think because of the stress that comes with the job (people constantly calling for your head) that coaches *do* deserve to be paid substantially more than your average worker, yes that includes teachers, but not to that level. Salary levels before January 3, 2007--when $4M annually was considered a ludicrous amount--are just fine, thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

yep ,  there are a lot of professions that deserve a LOT more than they make.  Yet entertainment is so important to us that people can make tens of millions a year because they can throw a ball fast,  kick a ball far,  hit a little ball into a hole 200 yards away.  

The whole idea is preposterous.  I feel very strongly about this,  yet I am a hypocrite.  Or at least sucked into the mentality that permeates society.     Open the bank vault for our new coach if we must!

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are we going crazy? 

Well, we've enabled it. The athletic department brings in something like $650M* a year, and even with all the expenses we come away with a $47M* profit. 

*Numbers may be off some, but the point remains.

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Are you serious?  What did Bloomberg spend in Florida? Wasn’t it 150 million?  And what about the guy from out west, can’t recall his name, but he was in the primaries and hundred of millions.  

You are making my point, which I don't think you got.

2 hours ago, Jaba4ever said:

Honestly, I don't think so. Using this forum as a population sample, you're pretty well one of a kind.

This is the message board subset of the Auburn fan base. I know a lot of people that don’t come on here or any of the forums, and they are let’s just say different from a lot of the folks on here.

10 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Well, we've enabled it. The athletic department brings in something like $650M* a year, and even with all the expenses we come away with a $47M* profit. 

*Numbers may be off some, but the point remains.

Actually it's not so much the "Athletics Department" as the football and basketball program.  And why is that?

Archived