Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Qualifications for being said insider?

Established credibility on the board or direct proof of credible source (ex: your name, your source's name, etc.).

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

AU SHOULD have the cajones to do just that. “I’m just gonna park this here while I go talk to your coach.  

in oxford  I would be afraid someone would steal our hubcaps. 

Not trying to ruin the fun, but the flights from Auburn to Holly Springs are for a single engine prop plane registered to Quicksilver LLC in Hernando, MS.

1 minute ago, Tony4AU said:

Wait, it’s not a private jet??

Sure wish I had a Gif of a clown car-biplane. Okay. I’m done bustin on the alma mater (for today). There’s hope. Til there isn’t.

Im an insider. The coaching hire is going to be someone completely unexpected... Rhett Lashlee. We’ve put all these rumors out to distract from. Our real target. Deal is expected to be finalized tomorrow.

So, here’s the thing. I’m not really an insider. That story above is completely made up. Neither is anyone else on the board. If they were an insider, they wouldn’t be on a message board trying to figure out what is happening. The truth is we’re all just trying to put together the scattered pieces of info put out by Auburn reporters who themselves don’t even know everything going on and are largely speculating at this point. 

Put a more direct way, no one knows anything really. Most of what is being reported right now is rumors.

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Sure wish I had a Gif of a clown car-biplane. Okay. I’m done bustin on the alma mater (for today). There’s hope. Til there isn’t.

Save this for later..

tenor.gif?itemid=11881481

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Im an insider. The coaching hire is going to be someone completely unexpected... Rhett Lashlee. We’ve put all these rumors out to distract from. Our real target. Deal is expected to be finalized tomorrow.

So, here’s the thing. I’m not really an insider. That story above is completely made up. Neither is anyone else on the board. If they were an insider, they wouldn’t be on a message board trying to figure out what is happening. The truth is we’re all just trying to put together the scattered pieces of info put out by Auburn reporters who themselves don’t even know everything going on and are largely speculating at this point. 

Put a more direct way, no one knows anything really. Most of what is being reported right now is rumors.

Wait.....

Are You are saying it's gonna be Rhett Lashlee??!!!!?!?

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Harbaugh actually did well college to NFL-wise. NFL to college, well, Spurrier was probably USCe's best coach ever, and then there's that guy who was coaching the Dolphins for a couple years.

You missed the vice versa and usually part of my post. Spurrier and Saban are HOF college coaches, but unsuccessful in the NFL. College and NFL seem to require very different skill sets that usually don’t overlap. 

4 hours ago, AUeng said:

Not trying to ruin the fun, but the flights from Auburn to Holly Springs are for a single engine prop plane registered to Quicksilver LLC in Hernando, MS.

Lol I don't think most people believe the plane tracking. It's just kinda dumb fun. 

Saturday Down South just posted an article that by talking to Indiana's head coach, Auburn's expectations are unreasonably high. Definitely doesn't take much to be a sports writer these days.

13 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Saturday Down South just posted an article that by talking to Indiana's head coach, Auburn's expectations are unreasonably high. Definitely doesn't take much to be a sports writer these days.

I highly doubt we even have talked to Him

13 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

its easy to write an opinion and honestly 50% of the time they have the facts right. 

6 hours ago, AUFriction said:

He also allegedly has some kind of connection to Allen Greene. I don’t buy it though. Has no experience coaching in the southeast, which can cause problems in recruiting. And he’s never been a part of a power 5 program. 

Urban Meyer comes to mind. 

Auburn makes this way too hard. Hire Napier or Elliot. Wasted a lot of time chasing after MC. Too worried about the optics of Freeze even though he would’ve been the best fit. It’s ridiculous 

Just now, DAG said:

Auburn makes this way too hard. Hire Napier or Elliot. Wasted a lot of time chasing after MC. Too worried about the optics of Freeze even though he would’ve been able he best fit. It’s ridiculous 

And to think that Ive made fun of TN for hopelessly pining over Gruden.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

And to think that Ive made fun of TN for hopelessly pining over Gruden.

HAS CRISTOBAL PUT PEN TO PAPER???

Archived