If you thought we were pissed about KS ...

RunInRed

51 minutes ago, AUDub said:

There's no need to be needlessly cryptic. It's annoying. If you have something to say, do so. I don't care to hear you guys make yourselves sound deep and mysterious in this shitshow. Explain why. Put it out there. RiR, you already fired a major shot and hilariously and uselessly deleted it even though it's never going away at this point. 

Turn away then. Go take your crap somewhere else! RIR did us all a favor and here you are........deal with it 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There ain’t but one thing to do at this point.  Go after Lane Kiffen hard.  If we gonna have a sh** show let’s go all the way with it.  It will annoy the hell out of Saban and we will have the most exciting offense in college football.  Recruiting will no longer be a problem we will become the anti-Bammer.  Every top player Saban doesn’t take will be headed to Auburn.  It’s the only way to get out of this mess the PTB have got us in.  

Just now, weagl1 said:

There ain’t but one thing to do at this point.  Go after Lane Kiffen hard.  If we gonna have a sh** show let’s go all the way with it.  It will annoy the hell out of Saban and we will have the most exciting offense in college football.  Recruiting will no longer be a problem we will become the anti-Bammer.  Every top player Saban doesn’t take will be headed to Auburn.  It’s the only way to get out of this mess the PTB have got us in.  

I hear you.  If only it were that easy ...

Think just one minute.... Just one... Does anyone actually believe three or four coaching candidates some making less than $1 million a year, are going to turn down 5.5 million dollars per year because of something the people paying them the 5.5 million per year said to them or a demand the said purse string holders have? Really? Do you actually think someone is going to be so dedicated to their own staff or to their own ways that they’re going to turn down a $4.6 million per year pay raise?

Then think about this: When has the majority of the press been kind and sweet to Auburn?

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Think just one minute.... Just one... Does anyone actually believe three or four coaching candidates some making less than $1 million a year, are going to turn down 5.5 million dollars per year because of something the people paying them the 5.5 million per year said to them or a demand the said purse string holders have? Really? Do you actually think someone is going to be so dedicated to their own staff or to their own ways that they’re going to turn down a $4.6 million per year pay raise?

Then think about this: When has the majority of the press been kind and sweet to Auburn?

Offer me $5.5 million to coach a football team and I will keep the devil himself as a defensive coordinator. 

32 minutes ago, fredst said:

I can second this. I am almost devoid of hope at this point, more so than I have ever been as an AU fan. I literally may celebrate the New Year by burning all of my AU paraphernalia in my outdoor fire place

I'm here fredst no need to worry hell I've gone thru this crap since dirt. We'll be OK I promise..............maybe

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes. Of course they would.

Napier is a young coach. Very few get shots at a premier gig like Auburn. It may be the only shot he gets, and he doesn't want to be handcuffed in doing it. THAT would GUARANTEE it'd be the only shot he'd ever get. 

You're basically asking "would a young professional really turn down better money to be handcuffed and potentially tank his entire career?"

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It is at this point. We're playing pretend otherwise. It's literally hit Twitter. Everyone here knows what's up. That shot across the bow is, at this point, the rough equivalent of being in the room with a dead body and being like "I didn't do it!" while holding a still smoking gun, a bloody knife and wearing a sign that says "I'M A MURDERER". Cat's out of that particular bag for anyone that knows how Google works. 

So why take the Alfred E. Neuman stance on the matter now?

Is there a reason you don’t quote my posts that critique Clark and this post u only quote the part that isn’t critiquing Clark?

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm here fredst no need to worry hell I've gone thru this crap since dirt. We'll be OK I promise..............maybe

Well I’m glad you are confirming you’re old as dirt golf 😂

16 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The what’s the point of interviewing these guys if we’re just leading them on as you suggest?

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Napier has already turned down interest in other SEC jobs over the last two years.  He's clearly waiting on the perfect spot and situation.  Dude is only 41.  He'll be in high demand for a quite a while.  Chatter in Austin that Texas may be interested next season.

Once again (even tho I didn’t want Clark, the fact that this is the recurring theme) this PTB deserves the worst. This is gonna be, goober Neal brown or everyone turned us down so it’s Steele. These players deserve better, this is sad. Honestly, I hope they all transfer out, including tank. auburn doesn’t deserve these guys

Just now, augolf1716 said:

really that's the best you can come up with

Ive been quarantined for 10 days golf, this  coaching search has messed with my savvy 😂

Every HC search AU has gone thru since Pat Dye has been a %$&# show....this one is no different.  Social media is just A LOT stronger now so we are flooded with information: some accurate and most not. With the way we (PTB & fans) treat our football HC's it's no wonder no one wants to come here.  I have been prepared to be under-whelmed since the talk of Gus being fired started years ago.  One of the reasons I thought we should ride with him another couple of years.  We ain't gonna hire anybody that is an upgrade.  I've been an AU fan since the late Jordan/early Barfield years and it just the way it is.  Until somebody comes up with more money than those leading the circus now, we are where we are....

1 minute ago, penguin149 said:

Every HC search AU has gone thru since Pat Dye has been a %$&# show....this one is no different.  Social media is just A LOT stronger now so we are flooded with information: some accurate and most not. With the way we (PTB & fans) treat our football HC's it's no wonder no one wants to come here.  I have been prepared to be under-whelmed since the talk of Gus being fired started years ago.  One of the reasons I thought we should ride with him another couple of years.  We ain't gonna hire anybody that is an upgrade.  I've been an AU fan since the late Jordan/early Barfield years and it just the way it is.  Until somebody comes up with more money than those leading the circus now, we are where we are....

Fans expect wins and giving the players the best opportunities to succeed. The PTB cares nothing about the former, they want power and access. Big difference 

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Ok, I’ll trust you....for now. I started my fandom with Shug not Mike Donahue like you so I’ll defer to your experience. This is the lowest I’ve felt as an Auburn football fan I think though (lower than Barfield though I had the optimism of youth at that point)

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

Honestly at this point, if you had to make a choice between Ole Piss and AU , who in their right mind wouldn’t just stick with Ole Piss? 🙁 I mean would you real want to even get near this s*** show? The only good news is that it took Bama getting to this same point , for them to throw the checkbook and control of everything red and white to Nick Saben, and it worked out real well for them. 🤔

3 hours ago, CR said:

Can you imagine sending Clark into a recruits living room following Saban, Smart, Orgeron etc? Hes a nice story for UAB who would land with a thud at AU.

This is pure BS. Can you imagine sending any Group of 5 coach into a kids living room after an SEC HC? If UAB was Saban’s first DI job do you think he would be pulling 5 stars? UAB is getting players UAB has never gotten. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

maybe

Hope you haven't seen many days like today.

Hallelujah, Steele not a candidate, oh boy it’s Napier, not Napier, who is Brown, oh heck Clark, Clark not Interested......

Archived