Jeff Schmedding ILB and Co-DC

Zeek

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

Actually, I guess it still could. 4 spots (unless Bedell becomes official) so someone would just have to pull double duty with special teams ala Porter

@AUMicBKST coach is almost always a coach doing double duty since STs don't take up much practice time relative to other coaching demands in practice.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUMicBKST coach is almost always a coach doing double duty since STs don't take up much practice time relative to other coaching demands in practice.

yeah I was honestly forgetting they'd added the 10th spot in the past couple years.  

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

Not to mention too much plumage.

Worst of all, he's old school, set in his ways, won't change for anything. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agreed on the double duty, but STs does take a considerable amount of time and preparation. Not just that one coach going at it alone tho.

28 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Worst of all, he's old school, set in his ways, won't change for anything. 

You're thinking of Golf

It's a title for an absolute buddy hire of a coach who couldn't even get a position coach spot on Avalos' new staff at Boise. CBH knew that his pal would be jobless and had to find a spot for him. Danielson may not come now that Scmedding is coaching at AU, and may remain at Boise under Avalos. Schmedding will prove to be the worst hire at AU since another buddy hire, ah lah Herb Hand.

15 minutes ago, Barns are Noble said:

It's a title for an absolute buddy hire of a coach who couldn't even get a position coach spot on Avalos' new staff at Boise. CBH knew that his pal would be jobless and had to find a spot for him. Danielson may not come now that Scmedding is coaching at AU, and may remain at Boise under Avalos. Schmedding will prove to be the worst hire at AU since another buddy hire, ah lah Herb Hand.

why-dont-you-tell-me-how-you-really-feel

17 minutes ago, Barns are Noble said:

Hilarious screen name

On 1/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, I_M4_AU said:

It makes sense in that Mason was a HC and is most likely looking for another HCing job.  If it takes a couple of years then Schmeddling will be learning what it takes to be a coordinator in the SEC and be ready to take over when the time comes.

I think this is in name only.  Look for Mason to be with us for more than 1 or 2 seasons. Mason is a great DC but the HC part will take a few years to get there again.  Smeddling  was Co-DC at BSU as well. If Mason does a good job as DC, the $$$$ will come to keep him around.  Not sure Mason wants another HC for lesser pay.  I hope Mason is with us for the long haul (4 years or more) Time will tell the story though.

Archived