Jeff Schmedding ILB and Co-DC

Zeek

27 minutes ago, wrb0010 said:

I'm not excited about Co-DC. Let Mason do his thing.

In fairness, coordinators do more than call plays.  

There are plenty of duties Sunday through Friday to occupy two coaches, which is why we see so many run-game coordinators paired with pass-game coordinators on each side of the ball.   Among other benefits, it allows a coordinator to focus on a smaller set of position coaches.

WDE!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I should have used yellow font....

No, you really shouldn't have had to.

But just out of curiosity... just *how* big is Roy Harbison's vibrato?? 

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I hate it that coach Harsin isn't gonna retain T-Will and Cadillac.

I haven’t heard who he’s targeting for RB coach.  Caddy might have a shot, or maybe Dell McGee if we can pry him away from Kirby Smart.

57 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Co-DC is just a cute title usually. It's like the Assistant to the Regional Manager.

I see what you did there.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No, you really shouldn't have had to.

But just out of curiosity... just *how* big is Roy Harbison's vibrato?? 

It's literally indescribable. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. It literally makes my voice shakey...

15 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I hope he finds a place for TWill.

THe fact he's bringing in a LB coach already, doesn't sound like there is a place for T-Will. Plus it could be a paycut if it is another defensive position coach offered. 

I just don't see him staying.

Caddy is still very green. Unless Harsin sees him as a plus for recruiting, I don't see him staying either. IMO.

It's looking like except for Porter, no other 'legacy' or current staff will be retained...

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Co-DC is just a cute title usually. It's like the Assistant to the Regional Manager.

Coordinators do more than call plays. The plan practices for their side of the ball. They make the game plan after studying the other teams’s film. Co-DC, Co-OC, run game coordinator, pass game coordinator... these terms usually mean that they are taking on some of the out of game duties that a coordinator would typically handle. 

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

THe fact he's bringing in a LB coach already

Danielson is likely to coach DE/OLB, which I believe might be called STUD going forward.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I thought they player rock-paper-scissors to determine who was in charge each day? 

We did under Guss but that ship has sailed

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

Does this put the nail in TWill's coffin at AU?

Or maybe T-Will hammered that home on his own even before the coaching change? I don’t know, but I’m not disappointed if he’s let go.

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

THe fact he's bringing in a LB coach already, doesn't sound like there is a place for T-Will. Plus it could be a paycut if it is another defensive position coach offered. 

I just don't see him staying.

Caddy is still very green. Unless Harsin sees him as a plus for recruiting, I don't see him staying either. IMO.

It's looking like except for Porter, no other 'legacy' or current staff will be retained...

This is a good thing, IMO.  Nothing against the coaches we used to cheer for, but a family tree that doesn’t fork ends up like this...

05A98F95-1735-4717-9FE8-4F8FCA3B9E81.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

This is a good thing, IMO.  Nothing against the coaches we used to cheer for, but a family tree that doesn’t fork ends up like this...

I dont appreciate you showing a picture of me and my sister like this....

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Ouch...Now I'm going to have nightmares looking at these 2...

And i agree. I have seen 'family' hires work both ways...bad to good...

Just ask Pearl about the bad...

26 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I dont appreciate you showing a picture of me and my sister like this....

your sister is much prettier than I remember, lol

Archived