homersapien

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re against accountability— noted. Might make the crazies crazy. 🙄

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re against accountability— noted. Might make the crazies crazy. 🙄

Is this the same logic Ted Wheeler, Portland’s Mayor, used when he refused the National Guard’s help?  I understand the Democratic Party has reversed it’s course on the use of the National Guard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/01/11/national-guard-protests-riots-capital/

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this the same logic Ted Wheeler, Portland’s Mayor, used when he refused the National Guard’s help?  I understand the Democratic Party has reversed it’s course on the use of the National Guard.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/01/11/national-guard-protests-riots-capital/

Portland was obviously mismanaged. I didn’t defend it.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Portland was obviously mismanaged. I didn’t defend it.

I didn’t think you did, but allowing this stuff like this to happen just emboldens others to get away with the same act.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t think you did, but allowing this stuff like this to happen just emboldens others to get away with the same act.

True, but this situation was qualitatively different. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

True, but this situation was qualitatively different. 

No doubt, storming the Capitol was a whole different kind of crazy

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No doubt, storming the Capitol was a whole different kind of crazy

And under Trump's executive order, may face up to 10 years:

It is the policy of the United States to prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under Federal law, and as appropriate, any person or any entity that participates in efforts to incite violence or other illegal activity in connection with the riots and acts of vandalism described in section 1 of this order.  Numerous Federal laws, including section 2101 of title 18, United States Code, prohibit the violence that has typified the past few weeks in some cities.  Other statutes punish those who participate in or assist the agitators who have coordinated these lawless acts.  Such laws include section 371 of title 18, United States Code, which criminalizes certain conspiracies to violate Federal law, section 2 of title 18, United States Code, which punishes those who aid or abet the commission of Federal crimes, and section 2339A of title 18, United States Code, which prohibits as material support to terrorism efforts to support a defined set of Federal crimes.  Those who have joined in recent violent acts around the United States will be held accountable.

Executive Order on Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues and Combating Recent Criminal Violence | The White House

Archived