Censorship

Farmer Brown

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump will be acquitted at the impeachment trial for the same reason he was acquitted in the first impeachment trial.  The Republican Party is now the Trump party and they will never hold him accountable.

This goes back to my original question as to why should be proceed.  I can only guess, by the rest of you post, that you are not going to go with the results of the trial.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, you believe Tulsi Gabbard was not intimidated when she voted present in 2019 and Hillary Clinton attached her in Jan of 2020?  And yes, this whole thread confirms Democrats don’t tolerate dissenting opinions. 

Gabbard and Clinton hated each other well before that impeachment vote. Notice the two House Democrats that actually voted against impeachment didn't catch any public flak. Of course they were in swing districts, so.....

I tolerate dissenting opinions. What I don't tolerate is someone being intellectually dishonest in a debate, ignoring what's right in front of their face

If a politician is so ethical and decent he/she would probably get smoked in a presidential election/debate just like Romney did in 2012.  The Republican Party is trying to find a backbone. 

Yes, because if there's anything Trump proved this election cycle, it's that he's good at debates. 🙄

But thanks for admitting the Republican Party is now about strength and not morals or decency.

The legality of the words he used is the standard for proof of guilt or innocence. 

No, it's not. You are again trying to dismiss his actions on the legal technicalities of his words.

Only the people with 20/20 hindsight think it was foreseen. Where were you people before the uprising?  Shame on you for letting this happen.

Aaaaand now you've passed into bastard territory. First of all, no it isn't hindsight. A number of us even on this forum mentioned our expectation that someone was going to get hurt and probably killed due to outraged Trump supporters. Shockingly, Trump supporters dismissed that. Just because you didn't foresee something doesn't mean it can't be foreseen. Hell, you can't even see it in hindsight.

Secondly, **** you for suggesting our inaction allowed it. We, by-the-way, voted against him. If enough people had, leaving no reasonable way for Trump to call the election into question, then the Capitol riot most likely wouldn't have happened. 

I can see why you believe he should be impeached, it just is not based on verifiable evidence.  Show me were he orchestrated this event and I’m right with you.

By the way, what’s the rush?  Why not find the evidence before the Senate trial? 

So you're going to sit here and say there's no evidence he ever subverted the election process, or spread lies, or caused distrust in an effort to get and stay in power? Should I start posting links? Are you truly this blind? There's no gathering of evidence needed. It's all been there for public consumption. It's been in front of you for four years. 

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

On the 6th he totally misread his followers that day as they seemed to be prepared to do more than just protest.

Delusional.

So he misread the crowd, then put out a video saying he loved them instead of condemning them and showing remorse for what happened. Makes perfect sense.

Wish I had read this before my last post. If you truly believe this then there's no use talking to you any longer. 

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Secondly, **** you for suggesting our inaction allowed it

See something, say something.  Get with it.

Asserting you knew it was going to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.  If people were worried that it was a great threat why wasn’t there more security?  Really.

Other then that; good day.

16 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I tolerate dissenting opinions. What I don't tolerate is someone being intellectually dishonest in a debate, ignoring what's right in front of their face

Bingo. "Trickle down economics works" is a dissenting opinion. "Build the wall" is even a dissenting opinion. "January 6th was a big whoopsie" is dishonest, objectively stupid, and undeserving of a dignified, gracious, or civil response.

Also, it's always funny how people say dishonest, objectively stupid, or even hateful things and then cry cancel culture like damn whiny ass little babies when they're called on it. 

But that guy knows what he is and what he's doing. Most of them do. I can only postulate the issues that compel one to cry out for attention in that manner. 

I shouldn't be responding, but you seem determined to sink as low as possible.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

See something, say something.  Get with it.

Many of us did say something.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Asserting you knew it was going to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

So now you say you were justified in dismissing our claims that something was going to happen because that didn't mean it was going to happen. Yet you just said "see something, say something." I'll refer you to my earlier expletive.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If people were worried that it was a great threat why wasn’t there more security?  Really.

Because we're in a position to dictate security at the Capitol, right? Apparently you missed that there's in inquiry going on right now about why there wasn't proper security that day. Everyone is questioning why there wasn't more security.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Other then that; good day.

You forfeited the right to a civil discussion when you accused me of allowing the Capitol attacks to happen. And you did it because of your vanity. You don't want to face the reality you were duped by a human being that was able to turn the majority of the Republican Party against what they once professed to esteem.

36 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Many of us did say something.

Saying something in your echo chamber isn’t saying something to people that can make a difference.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Saying something in your echo chamber isn’t saying something to people that can make a difference.

Right, because people that could make a difference surely didn't already know, right? There's no way they could have known! It was unforeseeable!

There were articles being written left-and-right about the building potential for violence, if you'd have bothered to read anything outside of your own "echo chamber." The only people that were ever going to make a difference led the Republican Party, and they sure weren't listening. 

If you had a lick of common sense you could have seen violence coming. People have killed each other over football games. You don't think they'll lash out if they think their country is at stake?

But go on with the New Republicans and keep passing the buck for what happened. I'm sure it'll be good for the country.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This goes back to my original question as to why should be proceed.  I can only guess, by the rest of you post, that you are not going to go with the results of the trial.

The ugly truth is that the Republicans will more than likely betray their oath to protect the constitution. They obviously care more for their personal political power than they do for our country.

That is an ugly truth the country needs to witness.  It's a truth that validates the responsibility of all members of congress, regardless of party, who actually love and respect our nation,  to proceed. It's their duty.  Likewise, all citizens who respect the rule of law and fear for our country are obligated to support them in that process. It's our duty.

History will deal with the Republicans but don't think for a moment their actions will not diminish our country.  It will make it that much easier for us to perhaps one day lose our freedom to some future authoritarian tyrant who will builds on Trump's precedent.

Shame on you for being so willing to allow that.

Asserting you knew it was going to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.  If people were worried that it was a great threat why wasn’t there more security?  Really.

We have an entire thread on that.

One reason is the military became overly sensitive about deploying resources thanks to Trump's heavy-handed, over-deployment of the military to clear the (peaceful) demonstration in Liberty square - you know the one  where he held up a bible in front of a church.  The military really regretted that, as they should have.

But it illustrates how a authoritarian president corrupts our traditions - such as keeping our military out of civil disturbances.  As a result, the military "over-reacted" and failed to provide the needed security resources to prevent a mob from breaking into our capitol building.

There will be further investigations of this, but the common element is Trump.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

They were at the capital to protest the election which is a right they have.  I have it on good authority that protests are allowed as I have seen them all summer.

Trump invited them to come, incite is the wrong word here.

Question: How do you explain Trump's silence for hours after the rioting began?

It's been reported he was watching it all on TV.

There were Republican congressmen begging him to speak up after his supporters broke into the capitol.  Result: total silence on Trump's part.

(And this was no "protest" it was a deadly riot - in our capitol building no less.)

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Question: How do you explain Trump's silence for hours after the rioting began?

It's been reported he was watching it all on TV.

More than that, it's been reported that he was enthusiastic and even thrilled over what was happening and could not understand why others in the White House were not as enthusiastic as he was.

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If a politician is so ethical and decent he/she would probably get smoked in a presidential election/debate just like Romney did in 2012.  The Republican Party is trying to find a backbone.  Right now we have a President who is a political windsock. 

This is ironic because Romney is the Republican with the most courage and backbone in the entire republican party because he was willing to directly go against the Party and criticize Trump and say what he really thinks about what has been going on. 

So many other Republicans like Cruz and Graham early on expressed their disdain for Trump and how they thought he'd be a terrible President, but quickly "changed" their thoughts and beliefs as soon as they saw that many Republcan voters didn't want a good, effective leader or politician. They wanted a mob boss that would make the Libtards cry. Romney is one of the only people in the party that has told it how he saw it regardless of the political and social consequences he faced from other Republicans. 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is ironic because Romney is the Republican with the most courage and backbone in the entire republican party because he was willing to directly go against the Party and criticize Trump and say what he really thinks about what has been going on. 

So many other Republicans like Cruz and Graham early on expressed their disdain for Trump and how they thought he'd be a terrible President, but quickly "changed" their thoughts and beliefs as soon as they saw that many Republcan voters didn't want a good, effective leader or politician. They wanted a mob boss that would make the Libtards cry. Romney is one of the only people in the party that has told it how he saw it regardless of the political and social consequences he faced from other Republicans. 

What??? Romney had courage and backbone to the Democrats that want to exploit his decision to go against the Party.  In 2012 Mr President told a crowd of voters that Romney is “going to put y’all back in chains” prior to the election.

There were many Republicans that took a wait and see attitude toward Trump especially during the Mueller investigation.  After the truth came out most Republicans saw a guy that wouldn’t knuckle under to the scrutiny.  

Romney saw it like he saw it and so did all the other Senators that voted that day.   Acquittal.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What??? Romney had courage and backbone to the Democrats that want to exploit his decision to go against the Party.  In 2012 Mr President told a crowd of voters that Romney is “going to put y’all back in chains” prior to the election.

There were many Republicans that took a wait and see attitude toward Trump especially during the Mueller investigation.  After the truth came out most Republicans saw a guy that wouldn’t knuckle under to the scrutiny.  

Romney saw it like he saw it and so did all the other Senators that voted that day.   Acquittal.

You are totally in denial about the current Republican Party. :no:

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are totally in denial about the current Republican Party. :no:

Well, coming from a hard core liberal I’ll take that to heart.  Thanks.

Well, coming from a hard core liberal I’ll take that to heart.  Thanks.

I can reference a lot of "never-Trump" conservative Republicans (ex Republicans?) who feel the same way, if that helps.

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I can reference a lot of "never-Trump" conservative Republicans (ex Republicans?) who feel the same way, if that helps.

giphy.gif

Reading this thread, we're at the wife beater/child abuser level of justification - you made me hit you. 

Glad we can check that off the list.

Reading these replies is so interesting. Disclosure: I consider myself a progressive but I fully recognize that we all need to come together for a healthy and cordial compromise if we want to move forward as a nation.

When I see the debate about the insurrection--I think to myself, "How would I feel if it was the Democratic Party leading the insurrection and the people breaking down the Capitol were full of loud, boisterous, and volatile Biden supporters that are proudly wearing their Biden hats, shirts, and wave Biden flags?"

I would feel rage and anger towards the Democratic Party for enabling and allowing this to happen. I'm certain Trump supporters would feel the same, if not more intense and explosive anger. And these people have the gall to try to defend this sort of ridiculous uprising? At that point, you're just operating in bad faith. If you can imagine the opposite party doing the EXACT same thing as what transpired on January 6th... do you really think you will be alright with that?

On 1/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, I_M4_AU said:

"Echo chamber"?   Does that include any public forum - such as this one?

Archived