Auburn Gymnastics 🥇🥈🥉

AUBwins

1 hour ago, blakem said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjojXW_Dyei/?igshid=NmNmNjAwNzg=

She is a 4 star according to CGN and a US national team member. 2024 grad.

Wow this is HUGE!

Katelyn Jong is not just some random 4star!

She is a potential 5star (she should be a 5-star IMO)! 2021 U.S. Junior National Champion - USA national gymnast.

I think she was a UCLA lean for many years... she is probably a Suni recruit!

She is extremely well connected and should help us to land some other elites in the future!

REDDIT update: She chose Auburn over Florida and Arkansas.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

Wow this is HUGE!

Katelyn Jong is not just some random 4star!

She is a potential 5star (she should be a 5-star IMO)! 2021 U.S. Junior National Champion - USA national gymnast.

I think she was a UCLA lean for many years... she is probably a Suni recruit!

She is extremely well connected and should help us to land some other elites in the future!

REDDIT update: She chose Auburn over Florida and Arkansas.

If we can get Lily Bruce on board then this will be far and away the best class in auburn history.

31 minutes ago, blakem said:

If we can get Lily Bruce on board then this will be far and away the best class in auburn history.

2021 class - Suni & Sophia vs 2024 class - Kaytelin Jong, Olivia Ahern, and potentially Lily Bruce - this one is tricky!

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AUreo said:

2021 class - Suni & Sophia vs 2024 class - Kaytelin Jong, Olivia Ahern, and potentially Lily Bruce - this one is tricky!

I may have to give the slight to 2024 if Bruce is added but 2021 is the biggest program changer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blakem said:

I may have to give the slight to 2024 if Bruce is added but 2021 is the biggest program changer.

It's definitely a strong class and its amazing that we are now comparing future classes to the 2021 class (which included Suni and Sophia).

I updated the 2023 Gymnastics thread with the new schedule (Penn St at home again).

Btw, I think the Auburn/Florida regular season meet has a good chance to be on ABC this year.

Edited by AUreo

LSU just landed 5-star Kailin Chio (that's three 5-stars for LSU now). 

Now, it's even more important for us to land Lily Bruce and Sophia Kaloudis.

Based on CGN's roster management file, we should still have some scholarships available:

(the 2025 team could be sth special with possibly up to 6x 5-stars (assuming Suni will be back and the CGN re-rank will boost Katelyn to a 5-star + we land Lily).

Picture1.jpg

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Based on CGN's roster management file, we should still have some scholarships available:

(the 2025 team could be sth special with possibly up to 6x 5-stars (assuming Suni will be back and the CGN re-rank will boost Katelyn to a 5-star + we land Lily).

Picture1.jpg

How do you think we are trending for Lily and Sophia? I’ve seen several people say they think Lily is leaning towards us but I can never be sure. LSU is on an absolute tear in recruiting.

Edited by blakem

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Picture1.jpg

I guess it's possible but you think Suni comes back after taking a year off for Olympics? 

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess it's possible but you think Suni comes back after taking a year off for Olympics? 

I really hope she does and think it would be smart of her to obtain a degree, but I don’t see her returning after the Olympics. Hopefully, I am wrong.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

She already mentioned that she probably won't return to college but things can always change. The 2025 team will be stacked with many Suni recruits& longtime friends. It might be fun to finally focus on NCAA competitions without any elite training plans.

Maybe, she will be back in a different role (assistant coach), who knows...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, blakem said:

How do you think we are trending for Lily and Sophia? I’ve seen several people say they think Lily is leaning towards us but I can never be sure. LSU is on an absolute tear in recruiting.

It's hard to predict. It seems like Lily visited Auburn (host Olivia Greaves), Florida (host: Kayla Di Cello), and UCLA (host:Ana Padurariu) during the past few weeks. I expect her to visit at least 1 more program. Florida is stacked, and UCLA is always stacked. It seems like her parents also accompanied her on the Auburn visit (wearing AU gear on IG). I think we should know in 1-2 weeks as most top recruits are already committed...

Sophia visited Michigan, Oregon St, Auburn and attended the Florida Gators camp. Midwest, Pacific Northwest, South and she is from NY, so it's even harder to predict... college gymnastics is truly national recruiting.

Recruiting outlook: 2025 and beyond

- Sr. Elite and U.S. national team member Charlotte Booth would be our biggest recruit since Suni (seems to be well connected with many AU gymnasts. She is from Florida, so Florida Gators should also be in the picture)

- Metroplex gymnasts: Katelyn Jong might open up a new pipeline for us. They currently have several talented Jr. elites (Zoey Molomo,  Michelle Pineda, and Payton Chandler).

Btw, there is also an extremely talented gymnast (potential generational talent) who will attend Auburn camp next summer. She is from Atlanta and might be the next Simone Biles. She will also attend UCLA and Florida camps. Seems like she is still very young (~ 10 years old), so I won't post additional details here.

300210670_6108407219185951_4551911600582

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

Katelyn Jong:

Top 2022 Int. scores (reddit):

(VT/UB/BB/FX order):

• S. Blakely: 14.266, 13.933, 13.067, 13.366 (DTB Pokal & PanAms)

• J. Carey: 14.750, NA, 13.750, NA (Paris)

• J. Chiles: 14.150, 13.750, NA, 14.050 (Paris)

• A. Fatta: 14.033, 13.600, 11.966, NA (Szombathely)

• S. Jones: 14.033, 14.700, 13.550, 13.500 (Jesolo & Paris)

• K. Jong: 14.350, 13.366, 11.700, 13.500 (DTB Pokal & Szombathely)

• N. Matthews: NA, 14.033, NA, NA (DTB Pokal)

• L. Zeiss: 13.933, 13.633, 13.400, 13.233 (PanAms)

Edited by AUreo

1 hour ago, Kehnz said:

Sophia Bell 24' 4-Star on CGN Commits to Auburn

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjq_kx8rDmw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I guess she wanted to come here at a young age.

That's another great commit! 4-star L10 !

Commitments:

• 5-star Julianne Huff (L10, former elite)
  • 4-star Lyden Saltness (L10, former elite)
  • N/R Bryn Bartman (L10)

• 5-star Olivia Ahern (L10)
  • 4-star Katelyn Jong (Sr. Elite & U.S. national team)
  • 4-star Sophia Bell (L10)
  • 3-star Anna Flynn Cashion (walk-on) (L10)
Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

Where is JLee and Coach Pink on this??? With the football program lagging in recruiting, if I were them I'd turn my attention to Auburn Gymnastics ( a whole lot more exciting), congrats to Miss Bell and her family, look forward to seeing you perform....WDE!!!  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AUreo said:

That's another great commit! 4-star L10 !

Commitments:

• 5-star Julianne Huff (L10, former elite)
  • 4-star Lyden Saltness (L10, former elite)
  • N/R Bryn Bartman (L10)

• 5-star Olivia Ahern (L10)
  • 4-star Katelyn Jong (Sr. Elite)
  • 4-star Sophia Bell (L10)
  • 3-star Anna Flynn Cashion (walk-on) (L10)

So since Anna Flynn Cashion is a walk-on, does that mean we still have 2 more schollies?

19 minutes ago, blakem said:

So since Anna Flynn Cashion is a walk-on, does that mean we still have 2 more schollies?

Yes, I think so.

She is a walk-on according to several reddit-posters.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

What an incredible wave of momentum that really took off in the past year with Suni winning AA at Olympics.  Auburn in the international media.  Then follow up with the best year ever.  That's how you start that recruiting train.  Wow. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

If Auburn gymnastics was a stock, I would be all in. This is unreal. 

I think it's a combination of Suni & AU's Final4 appearance last season. We also have Olivia Greaves now who is an extremely well connected elite and U.S. national gymnast. Sophia Groth is also a great recruiter for us.

New associate HC Sara Carver-Milne might be another factor. She was Brown's HC for 20 years and coached former Olympian and 4x World Champion Alicia Sacramone at Brown. In addition, Bama is struggling with recruiting this year. They still have to land a top recruit in this class (and most top recruits are already committed to other schools). EDIT Bama currently has zero commits, looks like there are no open spots at Bama.

Edited by AUreo

Marissa Neal has committed to AU (24') Don't know her CGN rank. She's a Senior Elite Gymnast

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj0PPV6OcAB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Full Scholarship

Don't know how many scholarships are left. Hoping for Lily Bruce, Sophia Kaloudis next. 

Any word on the scholarships?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Marissa Neal has committed to AU (24') Don't know her CGN rank. She's a Senior Elite Gymnast

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj0PPV6OcAB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Full Scholarship

Don't know how many scholarships are left. Hoping for Lily Bruce, Sophia Kaloudis next. 

Any word on the scholarships?

Looks like she is not ranked but she is a senior elite.

Marissa is a GAGE gymnast and could help us establish a new recruiting pipeline. Leanne Wong, Kara Eaker, Sarah and Aleah Finnegan are all former GAGE gymnasts.

I am not sure how many spots are left on the team - maybe 1 more spot left?

However, some programs tend to oversign and work it out later... (e.g. Florida)

2022 U.S. Championships

Senior All-Around Results

https://thegymter.net/2022/08/22/2022-u-s-championships-results/

09. Katelyn Jong (4-star)

16. Marissa Neal

17. Ciena Alipio (5-star)

18. Joscelyn Roberson (4-star)

Edited by AUreo