Durbin: "US Troops are Nazis"

DKW 86

It seems to me that Durbin's accusations serve no purpose other than to undermine national support and resolve for our operations in Iraq -- and those who are on the frontlines of that operation. Using American blood as political fodder is unconscionable -- but, then, consider the source.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems to me that Durbin's accusations serve no purpose other than to undermine national support and resolve for our operations in Iraq -- and those who are on the frontlines of that operation. Using American blood as political fodder is unconscionable -- but, then, consider the source.

164591[/snapback]

Assume for the moment that what he says is true, or, at least, he sincerely believes it to be true, at what point in time is it OK for him to raise his concerns?

164591[/snapback]

Assume for the moment that what he says is true, or, at least, he sincerely believes it to be true, at what point in time is it OK for him to raise his concerns?

164593[/snapback]

He did raise concerns, he just made wild baseless, maybe soon to be proven totally fabricated charges against servicemen accusing them of atrocities.

But then again, what do you expect from the people supporting Kerry. Has made a political life over charging servicemen with wild baseless claims.

Has made a political life over charging servicemen with wild baseless claims.

Talk about a wild, baseless claim. I don't agree with your characterization of it, but since it is what you are referring to, do you have info that he has won any election by focusing on his Senate testimony?

Talk about a wild, baseless claim. I don't agree with your characterization of it, but since it is what you are referring to, do you have info that he has won any election by focusing on his Senate testimony?

164601[/snapback]

I believe David was speaking of John Kerry. Do you really want to take this thread into the overly documented waters of Kerry's exploits? Many, many Vietnam Vets still despise Fighting John because of his slander (both real and perceived) of them and their buddies.

As far as Mr. Durbin's comments, I liken them to the things said by Jane Fonda during the Vietnam war. I also think he should be ridiculed and despised for the rest of his life like Ms. Fonda has.

164591[/snapback]

164593[/snapback]

Al, take off your official DNC defense hat and look logically at what the man said and what he meant. This is one of those times that a dem said exactly what he meant and exactly what he wanted and exactly what his constituents wanted him to say. Don't try to spin it. Don't try to come up with a plausible

As far as his sincere beliefs are concerned, you can be sincere in what you believe and still be wrong. A person can be sincere in their belief that there is no God and sincerely go to hell.

Sincerity is does not always walk with truth.

164601[/snapback]

I believe David was speaking of John Kerry. Do you really want to take this thread into the overly documented waters of Kerry's exploits? Many, many Vietnam Vets still despise Fighting John because of his slander (both real and perceived) of them and their buddies.

164607[/snapback]

No, I don't really care to take it there, but if David responds to my question, which would be rare indeed, it was in regard to Kerry building a "political life" charging servicemen wiht wild, baseless claims. Best I can tell, he first ran for Congress, pushed his anti-war creds and lost. After that, his political life was built focusing on other matters.

164601[/snapback]

As far as Mr. Durbin's comments, I liken them to the things said by Jane Fonda during the Vietnam war. I also think he should be ridiculed and despised for the rest of his life like Ms. Fonda has.

164591[/snapback]

164593[/snapback]

Al, take off your official DNC defense hat and look logically at what the man said and what he meant. This is one of those times that a dem said exactly what he meant and exactly what he wanted and exactly what his constituents wanted him to say. Don't try to spin it. Don't try to come up with a plausible

As far as his sincere beliefs are concerned, you can be sincere in what you believe and still be wrong. A person can be sincere in their belief that there is no God and sincerely go to hell.

Sincerity is does not always walk with truth.

164607[/snapback]

Mike, if he honestly, sincerely believes what he's saying, at what point is it OK with you for him to talk about it? I realize you honestly and sincerely think that he's a liar and that's fair enough, but if he believes it with the same certainty that you disbelieve it, when is it alright for him to voice his opinion???

In my world, that's treason.

You're world is one scary, mixed up place!

164549[/snapback]

Yeah, the real world can be exactly that, TexasTiger. Folks like Senator Turban Durbin only make it worse.

Tiger Al - More than 6 months after the re-election of President Bush, and NOW you bring out the 'F' bomb against him?

Dude, you better learn how to pace yourself. You still got 3 1/2 years left of W in office.

Enjoy!

:roflol:

In my world, that's treason.

You're world is one scary, mixed up place!

164549[/snapback]

Yeah, the real world can be exactly that, TexasTiger. Folks like Senator Turban Durbin only make it worse.

164661[/snapback]

"Real World" lessons from some punk that doesn't even work for a living?

Well, Durbin IS a Senator. I don't know how much actual 'work' they do.... :blink:

Well, Durbin IS a Senator. I don't know how much actual 'work' they do.... :blink:

164683[/snapback]

I was talking about you.

Man, right on time, the Liberal name calling starts.

164690[/snapback]

You still haven't taken responsibility for calling me a Nazi or for saying Durbin did.

164690[/snapback]

You still haven't taken responsibility for calling me a Nazi or for saying Durbin did.

164694[/snapback]

I never called you a Nazi, Durbin did.

Pay attention, this is getting tedious. :yes:

164690[/snapback]

164694[/snapback]

I never called you a Nazi, Durbin did.

Pay attention, this is getting tedious. :yes:

164698[/snapback]

No, he didn't. You lied.

Post after post with link after link say the same thing. Durbin called US Troops Nazis. Durbin compared US Troops to Nazis, Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, etc. Compared a very few frat type pranks to Nazi Death Camps. Enraged WWII survivors.

There have been no deaths at Club Gitmo. Millions died in Nazis et all hands and you still defend Durbin's comments even after he offers his half :moon: apology?

Tex even has a misquote in his sig about the thread title.

Durbin has apologized and still you cant see the forest for the trees.

Post after post with link after link say the same thing. Durbin called US Troops Nazis. Durbin compared US Troops to Nazis, Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, etc. Compared a very few frat type pranks to Nazi Death Camps. Enraged WWII survivors.

There have been no deaths at Club Gitmo. Millions died in Nazis et all hands and you still defend Durbin's comments even after he offers his half :moon:   apology?

164706[/snapback]

Enough, David. Please produce the quote where Durbin calls all US troops, even me, Nazi's.

There have been no deaths at Club Gitmo. Millions died in Nazis et all hands and you still defend Durbin's comments even after he offers his half :moon:   apology?

164706[/snapback]

Enough, David. Please produce the quote where Durbin calls all US troops, even me, Nazi's.

164710[/snapback]

Why Al, It has been posted here over and over again and you Dems would just deny it. Durbin aplogizes and you still insist he said nothing wrong.

Archived