2021 First day of Spring Practice Notes

Maverick.AU

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man it’s so awesome to have real football 🏈 news again. Hard to not get excited about the future.

WHAT ? WHAT ? WHAT ? you didn't have a good day of practice? You just cant stop cold turkey on me like that. How dare you sound like a real SEC Head Coach! Now what am i going to brag about at the water cooler? I'm lost guys i need help. Maybe some scattered covered and smothered will get me through the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am hoping that Harsin isn't as paranoid as Gus and will allow at least some people outside of staff into the practices and that we will get some update on how the players look other than the staff.  With Gus it was we had a great practice every thing looks good. I can understand not wanting completely open practices as you don't want teams to be able to scout you but there should be some people outside the program who you can trust who will be objective on how the team is progressing.  

I miss the days when I was at Auburn where paranoia wasn't so prevalent and you could watch some of the practices.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

We had a good day quote sprinkled in there with lots of more substance haha 

"Today is going to be a good day."  Future tense, not past tense.  I'm perfectly fine hearing it put that way(!)  

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am hoping that Harsin isn't as paranoid as Gus and will allow at least some people outside of staff into the practices and that we will get some update on how the players look other than the staff.  With Gus it was we had a great practice every thing looks good. I can understand not wanting completely open practices as you don't want teams to be able to scout you but there should be some people outside the program who you can trust who will be objective on how the team is progressing.  

I miss the days when I was at Auburn where paranoia wasn't so prevalent and you could watch some of the practices.

not sure how dye was but terry bowden was the best! man we got so close we could touch the players getting reps,etc and i am not kidding. if you got run over it was on you.and wayne hall was the funniest cat i heard. he had a true freshman screwing up and kept calling him gay but used the homosexual word. he said he was not tackling he was trying to have sex with the other cat. that is one true story and if you were lucky enough to see it unfold you would probably still be laughing. and coach hall was the most bow legged dude i ever saw. and when we were at the gate and hesitant ol jimbo fisher noticed we were unsure and hollered for us to come on in. they kept water for the fans as well as the team. that was one of my top memories of auburn football..............

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

not sure how dye was but terry bowden was the best! man we got so close we could touch the players getting reps,etc and i am not kidding. if you got run over it was on you.and wayne hall was the funniest cat i heard. he had a true freshman screwing up and kept calling him gay but used the homosexual word. he said he was not tackling he was trying to have sex with the other cat. that is one true story and if you were lucky enough to see it unfold you would probably still be laughing. and coach hall was the most bow legged dude i ever saw. and when we were at the gate and hesitant ol jimbo fisher noticed we were unsure and hollered for us to come on in. they kept water for the fans as well as the team. that was one of my top memories of auburn football..............

Well that’s not funny at all 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Man that would have been amazing to get to go to practice as a student. Certainly a different era when a coach would yell that in a public setting. Lol I’ve certainly heard coaches yell similar in practice and much worse 😳

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I would think seeing a bow legged coach very humorous.

Calling some a derogatory name isn’t humorous . 

15 minutes ago, rophle said:

I thought it was. 

Now don’t start because last time we got into it you got into your feelings . Just saying 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now don’t start because last time we got into it you got into your feelings . Just saying 

😂 I promise nothing ever said on here  has got me into my feelings. 

nothing against you @aubiefifty. Thanks for sharing your experience . I think you will find CBH has a lot more confidence than our previous coach so things will be a lot more open. You can tell by his bravado and just how comfortable he is sharing just enough. He seems to be a thinker and actual strategies unlike the previous leader. 

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

Man that would have been amazing to get to go to practice as a student. Certainly a different era when a coach would yell that in a public setting. Lol I’ve certainly heard coaches yell similar in practice and much worse 😳

they dropped every single cuss word there was. the mfers shocked me because i thought terry was such a christian he would not allow it. i just did not know how it worked. and being young then i was shocked to see old folks laughing along with everyone else. now i am a geezer i think man that was dumb thinking that.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

nothing against you @aubiefifty. Thanks for sharing your experience . I think you will find CBH has a lot more confidence than our previous coach so things will be a lot more open. You can tell by his bravado and just how comfortable he is sharing just enough. He seems to be a thinker and actual strategies unlike the previous leader. 

for the record i have never heard of saying someone was bowlegged an insult. i was a big fan of his at the time. to me it is like saying he was fair skinned. and he was. i am fair skinned thus all the skin cancer crap i am going through.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Calling some a derogatory name isn’t humorous . 

. and the funny part was him talking about his player looking like he was trying to have sex instead of tackling.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Well that’s not funny at all 

he also wore a sailor type cap with a long cover in the back protecting his back. people get called fat in all kinds of ways on here and no one says a word. i am a fatass. so tell me what is ok to print and what is not? i am not ever saying you have called anyone fat but have you not ever laughed at a fat joke on here? you pounce on a statement i made and then say nothing against me or address me with it. i said what i said with absolutely no malice in my heart. none. and i want people to know i did not. if i said nothing it would appear i agreed with you which i do not. but nothing against you either dag. i just do not understand why you seem to think everything i say is a lie or meant to hurt someone. i really do not.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

for the record i have never heard of saying someone was bowlegged an insult. i was a big fan of his at the time. to me it is like saying he was fair skinned. and he was. i am fair skinned thus all the skin cancer crap i am going through.

. and the funny part was him talking about his player looking like he was trying to have sex instead of tackling.

he also wore a sailor type cap with a long cover in the back protecting his back. people get called fat in all kinds of ways on here and no one says a word. i am a fatass. so tell me what is ok to print and what is not? i am not ever saying you have called anyone fat but have you not ever laughed at a fat joke on here? you pounce on a statement i made and then say nothing against me or address me with it. i said what i said with absolutely no malice in my heart. none. and i want people to know i did not. if i said nothing it would appear i agreed with you which i do not. but nothing against you either dag. i just do not understand why you seem to think everything i say is a lie or meant to hurt someone. i really do not.

Wasn’t implying or saying you

hurt anyone. Let’s move on. I misread what you thought was funny. I apologize.

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

You used to able to sneak over the fence in the end zone on the Haley Center side and get a peek.

Archived