BO and TJ

aubiefifty

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I meant the same in facing pressure, they are both working through issues.  We'll see who is the same QB understanding the playbook and limiting mistakes.  TJ didn't play well under pressure and threw picks more than twice as often per pass than Finley.

I'm not sure Harsin and Bobo's exact stance on throwing picks, but I assume they don't like that.  Spring games don't count, but TH continued to make bad decisions after a spring practice and Bo did things that hasn't done before.

Maybe all of that gets thrown out the window and in fall camp Bo regresses and TJ excels under different coaching. 

I believe we both agree TJ is an elite talented QB and he makes Auburn better.  I think we both agree the best player is going to play, we just disagree who it is.  I don't think Bo's progression as a QB is over, most seem to think it is and he's done.

And if it is Bo, I would 100 percent be rooting for him as the starter. My thing is I am glad we have a true QB competition. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And if it is Bo, I would 100 percent be rooting for him as the starter. My thing is I am glad we have a true QB competition. 

There are def some people who root against players.  If TJ beats out Bo, I'm deleting my account, starting a new one, acting like I loved him all along and will ride with him.  🤣

But seriously, yeah.  Competition breeds the best.  

Pretty easy to see from that highlight video why Bo didn't throw more picks, and why most of us are happy that Gus isn't running our offense any more. Swing Pass City, baby. None of Gus's QB's threw many picks since 2015 because Gus didn't attack an entire third of the field, which might be both the most high risk and most high reward area. 

As for what it's supposed to prove about Bo, I'm not sure what that might be. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nah. Definitely not how that works. Lol You are indirectly trying to give credit to Gus when MW and Hugh Freeze put in the work to get him to a point at Liberty where he is a first rounder. Do you give credit to Blinn College for getting Cam to Auburn?

Cam was always a QB though at every stop.  He was never recruited as anything else.  I suppose that is where I personally see the difference.  Without Auburn’s offer, do I see him as a QB at Liberty?  I don’t.  I see him playing DB somewhere, unless he was dead set on playing QB and went to JUCO instead of going on scholarship to a D1 school as a DB.  Just my opinion though.  You could be 100% right and he still be at Liberty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think it was actually every completion. Damn video is 20 minutes. 

It she's he can throw from a good base and make good passes. He has fundamentals when he's not being pressured. 

He has to improve when under pressure, that's when he breaks down and throws poorly. This can be learned after HS and even after college 

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Cam was always a QB though at every stop.  He was never recruited as anything else.  I suppose that is where I personally see the difference.  Without Auburn’s offer, do I see him as a QB at Liberty?  I don’t.  I see him playing DB somewhere, unless he was dead set on playing QB and went to JUCO instead of going on scholarship to a D1 school as a DB.  Just my opinion though.  You could be 100% right and he still be at Liberty. 

But Blinn gave him an opportunity for him to get seen by Auburn. From what I understand, Cam wasn’t even on Auburn radar until they accidentally stumbled across on him when they were actually looking at someone else. So if Blinn didn’t give him an opportunity , how would Auburn had any chance of getting him? You see how much of a stretch that is? 

if he would’ve stayed At Auburn do you think he would’ve been where he is at now? A potential first round QB?

Edited by DAG

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What I am saying is if Gus didn’t offer him as QB Malik would be a DB at one of the other schools that offered.  Without his (limited) tape here Freeze probably wouldn’t offer.  He might be a standout as DB, but I was referring to him being known as a QB only.  Without our QB offer he might have just conceded that all of his offers are as DB.  Just a morning thought at 4:00 AM.  😅

Nick Marshall just threw a ball by my window..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But Blinn gave him an opportunity for him to get seen by Auburn. From what I understand, Cam wasn’t even on Auburn radar until they accidentally stumbled across on him when they were actually looking at someone else. So if Blinn didn’t give him an opportunity , how would Auburn had any chance of getting him? You see how much of a stretch that is? 

if he would’ve stayed At Auburn do you think he would’ve been where he is at now?

I think you guys are both have a solid point. 

Auburn didn't make him in the QB he is now. That's on Hugh. 

But... He was committed to VT as an athlete/DB and came to us bc we only offered him a scholly to play QB. If we don't offer I think he goes to VT to play DB, at least initially. I'm. Not sure he would have gone the Nick Marshall route. 

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

Nick Marshall just threw a ball by my window..

If Nick wasn’t kicked out of UGA, would he ever had a chance as QB?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I think you guys are both have a solid point. 

Auburn didn't make him in the QB he is now. That's on Hugh. 

But... He was committed to VT as an athlete/DB and came to us bc we only offered him a scholly to play QB. If we don't offer I think he goes to VT to play DB, at least initially. I'm. Not sure he would have gone the Nick Marshall route. 

But he didn’t so how you going to give someone else credit for the work they put in when you didn’t give them the opportunity lol. 

That is like UGA fans saying Auburn should thank us for kicking NM off our squad because if we didn’t do that, he wouldn’t have tried to be a QB. 

That’s crazy. That is in fact a terrible take lol. The issue is he had all of this talent and we didn’t utilIze it. 

So I again I ask , if NM didn’t go to Liberty and stayed at Auburn do you think he would be projected as a 1st rounder 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If Nick wasn’t kicked out of UGA, would he ever had a chance as QB?

Do you thank UGA for that? Do you give Mark Richt credit for NM leading Auburn to the national championship? 

Do you give Garden City credit for given him the opportunity to play QB and build confidence ? 

Edited by DAG

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

if he would’ve stayed At Auburn do you think he would’ve been where he is at now? A potential first round QB?

If he stayed at Auburn, I don’t so I am glad he left so Hugh could develop him.  I’m not taking that away from Hugh at all. I’m simply just saying Hugh wouldn’t have going his QB playing DB at Virginia Tech.  That’s all I’m saying.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Do you thank UGA for that? Do you give Mark Richt credit for NM leading Auburn to the national championship? 

Do you give Garden City credit for given him the opportunity to play QB and build confidence ? 

I do give Garden City credit yes.  Without them we wouldn’t have found him I think

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

If he stayed at Auburn, I don’t so I am glad he left so Hugh could develop him.  I’m not taking that away from Hugh at all. I’m simply just saying Hugh wouldn’t have going his QB playing DB at Virginia Tech.  That’s all I’m saying.  

So then Hugh freeze deserves the credit not Gus. Hugh Freeze chose to give MW a chance and MW sat and learned and grew into a projected first rounder under him. This is something Gus Malzahn could’ve done and probably would’ve still had a job if he had got the production out of MW that Hugh Freeze gotten. So to sit here and try to credit him for where MW is at is pretty garbage IMO

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

But he didn’t so how you going to give someone else credit for the work they put in when you didn’t give them the opportunity lol. 

He didn't what? Not following. 

He gave credit to Auburn? I disagree if so, but Rhetts offer did at least give him an opportunity to play QB. 

If he went to VT as a DB and we never offered he'd probably be an elite DB. He's an absurd athlete. Maybe he'd eventually gotten the itch and transferred 

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Cam was recruited at other places to play tight end

This guys argument is Bo is good when there's nobody trying to hit him.....absolutely hilarious. I'd be in the NBA if they didn't play defense.....

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So I again I ask , if NM didn’t go to Liberty and stayed at Auburn do you think he would be projected as a 1st rounder

Who? Nick or Willis? 

I think I answered this. If he stayed at Auburn he probably wouldn't get drafted. I'm not saying he should thank us, but we were his only P5 offer for QB. If not for us he would have been a DB. 

I don't thi k we need to be thanked, I'm. Just saying we can acknowledge that Rhett's offer started him down the QB path vs DB path

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Cam was recruited at other places to play tight end

UGA to be exact 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I do give Garden City credit yes.  Without them we wouldn’t have found him I think

This is the first you have ever done so. Who is the Garden city coach who recruited him? Lol

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty easy to see from that highlight video why Bo didn't throw more picks, and why most of us are happy that Gus isn't running our offense any more. Swing Pass City, baby. None of Gus's QB's threw many picks since 2015 because Gus didn't attack an entire third of the field, which might be both the most high risk and most high reward area. 

What it did was show that even when Bo has a guy 5 yards away the thought of someone running at him he'll throw off his back foot and up for grabs. Good thing that's the one thing Seth was extremely good at. Fighting for jump balls

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This guys argument is Bo is good when there's nobody trying to hit him.....absolutely hilarious. I'd be in the NBA if they didn't play defense.....

That's not my argument. So you're a the liar now for state my argument wrong? Do I get to call those names now? 

No, my argument is Bo has fundamentals, we can see them when he makes good passes under little pressure. He needs to get better under pressure, thst can be learned after JV, after HS, in college and even after in the NFL. 

So, he can still get better and improve. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't thi k we need to be thanked, I'm. Just saying we can acknowledge that Rhett's offer started him down the QB path vs DB path

Yeah that is totally different. I do acknowledge that. My issue is when I said Gus failed at developing QBs and pointed to MW, the response was “well we did offer him.” Not the same thing .

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah that is totally different. I do acknowledge that. My issue is when I said Gus failed at developing QBs and pointed to MW, the response was “well we did offer him.” Not the same thing .

Gus failed to develop every QB he every had.

Maybe he did kind of develop MW. But had a promise to Bo and we never saw what MW could have done, but he shouldn't get any credit for him. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Gus failed to develop every QB he every had.

Maybe he did kind of develop MW. But had a promise to Bo and we never saw what MW could have done, but he shouldn't get any credit for him. 

I don’t think so bro. MW was an upperclassmen compared to the other two and now a projected 1st rounder. If he truly saw the talent he had , no way MW is gone. Hindsight is 20/20 but right now the looks of that is super disgusting.