BO and TJ

aubiefifty

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

He would have to win a NC to even be considered 

His numbers will be crazy. And I know you 've seen many of people, just like I have mention cam only playing one year blah blah blah. I haven't read this entire thread but I'm sure someone has already said it or if not somebody will add it soon. 

So I'm just saying with that logic a 4 year starter and of course all of the extra Bo has attached with his name. Icould see some people saying it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

His numbers will be crazy. And I know you 've seen many of people, just like I have mention cam only playing one year blah blah blah. I haven't read this entire thread but I'm sure someone has already said it or if not somebody will add it soon. 

So I'm just saying with that logic a 4 year starter and of course all of the extra Bo has attached with his name. Icould see some people saying it. 

That would be foolish. Being here four years and not moving a needle is Meaningless to me. That would be like someone saying Demar Derozan should be higher than Kawhi Leonard in Raptor galore because he played more seasons there. 

Just now, DAG said:

That would be foolish. Being here four years and not moving a needle is Meaningless to me. That would be like someone saying Demar Derozan should be higher than Kawhi Leonard in Raptor galore because he played more seasons there. 

I agree, I actually argue against that logic and an example like this and what you used to argue against that. I feel like when people say it they don't think of what it means as far as the reverse logic of it, such as this.

• Like 1

Do people just forget what Cam did on the field? Honestly just go back and watch the season and then honestly say he isn’t #1 on the list no matter how long he played and honestly IMO he will always be #1 .. we do not have anyone on our roster that can unseat him.. ever. Not sure we ever will. 

• Like 3

Yeah cam was like the leading passer, rusher, he caught a td. Really didn't have an explosive group of wr's......it was crazy what he was able to do. And then doing it under all that NCAA stuff

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Do people just forget what Cam did on the field? Honestly just go back and watch the season and then honestly say he isn’t #1 on the list no matter how long he played and honestly IMO he will always be #1 .. we do not have anyone on our roster that can unseat him.. ever. Not sure we ever will. 

I think people just like to debate lol. There is no question that Cam deserves to be #1.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah cam was like the leading passer, rusher, he caught a td. Really didn't have an explosive group of wr's......it was crazy what he was able to do. And then doing it under all that NCAA stuff

Almost no other legitimate NFL talent on the offensive side of the roster. And certainly noone else who actually made any noise in the NFL.

Only a handful of guys have ever been that much better than literally every other player in college football at the time. 

Seeing him in person so many times in 2010 really does make up for all of the heartbreak and disappointment of being an Auburn and Atlanta fan. Pure electricity. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DAG said:

He would have to win a NC to even be considered 

As much as I would like for that to happen, it isn't.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I think people just like to debate lol. There is no question that Cam deserves to be #1.

I mean, I enjoy a good argument...but there are something that can't be argued

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seeing him in person so many times in 2010 really does make up for all of the heartbreak and disappointment of being an Auburn and Atlanta fan. Pure electricity. 

I was still in my last year at Ole Miss, but was lucky enough to see him in person four times that season. IB was the highlight, but would have loved to be in Jordan Hare for Georgia, LSU, or Cam's breakout game against USCe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DAG said:

When I think of four year starters, I think of Stan White. I loved the kid in the end, but his first years were a struggle. He would get eaten alive by most of you in today's world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

When I think of four year starters, I think of Stan White. I loved the kid in the end, but his first years were a struggle. He would get eaten alive by most of you in today's world.

Truthfully, Bo has had a similar career projection to Stan so far. He won't be the starter long if he continues on Stan's path, however.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Truthfully, Bo has had a similar career projection to Stan so far. He won't be the starter long if he continues on Stan's path, however.

Your making an assumption that the other 2 would look better than a Stan White lookalike. You could be right but also could be wrong as we only have potential at this point from them.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Your making an assumption that the other 2 would look better than a Stan White lookalike. You could be right but also could be wrong as we only have potential at this point from them.

No I'm not. We were 5-5-1 in 92. White's completion percentage was just over 50, and he had 5 touchdowns vs 16 interceptions. If he is looking bad, Harsin is going to pull Bo and put in TJ to try to spark the offense. Bo will not remain the starter for the whole season like Stan did in 92.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

No I'm not. We were 5-5-1 in 92. White's completion percentage was just over 50, and he had 5 touchdowns vs 16 interceptions. If he is looking bad, Harsin is going to pull Bo and put in TJ to try to spark the offense. Bo will not remain the starter for the whole season like Stan did in 92.

Lordy, I hope you're right. I hope we have a coach that thinks, "Well, the other thing *might* not work, but this *definitely* isn't working, so I'm gonna try the other thing." 

This is me not talking about the last guy specifically.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DAG said:

How long someone plays in one place is not the only factor but it should be a factor. Especially when discussing who is the best ever to play the position. Cam is a poor example just because he was soooo much more talented then every other QB we have to compare him too and he also won the school an undisputed national title. But to me best ever doesn't mean most talented or who had the best pro career. It means those things but it also means who completed the most passes, made the most tackles, won the most games etc.....etc. 

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

But to me best ever doesn't mean most talented or who had the best pro career. It means those things but it also means who completed the most passes, made the most tackles, won the most games etc.....etc. 

I don’t think anyone said anything about a pro career. Also stats can be deceiving. See Graham Harrell who broke a lot of records in the NCAA for passing. Would you consider him a better college QB than Cam Newton? Duration should be a factor but if you are comparing it to someone who was the best player on a championship team , you need to at least have a championship in my eyes among other things .