BO and TJ

aubiefifty

Just now, W.E.D said:

That's not my argument. So you're a the liar now for state my argument wrong? Do I get to call those names now? 

No, my argument is Bo has fundamentals, we can see them when he makes good passes under little pressure. He needs to get better under pressure, thst can be learned after JV, after HS, in college and even after in the NFL. 

So, he can still get better and improve. 

Nobody has ever said he can't learn the things he should've learned in middle school. He actually has already learned them but he's not disciplined enough to do them. It's not anything to learn it's don't throw the ball up without a proper base, even when you're scared. 

And saying a person can learn to be good under pressure is somewhat ridiculous in itself. Everybody has traits.....If you're scary you're scary.

You really don't just learn to be kobe Bryant when the game is on the line. You have to be mentally tough

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the first you have ever done so. Who is the Garden city coach who recruited him? Lol

Beats me.  :Sing:  I bet if E were still around he would know.  The recruiting knowledge that guy has is amazing.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

So then Hugh freeze deserves the credit not Gus. Hugh Freeze chose to give MW a chance and MW sat and learned and grew into a projected first rounder under him. This is something Gus Malzahn could’ve done and probably would’ve still had a job if he had got the production out of MW that Hugh Freeze gotten. So to sit here and try to credit him for where MW is at is pretty garbage IMO

I think we are both right.  I give credit to Gus for seeing Willis was destined to be a QB but Freeze for recognizing the true talent he has.  You do have very strong points though. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Beats me.  :Sing:  I bet if E were still around he would know.  The recruiting knowledge that guy has is amazing.  

Jeff Tatum. You should thank him for personally finding NM and building rapport with coach Ledford to get Nick from Wilcox 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think so bro. MW was an upperclassmen compared to the other two and now a projected 1st rounder. If he truly saw the talent he had , no way MW is gone. Hindsight is 20/20 but right now the looks of that is super disgusting. 

Definitely agree.  I don't think Gus saw talent correctly, nor ever used it correctly.  So what I'm saying he is Malik was probably pretty good here and Gus couldn't see it.  Possibly the same thing with Gatewood.

Not that he developed him, actually saw it, but didn't use him.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody has ever said he can't learn the things he should've learned in middle school.

Cmon, my guy.  Feeling the pass rush in the SEC isn't something you learn and master in JV.  Players constantly get better at in and even do so in the NFL.  He doesn't feel the rush correctly and reacts poorly.  He can still improve on that.  

Trying to make that a JV fundamental is dumb

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I give credit to Gus for seeing Willis was destined to be a QB

Wasn't it Rhett who saw him and offered him?  Seems like he should get the nod, then Gus never did anything with a possible 1st round QB

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Wasn't it Rhett who saw him and offered him?  Seems like he should get the nod, then Gus never did anything with a possible 1st round QB

Heck, possible Heisman winner in 2021/22. He could be there. 

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cmon, my guy.  Feeling the pass rush in the SEC isn't something you learn and master in JV.  Players constantly get better at in and even do so in the NFL.  He doesn't feel the rush correctly and reacts poorly.  He can still improve on that.  

Trying to make that a JV fundamental is dumb

No you trying to crawl out of holes and misquote because you really don't know the game is dumb.

You tell me the scary QB you saw improve in one year. And pass rush isn't a fundamental but not consistently throwing from a strong base is.

And you trying to say that's not a fundamental is idiotic. 

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think we are both right.  I give credit to Gus for seeing Willis was destined to be a QB but Freeze for recognizing the true talent he has.  You do have very strong points though. 

What's the point of seeing something then literally not allowing them to throw? You shouldn't get any credit for that. 

Like trey lance, South Dakota should get all the credit. They wanted him, taught him like a pro QB and they got a really big pay off for it. A championship. If they would've just thrown him on the bench you don't get credit for that

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you trying to crawl out of holes and misquote because you really don't know the game is dumb.

You tell me the scary QB you saw improve in one year. And pass rush isn't a fundamental but not consistently throwing from a strong base is.

And you trying to say that's not a fundamental is idiotic. 

Again, where did you start at QB at a P5 school?  Give me a break.  He doesn't play scared.  Playing scared is cowering vs trying to escape to soon and feeling pressure and sliding into the opening hole.

IYO, no player can learn pocket presence b/c it is something taught in JV.  You want to be that rigged, do you.

Players evolve and improve through college and the NFL.  The idea that they learned this in JV and can't improve after being an underclassmen is dumb.

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Nah. Definitely not how that works. Lol You are indirectly trying to give credit to Gus when MW and Hugh Freeze put in the work to get him to a point at Liberty where he is a first rounder. Do you give credit to Blinn College for getting Cam to Auburn?

I would say Gus and Freeze possibly talked about Malik, after all they are close friends. I’d give Gus a feather for offering him the opportunity to be a QB, but give Freeze the credit for making him a QB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Again, where did you start at QB at a P5 school?  Give me a break.  He doesn't play scared.  Playing scared is cowering vs trying to escape to soon and feeling pressure and sliding into the opening hole.

IYO, no player can learn pocket presence b/c it is something taught in JV.  You want to be that rigged, do you.

Players evolve and improve through college and the NFL.  The idea that they learned this in JV and can't improve after being an underclassmen is dumb.

I played corner up to college and all I did was watch film on QB's to be good. I also played wr so I know what QB's look at look for and what they get taught up to college. I know the difference between a guy who really should be a wr playing QB and a college QB. 

And actually I'm sure anybody who even just played intramurals in college ran across that one team that had a guy that actually played QB in high school and how different of an experience that game was compared to the others. 

I also help coach the secondary in high school. You keep trying to mesh pocket presence into throwing off your back foot be the same and you don't think it's not easily seen.....But it's not the same, it's not close to be being the same.

I never once said a QB's pocket presence doesn't get better in college. I didn't say anything can't be learned past jv. You're just a liar and you need something to argue so you just made it up. 

That doesn't even make sense a QB in college can't learn something a ten year old can? Even your lie is stupid. What I did say is he's already been taught and he should have had that down before he even entered college. That is literally something Gus shouldn't have to had to waste time to worry about from a 5 star. So your b.s.he can't do it because of Gus is as dumb as your other stuff.

But everybody knows bigbird is a coach and knows he doesn't have any bias about any QB on this team. Ask him to comment and did I say anything false as far as the development of a QB

Playing scared isn't just dropping to your knees collapsing, that's stupid, you don't see anybody do that. Being scared in the pocket is thinking a rush is closer than they are and getting nervous and changing your habits because you're going to get hit. 

Guy's that are disciplined stay in the pocket take a hit make the same throw anyway. Bo has done this a time or two. He's been taught. But because he can run a bit he see pressure runs backwards and throws a majority of the time. Which is shown in your highlight clip that you stupidly put up and showed the point that you were trying to say didn't exist

Edited by cole256

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

all I did was watch film on QB's to be good

I played DB at college at a division II for two years until my heart condition.I never took film study serious until I got to that level even at the D-II ranks. Athletic ability can only take you so far as everyone is pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I played DB at college at a division II for two years until my heart condition.I never took film study serious until I got to that level even at the D-II ranks. Athletic ability can only take you so far as everyone is pretty damn good. 

You actually just brought up a great point. You're exactly right you think you're an athlete and then you meet some guys and you're just like damn. 

And the thing that separates at that level is the guys that are disciplined enough to do it right. As a corner I know you experienced you coming off your stance in the right form to start your back pedal and you get a run play 5 times in a row and on this running down when you don't do it just right is the exact time it's a pass play coming to your guy. 

You did it right every time but that one and that's the only play they'll remember. Now is you don't have any competition no big deal but if you do that can make or break you playing maybe for the year.

Corner is the hardest job to play imo

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Playing scared isn't just dropping to your knees collapsing, that's stupid, you don't see anybody do that.

Clint Moseley says hi...

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Cam was recruited at other places to play tight end

GA definitely recruited him as a TE, in 2010, but not bc he couldn't play QB, but bc he was a great athlete, and at the time Richt liked pro style QBs, and had Aaron Murray grooming at the time. Cam would not fit their offense as a DT QB, which is what he was running out at Blinn.

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You actually just brought up a great point. You're exactly right you think you're an athlete and then you meet some guys and you're just like damn.

You show up and run. Look beside you and a guy 6 inches taller is just as fast as you.

You remember saying to yourself, "Thank god we are both running in the same direction"!

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I played corner up to college and all I did was watch film on QB's to be good. I also played wr so I know what QB's look at look for and what they get taught up to college.

Ok, so you haven't played the position either.  So, using your logic you don't really know what you're talking about.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I never once said a QB's pocket presence doesn't get better in college. I didn't say anything can't be learned past jv. You're just a liar and you need something to argue so you just made it up. 

That doesn't even make sense a QB in college can't learn something a ten year old can? Even your lie is stupid. What I did say is he's already been taught and he should have had that down before he even entered college. That is literally something Gus shouldn't have to had to waste time to worry about from a 5 star. So your b.s.he can't do it because of Gus is as dumb as your other stuff.

You constantly harp on things Bo has done wrong and claim he should have known them since JV.  That's your argument here.  You tell me he can't change b/c these fundamentals were taught when he was 10 and should know them by now.

So which is it?  Was he already taught this and should know it or he can continue to learn and progress?  If it is the latter, then it seems you side with me in the thought that he can get better.

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I think we need a fourth thread to have the Bo vs. TJ debate. Three is the magic number but not enough threads for never ending circular arguments 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think we need a fourth thread to have the Bo vs. TJ debate. Three is the magic number but not enough threads for never ending circular arguments 

bored shoot me GIF

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You constantly harp on things Bo has done wrong and claim he should have known them since JV.  That's your argument here.  You tell me he can't change b/c these fundamentals were taught when he was 10 and should know them by now.

So which is it?  Was he already taught this and should know it or he can continue to learn and progress?  If it is the latter, then it seems you side with me in the thought that he can get better.

Wtf is wrong with you? Show where I've said these things you said I said. And don't do your usual take a statement twist it and say that's what it means show me where I've said these things

If you can't debate without lying you should really stfu