2021 JUCO DB - Roterius Torrence COMMITS!

Paladin

23 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Kid seems to be good, but damn we're really going heavy on DB

@W.E.D We lost 2 new guys that had signed & enrolled. We had to replace them if we felt there was quality replacements. The Vandy transfer was not 1 of the replacements. We were taking him had Domio & Hadden stayed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now go do the same for OL too. Scary

Based on A-Day Recollections: 

Left Tackle
Austin Troxell (Senior)
Alex Jackson (Senior) - did not play in A-Day
Kilian Zierer (Junior)

Left Guard
Tashawn Manning (Senior)
Tate Johnson (Sophomore)

Center
Nick Brahms (Senior)
Jalil Irvin (Junior)
Avery Jernigan (R.Freshman) ?

Right Guard
Keiondre Jones (Sophomore)
Kam Stutts (Junior)

Right Tackle
Bro Hamm (Senior)
Brenden Coffey (Senior)

Returning from Injury: Brandon Council (Senior)

Incoming Freshman: Garner Langlo, Colby Smith

TL;DR

luke-skywalker-empire-strikes-back-no.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tsande07 said:

Based on A-Day Recollections: 

Left Tackle
Austin Troxell (Senior)
Alex Jackson (Senior) - did not play in A-Day
Kilian Zierer (Junior)

Left Guard
Tashawn Manning (Senior)
Tate Johnson (Sophomore)

Center
Nick Brahms (Senior)
Jalil Irvin (Junior)
Avery Jernigan (R.Freshman) ?

Right Guard
Keiondre Jones (Sophomore)
Kam Stutts (Junior)

Right Tackle
Bro Hamm (Senior)
Brenden Coffey (Senior)

Returning from Injury: Brandon Council (Senior)

Incoming Freshman: Garner Langlo, Colby Smith

TL;DR

luke-skywalker-empire-strikes-back-no.jpeg

Not trying to be a stickler, but you forgot the deep snappers. 

Seriously, is that 8 after next season and only 2 OT? 

image.png

Can't wait until we build our super-sized back end of LB-sized safeties that all run 4.4 & Corners that look like X Receivers w/ a swiss Army Knife Super-Nickel.

That'd be my dream...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Can't wait until we build our super-sized back end of LB-sized safeties that all run 4.4 & Corners that look like X Receivers w/ a swiss Army Knife Super-Nickel.

That'd be my dream...

Man I've been advocating for us getting some big athletes in the secondary forever. Ofcourse if you can ball you can ball but we've had such great success with corners and safeties 6 foot and above......now I want to have a bunch of them on the same defense!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man I've been advocating for us getting some big athletes in the secondary forever. 

ugh-whatever.gif

• Facepalm 1

Auburn cornerback commit named JUCO defensive player of the year

by Nathan King

Auburn's latest commitment has received some huge recognition from the JUCO ranks.

Cornerback Roterius Torrence was named the National Junior College Athletic Association's defensive player of the year Thursday after he helped Hutchinson Community College (Kansas) win its first NJCAA national championship earlier this month. Torrence, who committed to Auburn on June 6, also won defensive player of the year in his conference and was named an NJCAA first team All-American.

A physically imposing defensive back at 6-foot-4, Torrence is rated as the No. 5 JUCO cornerback in the 2021 class. He was previously committed to Tennessee for eight days, then decommitted June 1, the same day he received an Auburn offer.

Torrence played his high-school ball in Bessemer, Alabama, approximately two hours from Auburn's campus.

"Even though growing up an Alabama fan, I still wanted to play for one of those teams (Auburn or Alabama.)," Torrence told Auburn Undercover when he committed. "Coming from Alabama, this is a big blessing."

In eight games for Hutchinson this spring season, Torrence had 23 tackles, five pass breakups and one interception, which came in the national title game victory over Snow College (Utah). According to the NJCAA, Torrence allowed only one reception in coverage all season.

"Ro plays extremely physical at the line of scrimmage in press coverage and fits very well in coverage on the down-field throws," Hutchinson head coach Drew Dallas said. "His presence on the field was instrumental in our success as a defensive unit. Nearly every week, Ro was able to eliminate the opposing teams best offensive threat at the wide receiver position. This is a tremendous individual honor for him and I am extremely proud of Ro's progression and development at the cornerback position because of how hard he works and his professional approach to the game."

Torrence will have three years of eligibility at Auburn. His addition to Auburn's roster helps the Tigers after former JUCO cornerbacks Marco Domio and Kamal Hadden transferred this offseason to UCF and Tennessee, respectively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1